PDA

View Full Version : My Xe Is Going In Next Week...any Tips??

DEAN-DOHERTY
04-11-10, 03:07 PM
Well lads its time. the nova is coming off the road this sunday and the c20ne is being ripped out on monday morning :)

c20ne engine out
bay cleaned
bay seam welded
bay painted
xe engine put in
wiring all sorted and spliced together
everything plugged in and she should run

i think i have everything all ready to rock and roll

the obvious engine, ecu, loom, f16 gearbox

i am lead to believe this shall be easy enough as the mounts for the ne are the same as the xe so everything will line up without having to move mounts etc.
i already have 2l discs all round so that dont need upgrading either.

is there any other issues i have missed??

or any tips yas have??

bainyboy sr
04-11-10, 03:16 PM
seems like youve got it all mate welding and the painting will be the time comsuming part mate

ben doodar
04-11-10, 03:33 PM
heater matrix pipe may need shortening to miss the inlet manifold also where the clutch cable comes through the bulkhead may need bending down towards the passenger floor.

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86668

have a read through that little lot mate for any hints and tips.

DEAN-DOHERTY
04-11-10, 03:34 PM
yea ano. ive booked two weeks off work, give me plenty of time to get it done... then hopefully play in my toy with the spare holidays lol

monday-engine out, start cleaning bay to get it ready for welding
tuesday- finish off any last cleaning, start welding(dads doing welding in the evening after work so may take a few nights)
wednesay night- hopefully finish welding
thursday- seam sealer and paint
thurday night/ friday- engine in and wired

so if all goes to plan ill have it in and running for the end of the weekend.

how does that scedule sound...
baring in mind im only splashing a bit of paint round the bay..nothing fancy at the minute

DEAN-DOHERTY
04-11-10, 03:36 PM
cheers ben, i think my heater matrix may have been toy'd with when the previous plunker fitted the c20ne as my heater just blows cold air...this sucks as its freezing with it being winter :-(

Sloth
04-11-10, 03:37 PM
bout right. done cambelt and water pump on the xe? sump gasket? going in the top?

DEAN-DOHERTY
04-11-10, 03:40 PM
bout right. done cambelt and water pump on the xe? sump gasket? going in the top?

nope aint done belt or pump yet. it is being done though.
didint think about the sump gasket :tard:
and yea its being dropped in from above

bainyboy sr
04-11-10, 03:42 PM
and yea its being dropped in from above[/quote]

i find it eaiser goin in from the bottom thats the way i always do it

Sloth
04-11-10, 03:43 PM
ok, do the belt and pump with it out, leave the oil filter off, it makes it easier to clear the leg. get an 8v gasket sorted, autovaux do em much cheapness. well worth it whilst its out. enjoy! and dont forget the pics!!!!

Sloth
04-11-10, 03:44 PM
always done mine from the top, gearbox end in first, at a 45 deg angle, push it right over to the ns, lower it down and shes in.

bainyboy sr
04-11-10, 03:46 PM
always done mine from the top, gearbox end in first, at a 45 deg angle, push it right over to the ns, lower it down and shes in.

less of a mess doin it from the bottom and you dont need to take the oil filter off its alot quicker done it loads of time

DEAN-DOHERTY
04-11-10, 03:47 PM
im gna start a project/ build up in a few minutes so all progress can be watched from there

what about an exhaust?

i have the exhaust and mani from the c20ne that fits and works perfect.

i also have an xe manifold. im guessn the ne wouldnt fit and im going to have to fabricate the xe manifold and make it fit

bainyboy sr
04-11-10, 03:49 PM
yea youl need to fabricate it to make it fit but the exhaust you have should be fine

DEAN-DOHERTY
04-11-10, 03:52 PM
less of a mess doin it from the bottom and you dont need to take the oil filter off its alot quicker done it loads of time

my garage is kinda small so i dont really have room to be dragging engines out from underneath the car. i have a hugh beam build into the walls of the garage for taking engines out from the top so thats why i was taking that approach