PDA

View Full Version : Sparco Harnesses

xe_nova9
01-11-10, 08:48 PM
I have some 3 point Sparco harnesses, where they attach to the rear of the car, there is no 'eyelet' to bolt them to where the standard belt would have bolted in.

It looks like they are only supposed to be used with a rear strut brace.

Has anyone got any ideas how to bolt them down or is there some sort of 'eyelet' that can be bought and hooked round the belt to bolt into the original seat belt thread?

Thanks

:thumb:

taffnova
01-11-10, 09:21 PM
are you after what on the side so your missing the hooks or you want the eylets to screw in car

xe_nova9
01-11-10, 09:38 PM
I dont know what Im after lol

There is no eyelet or anything on the belt to attatch it where the rear belt would normally be bolted in.

There is just a loop in the harness for it to wrap round a strut brace. I want to know whether I can use it without a strut brace.

:thumb:

Bubba
01-11-10, 09:48 PM
i know what you mean. the back pieces need to go around a bar, as there is no metal plate thing on the end of the harness.

i dont see the harm in just using a strutbrace

Jack
02-11-10, 07:38 AM
i dont see the harm in just using a strutbrace
...so long as its a proper welded in one, and even then I'd be a bit dubious.

Don't even think about it if its just a cheapo bolt-to-strut-top bar. The last thing you want in an accident is to have a strut brace twanged into the back of your swede lol

xe_nova9
02-11-10, 05:05 PM
Yeah exactly Jack, then if I did want to remove them I would have to cut the brace from the car or damage the harnesses.

Someone must have had this problem before :confused:

MK999
02-11-10, 05:46 PM
Yeah exactly Jack, then if I did want to remove them I would have to cut the brace from the car or damage the harnesses.

Someone must have had this problem before :confused:

Yes, and yes lol

taffnova
02-11-10, 07:32 PM
you should be able t undo them then put on hooks then get eyelets to screw in i got hooks and eylets spare from my harneses if want them i ended up wraping mine round roll cage there if want them justpm me your adresses and post them through

Bubba
02-11-10, 09:30 PM
...so long as its a proper welded in one, and even then I'd be a bit dubious.

Don't even think about it if its just a cheapo bolt-to-strut-top bar. The last thing you want in an accident is to have a strut brace twanged into the back of your swede lol

full cage do the trick?