PDA

View Full Version : section 59

BongMong
03-11-10, 05:16 PM
then they all got issued a section 59..

the Birkenhead skidders.. Biffa drifters.. Hmmmmm..
out of the blue came the police cars deep into the industrial estate.. took my friends 318 and issued section 59 to all the s14a's.. clearly been grassed on due to it not bein just 1 police car.. :thumb:

Edd
03-11-10, 05:19 PM
own fault for drifting yo lol

If you had a Bong and you were being a Mong after your Bong that will do it as well lol

BongMong
03-11-10, 05:20 PM
own fault for drifting yo lol

If you had a Bong and you were being a Mong after your Bong that will do it as well lol

stopped smokin weed years ago..
weed ruins lives :thumb:

Hayley
03-11-10, 05:31 PM
I love sec 59's and 165's!!!

Take all the cars I say lol

B16_OJB
03-11-10, 05:50 PM
got one on ma corsa and quad haha

bazil
03-11-10, 05:53 PM
What's a 59????

Rich
03-11-10, 05:54 PM
i picked up about 10 in my cruising days lol

mowgli
03-11-10, 05:57 PM
What's a 59????

this.... (http://www.cherwell.gov.uk/media/pdf/m/1/Section_59.pdf)

bazil
03-11-10, 06:05 PM
this.... (http://www.cherwell.gov.uk/media/pdf/m/1/Section_59.pdf)

ah so acting like a p*ick then, I'm my day ( why did I just use that phrase ) we didn't do burnouts and all that crap it was just baws out manic driving on backroads ( within the 60mph speed limit )

mowgli
03-11-10, 06:07 PM
welcome to modern culture..... build a 300hp car & then drive in circles at 20mph in a cul de sac on an industrial estate making as much noise as you can then get upset when the rozzers turn up!

i'm off for a lie down

draper
03-11-10, 06:18 PM
tsk tsk kids of today - getting caught, we normally chipped off before they got there lol

Spudly
03-11-10, 06:22 PM

out of the blue came the police cars deep into the industrial estate.. took my friends 318 and issued section 59 to all the s14a's.. clearly been grassed on due to it not bein just 1 police car.. :thumb:

Is it me or has the beginning bit of this story been missed off, or have i missed out on something here?

Simple rule is, if youre not up to anything to warrant a section 59 then you wont get one, seemples:p

Andy
03-11-10, 06:25 PM
got one on ma corsa and quad haha
Your my hero:tard:

Andy
03-11-10, 06:26 PM

Unlucky.
Biffa drifters? you drift bin wagons?

Andy
03-11-10, 06:27 PM
???

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/len_rogers/apr2002/foden_biffa.jpg

Jack
03-11-10, 06:32 PM
I think you'd need a bit more than 300bhp to drift that.

Mind you, if it was empty and no wet ground.... Mowgli has probably done it lol

General Baxter
03-11-10, 06:50 PM
i got a 59, pulling away from a junction, in the 1.4 loon of doom,

but i went to court and won, and had it dropped,

the coppers bumper would not have court fire, if he was no that close lol

Rysee
03-11-10, 07:36 PM
I got one for a a traffic cop seeing the underside of my nova... then sparks when I landed... grown up since and now care more for MPG then Being a tit

mowgli
03-11-10, 07:52 PM
I think you'd need a bit more than 300bhp to drift that.

Mind you, if it was empty and no wet ground.... Mowgli has probably done it lol

not with an 8 wheeler, but i have had an artic trailer at some crazy angles.... i used to have a wagon with a separate trailer brake lever & could do some really mad things on roundabouts with that one....

BongMong
03-11-10, 08:08 PM
ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa.. they all go to the Biffa plant and skid around there industral estate.. not no more!!.

flyin flea
04-11-10, 12:45 PM

s59s for bein a dick.... fair enough. But scatter gunning with s59s is unlawful. (btw, really ****s me off when so called 'upholders of the law'.... dont)

To be guilty of s59 YOU have to have been doing something.
Spinning do-nuts = s59
Watching someone spinning do-nuts = s59 NOT APPLICABLE.... because YOU have not been driving in an 'alarming manner'.

IF you ask exactly what YOU were doing in contravention of the act they MUST specify!

Then they MUST provide you with a paper (receipt) part to say you've been caught/warned.

A few years ago I was loitering late one night (as you do) with a group of mates. Some loon was spinning do-nuts in a ****ter. ....and in come our friends from South Yorkshire Constabulary.
Two WPCs leap out and begin shouting that we're all "involved with that and they're going to issue us all with s59s.
They then insisted everyone give them their details.
I refused.

Now normally, at this point I would be arrested for failing to give my details. BUT, I asked that "as they were giving everyone an s59, where were the paper receipts that they must give everyone?" The mouthy cow shut up and moved on to the next mug!

