PDA

View Full Version : where do you.......

Dan
31-10-10, 05:14 PM
Buy shirts for the 'awkward' size person.

Just had a funeral on friday and luckily had 2 suits as my more recent one was hilariously tight jacket wise. As regards a shirt, i had to suffer my old 'baggy one' which was now lets say snug but passable.

I have tried nearly every bloody high street shop going and i either find one that fits arms and shoulders but the rest reaches halfway down my leg or i could fit two people inside the middle bit, or i find ones that fit my torso size nicely yet the arms and shoulders are that tight my tattoos can be read using the brail format.

Honestly i cant understand it, and before we get any of the younger lads saying your a big lad blah blah, In the real world i'm of an average build considering my work etc. I tried all different styles of shirt as i have done many times before, but these more recent shirts (say last 10 yrs?) just dont seem to cater for anyone with shoulders or arms bigger than a twiglet, wtf!!

Dan
31-10-10, 05:18 PM
oh and no links to tent companies you feckers lol lol

mowgli
31-10-10, 05:20 PM
the sort of tailor that does penguin suit hire should be able to help....

i just get cheap big neck ones from asda, and suffer the bagginess, but i wear a suit about 3 times a year...... i am not some adonis, i just hate a shirt to be tight on the collar... i want a longer tie, cos they look too short with my big neck shirt

Graeme
31-10-10, 05:22 PM
Jackamo.co.uk is for big units lol

Dan
31-10-10, 05:27 PM
Jacamo lol thats for fat people?

yeh tried that mowgli, but with a 17.5 neck 45/46 chest and 34 waist (rough measurements) the bagginess is epic around the middle, and when tucked in bunch like a mofo

bmw156
31-10-10, 05:30 PM
your best bet is online, im a bigger person. and the only shops i can go in are debenhams as they do larger sizes, and asda as mowgli said.

saloonwoody
31-10-10, 05:31 PM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=267882409781&id=535518ace5382894b97cf31b31d70969&url=http%3a%2f%2fi.bnet.com%2fblogs%2fhomer-simpson-fat.gif

job done lol

MK999
31-10-10, 06:01 PM
your best bet is online, im a bigger person. and the only shops i can go in are debenhams as they do larger sizes, and asda as mowgli said.

Dan is saying his issue is not that's he's all round big though, but well built, i.e larger across the chest/shoulders/arms and a thinner waist than the 'large' sizes.

I actually have the same issue most of the time as despite being rake like I am reasonably well built across the shoulders/chest for my size, to a lesser degree than Dan though so I just deal with it being slightly tighter/baggy in places rather than it stopping me wearing something as it's far too tight or baggy.

mowgli
31-10-10, 06:01 PM
the reason for all this shirt buying trouble is that the fashion industry is staffed by scrawny delicate people, the sort who think weighing more than 12st is clinically obese, then they buy their gear from china, where someone 6' tall & over 12st is a giant.....so the big size stuff is not exactly thought out, and this is also the reason why most blokes look like pillocks at the seaside...

Bubba
31-10-10, 06:20 PM
Mcds...problem solved.

lol

Benn
31-10-10, 06:27 PM
lol my neck is 20inch and i have no probs (some how still mostly muscle) last 2 shirts where from Beales men's clothes/suits(some times found in debenhams (sp?)

Dan
31-10-10, 06:35 PM
and a head like an ox lol lol

As said i think alot of my problem is a fairly slim waist :wtf: but above the stomach it goes to pot. I could cope with the shoulder area being abit 'snug' but this also reflects on not being able to move your arms much without something cracking on the shirt and is not acceptable. Picking up a glass was like someone with a razor on the inside of my elbow lol

Alex J
31-10-10, 07:18 PM
Buy shirts for the 'awkward' size person.

Just had a funeral on friday and luckily had 2 suits as my more recent one was hilariously tight jacket wise. As regards a shirt, i had to suffer my old 'baggy one' which was now lets say snug but passable.

I have tried nearly every bloody high street shop going and i either find one that fits arms and shoulders but the rest reaches halfway down my leg or i could fit two people inside the middle bit, or i find ones that fit my torso size nicely yet the arms and shoulders are that tight my tattoos can be read using the brail format.

Honestly i cant understand it, and before we get any of the younger lads saying your a big lad blah blah, In the real world i'm of an average build considering my work etc. I tried all different styles of shirt as i have done many times before, but these more recent shirts (say last 10 yrs?) just dont seem to cater for anyone with shoulders or arms bigger than a twiglet, wtf!!this place is local to me, and has all that you need, hope it helps:thumb: .... http://www.sizedwell.co.uk/store/index.asp

Benn
31-10-10, 09:12 PM
I've rolled my shoulders around before(arms together thing) and ripped the back seam open..lol Never buy a shirt with a seam there..

Stuart
31-10-10, 09:24 PM
Seems like you need a 'fitted' shirt (or slim fit for want of a better term) with longer body and sleeeeeves...

M&S do some of those