PDA

View Full Version : NOVA 2.0 16V

so1o
28-05-03, 02:29 AM
I've just been offered something to good to miss out on, so i need idea's and some help later on.

Basically a mate of mine who does body work mods and spraying and stuff, has offered me a nova, modded to however i want, vents etc etc, and any colour of my choice for a very very reasonable price. At the moment its a standard 1.6 GTE, but ive got a 2.0 16v lump sitting in my garage destined for this car. he's in no rush to get rid and im in no rush to take it yet as i still have to sell my car.

Anyway i need idea's where to put vents, best place etc for the engine, engine is from a cavalier gsi, red top. i know all about the mounts and stuff, welding engine bay, i need to know best place to get the plates that need to be welded in to the engine bay to make it stronger etc. what other things should i do that will make life easier once's its all done any problems you 2.0 16v owners have come across now, i wanna do it the best way possible to avoid head ache in the future as i rely on my car a hell of a lot.

Im gonna keep the bodykit simple, gsi kit smoothed and dehandled etc.

Let me know of anything that i should do or avoid when getting the engine put in.

Any idea's are welcome.

Thanks

Dave
28-05-03, 09:56 AM
vents can be put almost anywhere bonnet/wings/roof also consider louvres have a look on www.coollouvres.com as they have pics of vents an also louvred wings/bonnets etc.
as for the 2.0 dont know havent done one......yet :twisted:

Jim
28-05-03, 11:56 AM
Have a look through the feature cars for ideas on where to place vents and what sort of vent/s to get.

Jim

mikeoxford
28-05-03, 12:07 PM
id say some neat louvre on the drivers wing, some louvres on the bonnet and either mk2 or mk2 astra gte/gsi vents on the bonnet, and no scoop - keep it simple and subtle.

wing vent is very trick

so1o
28-05-03, 03:41 PM
Does anyone know what im talking about, the vents on the golf g60 wings?

I reckon these will look pretty neat.

Im thinking bonnet scoop, red top engine in my current cav gsi dont perform to well when hot, also those golf g60 type wing vents and maybe astra gsi type vents on bonnet, what ya think?

As for colour of the car im thinking, subaru impreza blue colour, black or a greeny gold.

Any other idea's?

Jules
30-05-03, 02:51 AM
G60 Golf's didn't come with vented wings from the factory, I expect you've seen a modified one that has gone a vented wing on it, you can buy these wings for Golfs as a direct replacement for a standard wing.
I know the vents you mean though, basically it's the same design as on the VW 'transit' type van (Of which the name escapes me at the moment).
'Yes' it'll look good and 'no' you won't be the first to of done it, you could even vent the wing, move the air filter through the inner wing so that it sits the other side of the vent, functional and cosmetic - double whammy!!!

Ste_Nova
30-05-03, 09:41 AM
transporter