PDA

View Full Version : osf mount nova modification help please . . .

Grey
01-11-10, 09:00 AM
ive come to a stand still with my 20xe rebuild :( reason being my engine sits to high on the offside.....:confused:

if so can i buy the plate or spacers etc just for that side as i already have spacer plates on my nsf and rear gearbox mounts from previous nova?

i have read the article on how to but i would rather not buy a whole kit.

any help or pictures would be great :thumb:

Grey

Mazz
01-11-10, 09:50 AM
Has your mount not got holes in it ?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/mrmazz/Nova/image201mediumnp3.jpg

Sloth
01-11-10, 10:08 AM
o.p have you just used a mk2 astra cast one and the stock nova rubber and position? if so you need to drop the rubber by 1.5 inches. i have a set of spacers for this, made from billet. pm me for info.

AlanH
01-11-10, 10:48 AM
as rob said sounds to me like you've used std engine mount, solutions are:
1. use the spacer rob has offered you (genuine guy so would recommend this)
2. get a conversion mount like the one in mazz's pic, note he has a solid mount hence it only bein on with 1 bolt, if it was a standard nova rubber mount 2 holes would line up. this works just as well but i'll bet robs spacer will be cheaper.

mowgli
01-11-10, 10:49 AM
just for all others who will be reading this... the 1.2 mount is not odd, it is the same as all the ohc petrol novas..

Sloth
01-11-10, 11:25 AM
except very early ones have 2 extra captive nuts on em.....

mowgli
01-11-10, 11:54 AM
the really early ones had 2 extra captive nuts to bolt a shaped metal plate to so if the mount rubber broke, the engine wouldn't drop... my x rag kadett had one too.. my first b reg 1.2 actually snapped its rh mount. & the engine was resting against the inner leg for a very painfully slow 50 mile drive home...

Grey
01-11-10, 08:34 PM
ive now edited my thread at start :thumb: thanks for the comments guys ive now bought a osf mount kit from valvers for 23 notes :).

ill keep you in mind rob! :thumb:

Thanks!!