It turns out there had been an RTA nearby that night (crash on a round-a-bout). ****in dozy pair had forgotten to get any witness details!!!!

Sloth
04-11-10, 02:13 PM
ive had 23 s59's for everything from bulb out to too loud exhaust. we used to collect em and whack em on the dash when parked up late at night, like a badge of honour. the best one was in my corsa c, it used to rub the speed hump outside the local macdonalds. mr cop decided that there was a minimum suspension height and it warranted a s59. i argued it saying there is a min headlight height of 500mm and thats it. guess who won :d sharp **** cnut. ahhh to be a yoof again......

as for the o.p, wutthafewk have you been toking on????

flyin flea
04-11-10, 02:37 PM
Whooooaaa..... you sure your not confusin a 'section 59' with a more common 'producer'???

I sincerely doubt you have had 23 s59s!

If you're presented with a second s59 within a set time (2 years I think) your vehicle is confiscated, as you've proved to be a c0ck on two occasions.

The cominal garden 'producer' is handed out for far more menial offenses.... such as busted bulb, or eating mcdonalds on a thursday afternoon.

If you have been given an s59 for a duff bulb, then you have a bent copper!

Re minimum ride height... there isnt one. The offense is if 'your vehicle makes repeated contact with the road surface'. Scraping a road hump is NOT an offense. what about all the Caterhams and other such road legal road legal high performance cars that come out of the factory completely incapable of crossing a road hump??

L14MNP
04-11-10, 02:50 PM
Whooooaaa..... you sure your not confusin a 'section 59' with a more common 'producer'???

I sincerely doubt you have had 23 s59s!

If you're presented with a second s59 within a set time (2 years I think) your vehicle is confiscated, as you've proved to be a c0ck on two occasions.

The cominal garden 'producer' is handed out for far more menial offenses.... such as busted bulb, or eating mcdonalds on a thursday afternoon.

This.

I used to collect producers too. Had over 40 in my first year :/

Never had a Section 59 though. I'm not saying I'm not a 'tit'. I'm just careful. lol

Sloth
04-11-10, 03:18 PM
no, producers were in the glovebox.....
the reason for all the s59's being, i had my dad, sister and mate on my ins, and tbh the cops round here are thick as pig ****. so id say i was my mate. the one cop who told me he was taking my car ot a reply of "take it and ill make sure your behind a desk for the rest of yer career. and ill sue the force" shut him up that did. as you can tel, i hate traffic coppers with a passion

L14MNP
04-11-10, 03:20 PM
the reason for all the s59's being, i had my dad, sister and mate on my ins, and tbh the cops round here are thick as pig ****. so id say i was my mate. the one cop who told me he was taking my car ot a reply of "take it and ill make sure your behind a desk for the rest of yer career. and ill sue the force" shut him up that did. as you can tel, i hate traffic coppers with a passion

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/images/gold-bars-10.jpg

Jack
04-11-10, 03:22 PM
Threads like these make me really, really want to be a traffic cop. lol

mowgli
04-11-10, 03:25 PM
you still have too many testicles to be one jack......

L14MNP
04-11-10, 03:25 PM
I used to give them lip on occasion.

"You're lucky I'm not in a traffic car or I'd have you for speeding"

"Come back when you have a traffic car then" etc

Far too many to recount. By and large I got on with them though. Show some courtesy and it's all good.

One of my finer pwnge moments complete with a crowd came when they brough their new 5 Series traffic car to one of our busy haunts back in the day and were answering questions etc. Some kid asked why no seatbelts and was told
"We're exempt from wearing them en route to an emergency son."

Not so wise younger me: "yeah, but you're not exempt from going through the windscreen!" Cue muchos laughter and a traffic cop asking which was my car. Luckliy i got a lift that night. lol

stupot89
04-11-10, 03:26 PM
ive got a section 59 for coming out of a junction at 2 am on a sat morning without slowing down (you can see up and down the road clearly) the wpc was sat in the pub car park across the road in a unmarked car also did me for no seat belt asell and they only stay with you for 12 months

L14MNP
04-11-10, 03:32 PM
I thought I was in for one about a year ago, on a wet industrial estate witht he Volvo, just showing my mate some action as he had recently moved back down this way from Glasgow. I had just about straightened up when I saw the unmistakable front end of an S60. He come flying up behind and then followed me, I didn't stop at the 'stop' sign (in the industrial estate still) so he pulled me for that. I explained truthfully that I assumed it was a give way junction having not seen the sign properly. He let me go but said witha knowing smile 'careful mate there's a lot of boyracers and the like get down here'.

I know for a fact he knew what I was doing, but some courtesy from me and understanding leeway from him saw me right. Well either that or he actually did believe I was checking the scrapyard fence as I was told there was an [insert model here] in there. I didn't even have to roll out the old classic about it being my first RWD car. lol

phazer
04-11-10, 04:05 PM
I once got followed on a Saturday night by a copper after he saw me approach a roundabout they were parked up by. Not in the Nova either, my old mk4 Astra.

