PDA

View Full Version : izuzu 1.7 td

superfu-kingnova
04-11-10, 08:02 PM
hi, does anyone one have any advice or ideas on how to get maximum performance from these engines ?
Ive just bought a nice cav 1.7td as my daily, my first ever diesel motor, i cant help but feel its going to bring back memory's of being locked in the back of an oldbill van lol .

thanks if any ones got any ideas , fire away :thumb:

John
04-11-10, 08:03 PM
I'm sure there's a tuning article in "articles"

John
04-11-10, 08:04 PM
I was indeed correct!

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84830

Ron
04-11-10, 08:31 PM
on my cav td that i had a couple months ago i didnt use a chav tap all i did was weld up over boost valve de cat k&n pulled waste gate pipe off and put a screw in it wound the pump a little over 1/3 of a turn it boosted 21psi and is still going now it had 200,000 on the clock when i did itlol

mowgli
04-11-10, 08:43 PM
why would you be stupid enough to put the fact that you can get red diesel on a thread about tuning a td engine???????

superfu-kingnova
04-11-10, 10:23 PM
why would you be stupid enough to put the fact that you can get red diesel on a thread about tuning a td engine???????

lol mate , i take it you didnt read the part about me living on a 'barge' (all boat yards sell red btw) , and the fact my location says 'southern' , and the fact their is no picture of my car !! means i reckon it would take OB all the luck in the world to find me !! :tard:
but thanks for your comment ....

cheers John i will have a look :thumb:

General Baxter
04-11-10, 10:41 PM
i used chip fat lol

Dervy
04-11-10, 10:53 PM
lol mate , i take it you didnt read the part about me living on a 'barge' (all boat yards sell red btw) , and the fact my location says 'southern' , and the fact their is no picture of my car !! means i reckon it would take OB all the luck in the world to find me !! :tard:
but thanks for your comment ....

cheers John i will have a look :thumb:

like ya stile mate :) yea tune it up :) look at my astra build tread might give you some idea what to do:)

mowgli
05-11-10, 08:17 AM
and all boatyards have to sell fuel with duty on it, and you can use red on a stationary boat for heating & power, but when moving, you must pay tax on it......

i was mostly pointing out that png does not support running cars on red diesel, as it is illegal & subject to impounding of the said vehicle until back duty is paid, or it gets crushed. and it is apparently the reason derv is so expensive for all other users (i work in haulage) to claw back all the tax not paid by use of red in vehicles, which then gets passed on on the price of all goods that people then purchase.

please don't put such comments on the png site.

superfu-kingnova
05-11-10, 02:53 PM
and all boatyards have to sell fuel with duty on it, and you can use red on a stationary boat for heating & power, but when moving, you must pay tax on it......

i was mostly pointing out that png does not support running cars on red diesel, as it is illegal & subject to impounding of the said vehicle until back duty is paid, or it gets crushed. and it is apparently the reason derv is so expensive for all other users (i work in haulage) to claw back all the tax not paid by use of red in vehicles, which then gets passed on on the price of all goods that people then purchase.

please don't put such comments on the png site.

tis a fair comment that mate, im fully aware of how we abuse the system for personal gain which results in us f***ing our own economy for all, which i do disagree with, but considering everybody here is on that game, you know the old saying 'if you cant beat them, join them' . duly noted about post lets leave it their mate ....