PDA

View Full Version : Door Card Upholstery

bad_boy_nova
28-05-03, 03:18 PM
I want to change the colour of the fabric on my door cards without changing my door cards. Does anyone know of any sort of dye or something that will change the colour of the fabric on the door cards from grey with a stupid pattern on it, to black? Cheers!

Jim
28-05-03, 03:58 PM
You wont find a dye that will cover the pattern. Also, it's doubtful you'll get the dye spread evenly over the door card. It's really easy to re-upholster a door card. Just peel back the fabric, get some acustic cloth or carpet from Halfords and get some spray glue. Spray the door card, lay it on the fabric, cut around the doorcard leaving an inch of the fabric all round. Fold the inch of fabric over and stick down using the spray glue and thats it. Dead easy. Screw your door pockets in place and then mount it back on the door. You'll obviously have to cut away a bit of the fabric for the handle and window winder (if you have one).

Any more questions just ask.

Jim

privatepie
02-06-03, 10:12 PM
my m8s sprayed hers with the stuf from halfords lks gd

bad_boy_nova
03-06-03, 09:37 AM
What was the stuff called that she sprayed it with? Was it that foliatec or what ever its called? You say it looks good, but is the fabric rough and rock hard or does it feel no different?

privatepie
03-06-03, 02:29 PM
its that interior paint stuf dont no what its called it fells the same just lks much better

MattyWoo
03-06-03, 04:19 PM
Or you could get a professional (slimjim) to cover them in a different colour :D