He followed me through the housing estate where I did a consistent 29mph. The older of the two coppers jumped out and asked if it was my car, I said it was. During which time my wife had opened the house and switched off the alarm and was unloading the contents of the boot into the house.

Next question: Is this your house? I had to try really hard not to laugh myself silly.

I got accused of speeding on apprach to the roundabout to which I replied I was doing the posted limit. He didn't like that I knew what the limit was and proceeded to bollock me for about five minutes for the bizarre "offence" of driving below the posted limit in a built up area. lol

Quite where he was going with it I don't know. He took enough details that I knew I'd be on the local watch list for a few weeks though :(

flyin flea
04-11-10, 04:11 PM

In that case I wouldnt say your local plod are thick.... more completely incompetant. An s59 can apply to a vehicle OR driver.
eg.
Driver A gets an s59 in car A
If driver B gets an s59 in car A, then the vehicle is to be confiscated. (as vehicle involved twice)
If driver A gets an s59 in car B, then the vehicle is to be confiscated. (as driver involved twice)

The plod are to keep records of such things, and (should) flag up automatically that its the second one. Thus, your local plod are incompetant!

re the plod you threatened to put behind a desk, either had zero balls, or didnt know his legislation.

Hating ALL traffic plod is not neccesarily a good thing. Just like in every job.... there are some complete cnuts, there are some lazy useless wnakers, and there are some absolutely sound hard workers.

Last time I was caught speedin (95mph on M56) it was by a fully marked range rover. 'A fair cop' you might say.... the plods concerned were actually quite funny. Not rude, offensive, or condescending in any way. Annoyingly they made getting 3 points quite entertaining!!!

L14MNP
04-11-10, 04:15 PM
I once got followed on a Saturday night by a copper after he saw me approach a roundabout they were parked up by. Not in the Nova either, my old mk4 Astra.

He followed me through the housing estate where I did a consistent 29mph. The older of the two coppers jumped out and asked if it was my car, I said it was. During which time my wife had opened the house and switched off the alarm and was unloading the contents of the boot into the house.

Next question: Is this your house? I had to try really hard not to laugh myself silly.

I got accused of speeding on apprach to the roundabout to which I replied I was doing the posted limit. He didn't like that I knew what the limit was and proceeded to bollock me for about five minutes for the bizarre "offence" of driving below the posted limit in a built up area. lol

Quite where he was going with it I don't know. He took enough details that I knew I'd be on the local watch list for a few weeks though :(

LMAO. Its great to be correct isn't it. It's a shame that they cannot accept being wrong on occason though! I bet they left the blue strobes going too even though when parked up at home you were anything but an obstruction!

This seems to have the greatest effect late at night when they can annoy people up to half a dozen houses away.

Jack
04-11-10, 04:17 PM
I have had a similar escapade to phazer whilst dropping a mate off at his old house in one of the less desirable areas of town. Fuzz pull up alongside and ask first is it my car - yes - and had I been drinking - no - then stated they were just checking as "one of these is known to us". Orly? At the time the only other ST205 in the area was in a garage, sans engine. As it had been for a few years. I was wise enough to just say "oh, right" and leave it at that though lol

Last time I was caught speedin (95mph on M56) it was by a fully marked range rover. 'A fair cop' you might say.... the plods concerned were actually quite funny. Not rude, offensive, or condescending in any way. Annoyingly they made getting 3 points quite entertaining!!!
Same. I got nobbled for a similar speed on the M5 and both traffic cops were sound.

Sloth
04-11-10, 04:18 PM
one of my best mates dad is a superintendant with humberside feds. i was chatting to him about traffic his reply:

"them tossers? everyone hates em, they get shunned everywhere by normal cops. they even get ignored in the tearoom. hell, even i hate em."
made me lol....

utter scum imho.

mowgli
04-11-10, 04:21 PM
my mate, the copper, does get put on traffic.... one day he pulled one of those highways agency tossers for playing at being a cop..... the only time i have ever agreed with a traffic cop.

flyin flea
04-11-10, 04:21 PM
not surprisin.... Scumberside Constabulary are as legit as a triangular £9 note!

Seriously.... the dubious way the safety camera pratnership push things through court with zero evidence is.... nothing short of criminal! So, no wonder he hates em!

L14MNP
04-11-10, 04:22 PM
one of my best mates dad is a superintendant with humberside feds. i was chatting to him about traffic his reply:

"them tossers? everyone hates em, they get shunned everywhere by normal cops. they even get ignored in the tearoom. hell, even i hate em."
made me lol....

utter scum imho.

lol......

