PDA

View Full Version : Remove Sound Deadening

Liam
01-11-10, 08:36 PM
Hi, I was wondering if there was an easier way of removing the sound deadening from my nova other than using a hammer and chisel etc. I know that you can you dry ice but I cannot seem to find anywhere that sells it! Cheers.

Pistol Pete
01-11-10, 08:56 PM
You mean the black tar like stuff inside?? Heat and a scraper might help. Will need petrol or something to get rid of the glue aswell IIRC.

Liam
01-11-10, 08:57 PM
yes, the tar like stuff. I'll give it a go with heating it up :thumb:

Paul
01-11-10, 09:00 PM
i used my BBQ on stick, CALOR bottle with torch heat her up and scrape away, comes off in seconds.

Rexy
01-11-10, 09:00 PM
Heat and a scraper makes a proper mess lol

miles better off trying to keep it cold and break it, just wait until winter kicks in and get on it when the temp is -0' :D

dan23
01-11-10, 10:02 PM
warm it with the heat gun till just before it starts to melt
then pull the edge up using your fingers / finger nails it should come away in fairly large chunks also hit it with a wooden mallet to make it flex before you heat it
you wont damage the paint on the floor doing it this way but you will burn your fingers until you get the techique right you need to leave it long enough that its still soft but not red hot

if you buy some auto glym tar an glue remover ( its a green color) this will get rid of the sticky after

mk1nova_rich
01-11-10, 10:07 PM
a hairdryer gets it just warm enough to melt the glue and the tar then peels off in large sections nicely.