PDA

View Full Version : It's M.O.T time

wisewood
28-05-03, 01:59 PM
I know it's not a nova... and most of you don't care but I will tell you anyway because I think this is amazing!!!

The Clio has been in for it's M.O.T today...

First things first - The front tyres were borderline legal, the brake discs and pads are in a shocking state, both brake light bulbs were dead and the tracking is way off.

How much did it cost?
?20 for the M.O.T
?5 for two new brake light bulbs
AND THATS IT!!!

So i have 12months M.O.T for ?25... which isn't bad considering i was expecting it to be closer to ?200!!

I am quite happy!!! :D :lol: :D :o :? :D :wink: :D

(not sure i am happy about the amount of flirting the girlfriend must have done to get it through like that though :lol:)

Dave
28-05-03, 02:05 PM
mate worked at a garage for 2 weeks where if a car failed an mot ?30 cash would get it through as long as it wasn't too major :o

Breeny
28-05-03, 02:10 PM
My mot is tomorrow Need to get a horn sorted and then it should be ok... :D

Dave
28-05-03, 02:12 PM
for a horn you can use a toy horn <- dead serious aslong as it can be heard from outside the car an is secure it won't be failed on it

?Marty?
28-05-03, 02:44 PM
My car's in the bodyshop, and the MoT has run out a few weeks ago. Should be gettng it back in a few days, but can't drive it till i get it MoT'd as i get a lot of producers, so can't risk it.

Pain in the ass, as if it fails i then have to get it all sorted before i can drive the fucker.

I once took a 13 year old nova in for an MoT at a vauxhall main dealer, and it passed without even a bulb needing to be replaced!

Though a few days later, the brakes seized, one of the rear dampers bust, and the head gasket went. Marvellous.