Jack, how do you know he wasn't referring to one of your cars occupants being known to them? lol

Jack
04-11-10, 04:25 PM
Jack, how do you know he wasn't referring to one of your cars occupants being known to them? lol
Because only I was in the car at that point, and he nodded at the car :p

Sloth
04-11-10, 04:25 PM
not surprisin.... Scumberside Constabulary are as legit as a triangular £9 note!

Seriously.... the dubious way the safety camera pratnership push things through court with zero evidence is.... nothing short of criminal! So, no wonder he hates em!

like the fact they wont provide photo evidence of you if you aer caught by a speed camera even though the law says you can ask for it. utterly despicable oiks. my mate got tugged every day for 10 days for "roadside checks" it only stopped when he told em he wanted the cops badge number as he was going to press harrasment charges. it turned out the red corsa they wanted was actually in their impound yard.

L14MNP
04-11-10, 04:26 PM
Because only I was in the car at that point, and he nodded at the car :p

:(

I like the way you don't add that there is no reason for you to be known to Avon and Somersets finest though. >shockedface

maddogdaz666
04-11-10, 04:31 PM
ive had too many run ins when i was a young lil sh*t. i once got pulled and the usual questions came out
"is this ur car" yes
"have u been drinking" yes i have.
"can you get in my car and blow into this machine" etc etc.
so i blew into the breatherliser and blew nil, a green light, the police man looked at me looking confused, "i thought u said u had been drinking, what have u had?"
Coke officer! hahahahaha!! he was not amused and proceeded to try and bollock me for wasting police time.
When he had finished i asked him for his name and badge number as i was doing them for harrasment as i was getting pulled every day without fail.(even got 3 producers in one flippin day!!)
To which he told me to go on my way, lol lol

maddogdaz666
04-11-10, 04:33 PM
Rob im still waiting to hear from when i was speeding to yours, nothing yet! nearly 3 months now

flyin flea
04-11-10, 04:34 PM
like the fact they wont provide photo evidence of you if you aer caught by a speed camera even though the law says you can ask for it.
Because you'd find a plethora of descrepancies and punch holes right through the persecution! ....most of em are useless/careless. Just like there's people in offices that cant be arsed to do a job properly.... there are people in scamera vans just the same. Except they work for Her Maj supposedly upholding the law!

mowgli
04-11-10, 04:35 PM
i had a superintendant grovel on the phone to me because 2 female officers had tried to be clever with me one night.....i simply let them muck me about & memorised their badge numbers, then went home & rang the local station..

the grovelling call was to ensure i didn't take it to police complaints...

flyin flea
04-11-10, 04:36 PM
Rob im still waiting to hear from when i was speeding to yours, nothing yet! nearly 3 months now
if its a camera, 14 days to issue you a NIP. 14 DAYS... NOT working days.

Jack
04-11-10, 04:40 PM
like the fact they wont provide photo evidence of you if you aer caught by a speed camera even though the law says you can ask for it.
You can ask for it, yes, but they're not entitled to show you unless you go ahead with a court hearing and the picture then becomes evidence - so they then have a legal duty to disclose any relevant evidence at least 7 days prior to trial date. And to be seen in court, you more or less have to plead not guilty... so if you're wrong, you're buggered. lol

Hayley
04-11-10, 04:44 PM
Personally I think the only sorts of people that get really annoyed with the Police are the types of people that are going to come to their attention all the time for being idiots.
Dont speed past cameras and you wont need to rant about inconsistencies on producing photos or not
Dont drive like a dick and you wont need to keep speaking to "cnut officers"
Dont drive a car knowing that something might be wrong with it and could get you in trouble if the Police spotted you.
Im probably biased but I know the sorts of scrots that all police officers have to deal with and probably especially traffic officers. There are some out there that prob lurve their job waaay to much and take to much pleasure in winding people up but you cant lump them all in together. There are so lovely officers out there and if you are polite to them, then they will be polite to you.
end of rant. soz

flyin flea
04-11-10, 04:52 PM
Dont speed past cameras and you wont need to rant about inconsistencies on producing photos or not
If they're going to prosecute people for breaking a law, then their evidence MUST be 100% correct. Otherwise it is an unsafe conviction. You will punnish someone for a crime they may well have not committed. Some safety camera partnerships are bent.... nothing but.... only after the ££s whether they admit it or not. There is a whole bible of things they should do.... not many of them abide by it.

Riiiiight, so when Im driving a perfect 30mph on my way home from work at 1:30am and get pulled for "driving too fast".... how am I driving like a dick?
Some officers are cnuts, some are not. You never know which you've got until they open their mouth.

Yes, in dealing with scrotes and plain idiots most of the time you can get in a rut, and think everyone you stop is a theif/scrote/mugger/idiot. But thats a sihte way to approach a job where you're dealing with people all the time. In fact, its plain lazy!

maddogdaz666
if its a camera, 14 days to issue you a NIP. 14 DAYS... NOT working days.

no traffic cop hiding on a slip road, with no speed camera signs for at least 1.2 miles, ive checked.

