PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 8v stange blarp noise at high revs

MIK
03-11-10, 12:16 AM
hi there, i have a 1.6 8v on twin 40s and shes been runnin great ever since i rebuilt it however recently its started making a weird blarping noise like the carbs are chewing on something, and a loss of power but will rev through it, sounds like bad fuelling but ive had the carbs in bits and cleaned thoroughly, ive run it without the regulator, ive swapped the fuel pump, and the whole of the ignition system is brand new apart from the distributor. neither me or anyone at work can tell what is, and i was hoping that maybe just maybe someone might have experienced this on here and could maybe shed some light. any help is apreciated, thanks. Mike

comptoncj
03-11-10, 07:39 AM
Are the hydraulic lifters ok? my 1300 made all sorts of funny noises at about 5000 rpm due to a dodgey lifter.

MIK
10-11-10, 05:59 PM
interesting, thats what i was thinking it could be, because i didnt change them during the rebuild and i was sold the engine with no mileage, plus i have been told there is a chance just slightly over revving them past their capabilities is quite easy. thanks
Are the hydraulic lifters ok? my 1300 made all sorts of funny noises at about 5000 rpm due to a dodgey lifter.

tommy8252
10-11-10, 06:52 PM
my old twin 40s had a habit of chewing up venturi clips