PDA

View Full Version : I Love Liverpool Victoria....

red_devil
28-05-03, 09:44 AM
LV have just payed me ?54 to modify my car...and turn my TPFT policy to Full Comp....

I pay ?100 if it gets nicked
But ?450 if i crash it...

It has
alloys
bodykit
exhaust mods

All Delared.... how wicked is that.... and i still have over 6 months left on the policy so next year should cost me less than ?800 fully comp with all the plans declared... they just said to keep all reciepts and photo's of the car... wicked... yippppeee (as u can tell i only just got off the phone with them)

Will
28-05-03, 11:10 AM
good effort, you got money back i see

wot car were u driving for the 1st part of your policy?

mikeoxford
28-05-03, 12:18 PM
i hate to say i told you so!

those were exaclty my words to you on msn though! :D

im through them, exactly the same as you

they worked out cheaper fully comp than any one could insure me third party

ade
28-05-03, 12:21 PM
the irony is that people who increas their voluntary excess are doing it for no reason. You bump it up from say ?100 to ?450 to try and save on your premium each year hardly makes any difference.

Example (and this depends on car, mods, age etc etc) if yu have a premium of say ?800 and you say you are prepared tro pay ?450 you may find the premiium only drops by about ?100.

So if someone bumps you you've still got to find ?450 - you only saving ?100 - but effectively your actually losing ?350..

:?

Its mental but people are actually prepared to pay up to ?300 more on their voluntary excess just to save about ?100 a year in the hope that some arse doesnt go slamming into them!

:?:

God I've become an insurance bore (sorry)

red_devil
28-05-03, 12:28 PM
thats a load of crap... if someone drives into you... then u don't pay excess its only if the accident is your fault... so if you drive properly and not like a stupid tw@ then you should be fine....

Mine would have been alot more than ?100 its was more like ?250

Ste_Nova
28-05-03, 12:40 PM
i've got a ?300 xs.... fine with my car is only worth ?75 :lol:

wisewood
28-05-03, 12:55 PM
thats a load of crap... if someone drives into you... then u don't pay excess its only if the accident is your fault... so if you drive properly and not like a stupid tw@ then you should be fine....

You dont have to drive like a twat to have an accident mate. Not at all.
Most people will have an accident at some point... like me... less than 5mph i nudged the back of a reliant robin. Did 1350 quids worth of damage and they didnt write it off either.
I wasnt driving like a twat, just lost concentration for a second at a junction and continued to creep forwards and he stopped.

So you see... you dont have to be doing 110 in a 30 zone to lose your no claims.

?Marty?
28-05-03, 03:04 PM
It depends on whose fault the accident was. If it's another persons, then you claim of them (and their insurance, in effect) and your excess makes no difference.

You have to claim/have a claim made against your policy for an accident to pay it.

Edited to add: i haven't even told my insurance company about ANY mods, so it would appear that i'd be in the shit when it comes to an accident. However, it's with the same company as last year, and the policy was continued (automatically), rather than renewed/a new one taken out. It was insured as modified and all mods declared, but they've taken all the details for the second year.

Whether i have to disclose them again or whether can reasonably be lead to believe that the policy would continue with the EXACT same details as at the start UNLESS i inform them otherwise, is now a moot point.

It's their fuck up, and it'll cost them, not me, if something happens. Jesus do they ever learn! I already got 3 months free cover off them for a similar fuck up before (same company).

Ben (lurk75)
28-05-03, 06:41 PM
wankers wont insure me!

very cheap for my girlfriend though!

Tazzy
28-05-03, 10:26 PM
when i foned them, they asked how i heard about them, i said that a mate has a policy with them and he told me about them (Mike, lol)

anyway, i said for quotes on a few cars, but in particuler, a 1.3 SR, ?690 with thatcham approved clifford securitry, all mods including bodykit but no alloys, being garaged, and would of give me 1 yrs ncb free if i had the pass plus, but as i havent got round to doing it yet, ive missed out on that 60 option form the day they issued the offer!

oh well, still good though! i reckon ill go with them!

thanks Mike, i owe ya!

Fergie_sfc
01-06-03, 05:19 PM
does anyone know the number for liverpool victoria to get a quote? really wanna stick a phat bodykit on my car but knowhere will insurance me with body mods!!!!
please post it on asap. cheers.
let the mods begin (although i've already started!!! shhhhhh)
fergie.

Will
01-06-03, 05:25 PM
read the guides

Dave_Hay
01-06-03, 06:48 PM
i phoned em yesterday to declare my mods too

suspension, induction kit,bodykit, alloy wheels and exhaust

extra ?11 a year! must be one of the old policys i got that just adds on some money for any mods!

didnt even need to tell em exactly what mods though or send a letter....

but i am getting letter to say cars modded.

mikeoxford
01-06-03, 07:31 PM
does anyone know the number for liverpool victoria to get a quote? really wanna stick a phat bodykit on my car but knowhere will insurance me with body mods!!!!
please post it on asap. cheers.
let the mods begin (although i've already started!!! shhhhhh)
fergie.

0800 514 514

mikeoxford
01-06-03, 07:31 PM
how long have LPOL VIC been doing pass plus?

as i thought they didnt recognise it so i didnt mention it :(

frog_southampton
02-06-03, 10:41 AM
liverpool victoria on quick quote on site wouldnt insure me for my GTE
18 wiv out any NCB

frillip
03-06-03, 12:55 AM
arseholes wudnt insure me 3rd party on a w reg corsa!!! and sed pass pluss didnt affect it

so dunno wats gon on there then

Fester
03-06-03, 01:09 AM
you wont get insured on any car over group 10 until youre 21 company policy

RobHardyUK
03-06-03, 11:59 PM
under ur own name maybe, but i have had quotes for CTRs and 172s under my old man. no probs. aint tried under my name tho i must admit. FUK THAT.

Ben (lurk75)
04-06-03, 09:04 AM
or wont insure anyone under 25 on a car in a group over 15

RobHardyUK
04-06-03, 12:09 PM
that must be udner own name then, cos the 172 is group 17. ?1500 - ?1600 quid.

linzTDI
04-06-03, 12:11 PM
i think there crap as i had the most dearest quote from them ?2500 or summit stupid like that

Ste_Nova
04-06-03, 12:13 PM
thats cause ur a girl....

linzTDI
04-06-03, 12:14 PM
:evil:

?Marty?
04-06-03, 12:18 PM
Tis true.

linzTDI
04-06-03, 12:20 PM
cheapest was off diamond for ?1700
Persuaded Daddy to get insured for it tho and put me as main driver still going to be alot to fork out in one go like but at least it will only be ?700 or summit

Ste_Nova
04-06-03, 12:30 PM
just looked at ur feature for the first time linz.... you need to replace/paint the red bit in the steering wheel center... vauxhall regatta blue is the correct colour

linzTDI
04-06-03, 12:37 PM
:?:
I think i know what you mean i never realised tho

ooo how picky are you lol :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
04-06-03, 04:50 PM
they wanted ?750 for my girlfrineds GTE and she has got no NCB and hasnt even passed her test yet, she was 20 at the time.