Mike
Ive had umpteen run ins with traffic officers, normal officers, Birminghams armed response, traffic wardens blah blah blah. Brush it off & live with it TBH.

flyin flea
04-11-10, 04:55 PM
no traffic cop hiding on a slip road, with no speed camera signs for at least 1.2 miles, ive checked.
There is no requirement for speed camera signs for traffic cop to sit watchin for people speedin. A traffic cop can sit anywhere watchin for any traffic offence.

mowgli
04-11-10, 04:57 PM
i will just say that if the police were actually paid on results & also had to do proper customer service, like the rest of us in the private sector have to do on a daily basis, they would be a lot better at their job.... but the trouble with the police force is that not being very good at your job is not something they sack people for, unless there is a tragedy & they need a scapegoat...

maddogdaz666
04-11-10, 05:00 PM
There is no requirement for speed camera signs for traffic cop to sit watchin for people speedin. A traffic cop can sit anywhere watchin for any traffic offence.

even hiding on a slip road? not fully on the hard shoulder as it wasnt wide enough for the car, (im not 100% on this i need to go check again.) im just after as much evidence ass possible as i need my licence for work. any help is much appriciated, cheers.

flyin flea
04-11-10, 05:00 PM
Whoooooaaaa.... paid on results is a bad thing here.
Think 'easiest target' here. Drunk people, drivers, domestics..... suddenly cells would be full of these people for tiny offenses. Great result stats though = great pay packet.

Meanwhile the fukw1ts that keep bootin holes in me mums fence and smashin cars up are still on the loose.... coz they're a bit tricky to catch, whilst theres all these easy crimes to solve.

flyin flea
04-11-10, 05:04 PM
maddog..... definately not. Traffic cops have always been allowed to sit anywhere... so long as they're not interfering or endangering the flow of traffic.

Speed camera signs were only introduced with speed cameras in the 1990s.... and only to inform you of the possibility of a speed camera ahead.

Lockerbie entry slip to M74 is a favourite for traffic section to loiter. Its on a long straight through no-where.

mowgli
04-11-10, 05:08 PM
so its ok for them to drive up the motorway at 50mph so they close a lane off in effect, and cause a traffic holdup that can last for an hour??? ever wondered why motorway traffic suddenly stops for no particular reason?

phazer
04-11-10, 05:08 PM
Personally I think the only sorts of people that get really annoyed with the Police are the types of people that are going to come to their attention all the time for being idiots.
Dont drive a car knowing that something might be wrong with it and could get you in trouble if the Police spotted you.
Im probably biased but I know the sorts of scrots that all police officers have to deal with and probably especially traffic officers. There are some out there that prob lurve their job waaay to much and take to much pleasure in winding people up but you cant lump them all in together. There are so lovely officers out there and if you are polite to them, then they will be polite to you.
end of rant. soz

lol I suppose I should add that I've generally had a good experience with local/traffic. I'm not an idiot/scrote/illegal driver so don't generally attract attention, however the story I posted was most amusing at the time and I still find it funny - though only because I knew I was doing nothing wrong.

flyin flea
04-11-10, 05:15 PM
so its ok for them to drive up the motorway at 50mph so they close a lane off in effect, and cause a traffic holdup that can last for an hour??? ever wondered why motorway traffic suddenly stops for no particular reason?
Yes. 40mph is the minimum speed limit on UK motorways.

Traffic stopping for 'no reason' is known as a 'phantom jam'. They occur for many reasons.... most commonly driver stupidity coupled with utterly pointless panic braking.

Hayley
04-11-10, 05:15 PM
Im not disputing the fact that there are *some* ****ty officers out there but I dont agree with lumping them all together and saying "all traffic cops are cnuts"

and I think that if people got the chance to look behind the scenes at how jobs are called in, allocated and dealt with, they would be a lot more understanding on the pressures that officers are put under and how its all the "customer comes first" even if the customer are knowingly screwing the system. well it is Dorset anyway.
An annoying officer may pull you over when you think you havnt done anything wrong but that same officer might be the 1st on scene when your house gets broken into, your involved in an rtc or someone assaults you on a night out. You might see them as a bit more helpful then.
But then I work with them so my opinion probably doesnt count. lol

Hayley
04-11-10, 05:19 PM
Traffic stopping for 'no reason' is known as a 'phantom jam'. They occur for many reasons.... most commonly driver stupidity coupled with utterly pointless panic braking.

sad to say but I saw some documentary about this. and it was really interesting. how one person braking a bit too harshly can cause massive tailbacks miles back along the motorway. Its always annoying when your stuck in loads of traffic and you have nothing to oggle at when you get to the end. lol

flyin flea
04-11-10, 05:20 PM
same officer might be the 1st on scene when your house gets broken into
....usually about two to three days after the event.. in which case they'd send SOCO.

They wouldnt approach a burgled house owner with a condescending manner, so why approach motorists with such contempt?

flyin flea
04-11-10, 05:21 PM
.....and you have nothing to oggle at when you get to the end. WHich also adds to the phantom jam and infuriates me no end. Should be a penalty for rubber neckers!:mad:

mowgli
04-11-10, 05:24 PM
i have had very few good dealings with them over the past 10 years...

1. wifes aunt from florida lost our phone number & needed to ring deb over a family matter.. she came up with a brilliant idea.. ring hinckley police station & ask them if an officer could, when passing pop by & ask her to ring, but it wasn't urgent.... so 4am blues & twos screech to a halt, try to put the door in banging it so hard that plaster fell off.... to tell her to ring her aunt in florida, so she rings florida in a panic to find out the truth...... oh i bet they laughed like hell over that one.....
2. my legendary windscreen theft.. i found it in another nova within 150yds of my house and 9 weeks later they tried to interview the owner of said car.....then came back to me telling me there was no evidence...
3. been on a demolition site when armed officers surround the place cos some idiot reported repeat machine gun fire, for several hours, to have a gun pointed at you when you are working a JACKHAMMER is unnerving to say the least.
4. had numerous occasions where i've called them including when i was repairing a manhole & was surrounded by 15 youths who had vandalised it earlier after i'd repaired their handiwork before, and they couldn't be bothered to drive all of 200yds

Ben
04-11-10, 05:27 PM
With regards to safety camera partnerships i have argued six offences and never been prosecuted yet, As said they have to be 100% correct or it will not stand up, have been to court for two and they have been thrown out.

Jack
04-11-10, 06:35 PM
Im not disputing the fact that there are *some* ****ty officers out there but I dont agree with lumping them all together and saying "all traffic cops are cnuts"
Six of one, half a dozen of the other - most people stereotype the traffic rozzer as a egotistical power tripping cnut, and they probably stereotype most young kids in cars/nova drivers as chavs lol

Did they pull you over? If not the 14 day thing for the NIP still applies.

Funnily enough, I've just seen a spot on the news how they're intending to get rid of older coppers as they're more expensive (due to redundancy and pension costs etc) and replace them with younger ones. Now I don't know about anyone else, but whenever I've met a policeman who's a bit of a dick, its 99% of the time a young lad who hasn't really learned the ropes and is on a power trip. Its always the older ones who've been on the beat and know the score who seem to have all the people skills.

Spudly
04-11-10, 06:44 PM
Funnily enough, I've just seen a spot on the news how they're intending to get rid of older coppers as they're more expensive (due to redundancy and pension costs etc) and replace them with younger ones. Now I don't know about anyone else, but whenever I've met a policeman who's a bit of a dick, its 99% of the time a young lad who hasn't really learned the ropes and is on a power trip. Its always the older ones who've been on the beat and know the score who seem to have all the people skills.

Nail, Head, BANG!!

Ive had more than my fare share of run ins with the feds and ive had one solitary section 59, which i refused to sign and 'returned to him' once he had filled it in and presented it to me lol

FLOL @ Bad bwoy sloff, never heard so much crap in my life, 23 section 59s i dont think so lad, the coppers round here adore impounding young numpties cars from them, so you wouldve lost your car twentythree times over methinks!

Not all coppers are nobs, they usually wait to see (in my experience) what kind of a tit theyre dealing with and adjust their manner/attitude to suit, you get out all polite and helpful and theyre nine out of ten times spot on with you, get out all full of attitude and you will get it right back at you, its not rocket science is it peeps, and yes ive met some really nasty cnuts before now and even had a slanging match with one copper in my face about an inch from me, i didnt back down and also informed him if he continued to swear at me i would report him for a section five public order offence (mcgowan will back me up on that one lol) then said to him look lets just dump the attitude and start again, i dont wanna be shouted at and neither do you, he backed down, we started again and parted amicably, its all down to how you are with them 99% of the time, remember theyre not all, always nobs but if you treat them thinking they are, then you will always get treat like a nob!

Ben
04-11-10, 06:47 PM
TBH i have a very low opinion of police (just way i was brought up) but they are there to do a job and it needs to be done, I was also always taught if you have a run in with them even for minor driving offence be polite and friendly, never cheeky or rude and they will appreciate it.

And its true, i always manage to get a lesser punishment for an offence than a friend who has been chopsy has.

Spudly
04-11-10, 06:53 PM
TBH i have a very low opinion of police (just way i was brought up) but they are there to do a job and it needs to be done, I was also always taught if you have a run in with them even for minor driving offence be polite and friendly, never cheeky or rude and they will appreciate it.

And its true, i always manage to get a lesser punishment for an offence than a friend who has been chopsy has.

Exactly, my opinion of the police went down after i started driving as they do seem to bully young or indeed any drivers more than anyone else, but that aside they do have to deal with some really horrific stuff, RTC's and abusive drunks and abusive drivers, so its not to wonder why some of them become snotty towards you really!

maddogdaz666
04-11-10, 07:41 PM
Six of one, half a dozen of the other - most people stereotype the traffic rozzer as a egotistical power tripping cnut, and they probably stereotype most young kids in cars/nova drivers as chavs lol

Did they pull you over? If not the 14 day thing for the NIP still applies.

yeah they pulled me, from what i know ive got up to 6 months till they can summons me to court. After that i can forget about it.

Alex J
04-11-10, 07:44 PM

out of the blue came the police cars deep into the industrial estate.. took my friends 318 and issued section 59 to all the s14a's.. clearly been grassed on due to it not bein just 1 police car.. :thumb:guttedlol

Andy
04-11-10, 07:58 PM
Police are only cunnts if your a cunnt.
Had many,many dealings with them in my teens for driving offences.They were all sound with me because i treat them with respect,even when id been a total tool,i just apologised.You act like a scumbag,shouting,swearing and the like and you will be asked to assume the position.Its quite simple really.And the younger ones are on a power trip yeah,but dont give them anything to have a go about and they wont have a go.Theres a time and a place for dikking around.........

Andy
04-11-10, 08:03 PM
And @23 section 59's Rob-i suggest you buy a new alarm clock mate...........

svlet
04-11-10, 08:22 PM
the police are as some one all ready said scum bags when a friend on mine was lerning we used to bet how many times he would get stoped in a night record was 7 for nothing he got stoped everyday with out fail for nothing they hated him for having nice cars with l plates

flyin flea
04-11-10, 08:38 PM
<ol man voice>
"when I was a lad"......in the early to mid 1990s drivin a nova was aparently a crime. Reasons for being pulled over were usually along the lines of:
-most Novas are stolen
-most Novas are carrying stolen goods
-most people in Novas are criminals
-you over took us (this is in a delimited 60 zone)

Then by the late 90's.... I was earning well and bought me a new Audi A3 T-Sport. I still looked quite youthful.... so got pulled over lots.... for owning a flash car and livin in a pikey area!! They just didnt bother with excuses!!!

Stuart
04-11-10, 08:56 PM
Put it this way...

If the police didnt pull people over (for spurious excuses or not) then on paper 'there would be no need for traffic/real police people' meaning more electronic devices to monitor your speed etc.....

I'd sooner have some trigger happy cops than a whole country of gatsos/specs etc

Connor
04-11-10, 09:16 PM
I have a section 59 and i am embarrassed to say that

Bubba
04-11-10, 09:31 PM
I have a section 59 and i am embarrassed to say that

my old mr2 had one on it...

Bubba
04-11-10, 09:36 PM
ive had 23 s59's for everything from bulb out to too loud exhaust. we used to collect em and whack em on the dash when parked up late at night, like a badge of honour.
WOW i bet your cock drags along the ground lollol

Stuart
04-11-10, 09:38 PM
WOW i bet your cock drags along the ground lollol

yeah, hes got no legs..

Bubba
04-11-10, 09:48 PM
poor guy :(

Sloth
04-11-10, 10:03 PM
not really. spud it was long before i knew you, and like ive said before, i did end up learning the hard way. but, when youve come out of court, and are stood with your family, and 2 traffic pigs walk up and tell you that the minute your back behind the wheel they will not let you drive anywhere without being pulled, it taints your view of these arseholes. i have got my licence back, but it came as no suprise that when i was put on tanias ins for the celica, a week later a t5 was sat at the top of my street watching, and i got tugged twice for 2 roadside checks in a week, tells you cops are bent.

mowgli
04-11-10, 10:07 PM
its called a reputation... steal one car, get branded a car thief....shag one sheep etc.....takes 20 years to get a good one & 20 seconds to get a bad one.

88ESR
04-11-10, 10:08 PM
<ol man voice>
"when I was a lad"......in the early to mid 1990s drivin a nova was aparently a crime. Reasons for being pulled over were usually along the lines of:
-most Novas are stolen
-most Novas are carrying stolen goods
-most people in Novas are criminals
-you over took us (this is in a delimited 60 zone)

Then by the late 90's.... I was earning well and bought me a new Audi A3 T-Sport. I still looked quite youthful.... so got pulled over lots.... for owning a flash car and livin in a pikey area!! They just didnt bother with excuses!!!

I never got stopped once in either of my Novas in the 90s..

I did get stopped and followed a fair bit in the XR2 though..

At that time most XR2s WERE stolen lol

John
04-11-10, 10:09 PM
i also never got stopped way back when either :)

Sloth
04-11-10, 10:10 PM
mow, i lost my licence in 2007, long time for a grudge....

Spudly
04-11-10, 10:11 PM
not really. spud it was long before i knew you, and like ive said before, i did end up learning the hard way. but, when youve come out of court, and are stood with your family, and 2 traffic pigs walk up and tell you that the minute your back behind the wheel they will not let you drive anywhere without being pulled, it taints your view of these arseholes. i have got my licence back, but it came as no suprise that when i was put on tanias ins for the celica, a week later a t5 was sat at the top of my street watching, and i got tugged twice for 2 roadside checks in a week, tells you cops are bent.

Cant have been very long before i knew you and tbh if you have been that much of a cnut to warrant that much fed attention and a court appearance, then you only have yourself to blame!

Ive done a hell of a lot of stuff im certainly not going to post on here and have either managed to talk my way out of it when caught, or managed to do it places where im not going to get caught:p

Sloth
04-11-10, 10:13 PM
meh, ive learnt from it, and moved on.

mowgli
04-11-10, 10:17 PM
i rarely got stopped in novas....... maybe i've been lucky..

i've had points

my nephew has a terrible reputation for his driving. because his landrover got a bounce on on a straight road @55mph & flipped. his 3 mates & him were carted off in an ambulance.. he has no points, and a witness backs up his story, yet people round our area think he is a maniac......one gossip monger had it on good authority that he was doing 100mph on the wrong side of a roundabout!!!! in a sodding defender!!!! this happened over a year ago, and still his reputation gets worse. he is actually a very good driver..

88ESR
04-11-10, 10:22 PM
We were watched because we were all mechanics and back then (around here anyway) mechanics had a reputation for wrecklessness (sometimes warranted)..

Anyway, a mate of mine got stopped in his Mk2 Astra (early 90s), made his gob go just that bit too much and felt the full wrath of Northumbria traffic for the next 6 months..

Think he was pulled twenty times+

Lesson learned, he moved on too...

Connor
04-11-10, 10:30 PM
i rarely got stopped in novas....... maybe i've been lucky..

I have been pulled once technically, and that was when i got a section 59,
tbf i was going more than 30 in an industrial estate (about 40-45 tops)
Police pull me over to tell me to slow down and to turn my subs off and were about to let me head off, but at this point i quite smugly pointed out that i had no headunit and had no interior in the back at all except a nova boot i picked up early so was impossible for me to have my subs on lol. He went bright red pulled out his little notepad and gave me a section 59, i do look back and just wished i just smile and nodded but hey hoy, learn from your mistakes

stupot89
04-11-10, 10:33 PM
Police are only cunnts if your a cunnt.
Had many,many dealings with them in my teens for driving offences.They were all sound with me because i treat them with respect,even when id been a total tool,i just apologised.You act like a scumbag,shouting,swearing and the like and you will be asked to assume the position.Its quite simple really.And the younger ones are on a power trip yeah,but dont give them anything to have a go about and they wont have a go.Theres a time and a place for dikking around.........

i totaly agree with you there andy i was caught speeding in my old focus copper was sat under the bridge with the gun pointing up the road as i came round the bend he got me 64 in a 40. he asked me how fast i was going i said 60ish could have lost my licence (was still on 2 years probation) but because i was straight up he was right with me

flyin flea
04-11-10, 11:16 PM
when youve come out of court, and are stood with your family, and 2 traffic pigs walk up and tell you that the minute your back behind the wheel they will not let you drive anywhere without being pulled,
And I would have informed them "I have two witnesses of their intent to harras, of which I will inform IPCC, btw, can I have your collar number?"

i got tugged twice for 2 roadside checks in a week, tells you cops are bent.
I tells me they have a small brain! Small things amusing small minds et al.

When I had an Audi S3 I used to have plates which looked illegal. (Those cut out plates, where the edge follows the profile of the numbers). Thing is, they were 100% legal. So much so I printed off and carried a 43 page copy of the number plate legislation from HMSO. I was stopped at least every month or so for four years.... every time I gave them the documentation and asked them to show me the law I was breaking, if I was, I would be happy to change my plates. The odd one reported me to CPS, but as there was no crime committed, I was never summonsed.

Anyhow, the point is, I never got annoyed or pi55ed off. I was open and mild mannered through the 'inspection'. Id got all the time in the world. The only time wasted was theirs.

Ben
05-11-10, 01:14 AM
I have taken a couple of police id badges off them in the past lol

Working on the doors of bars and clubs etc off duty plod are usually biggest trouble makers, the minute they flash a warrant card we would snatch it off them and then pop in the local station on the way home to drop it off informing the duty sergent that they had tried to use there influence whilst under the influence, they do not like getting done for that!

maddogdaz666
10-11-10, 12:35 AM
I have taken a couple of police id badges off them in the past lol

Working on the doors of bars and clubs etc off duty plod are usually biggest trouble makers, the minute they flash a warrant card we would snatch it off them and then pop in the local station on the way home to drop it off informing the duty sergent that they had tried to use there influence whilst under the influence, they do not like getting done for that!

haha love it! + rep!