PDA

View Full Version : Muppet corner is the best place for this problem.

TeddyThom
29-10-10, 10:20 PM
Right, I currently have a cherry bomb on my nova, sits back under the bumper, so you can't see it from the back, not through choice, it's just quite a bit shorter than the original one. My problem however, is that because it somehow allows my 1200 Mk1 to occasionally spits flames (fcuk knows how :wtf:) and obviously exhaust gases are hot, it's melting my bumper... Any ideas on how to sort this out?? I'm kind of stumped :confused::confused:

Royston
29-10-10, 10:25 PM
extend it beyond the bumper or fit a 90 degree bend and point in down!

L14MNP
29-10-10, 10:28 PM
Right, I currently have a cherry bomb on my nova

Agreed. lol

somehow allows my 1200 Mk1 to occasionally spits flames (fcuk knows how :wtf:)

Any igntion off and back on down at the local krooze gen? lol

mowgli
29-10-10, 10:29 PM
lean the mix off, and fit a bit of pipe from the middle section to the cherry bomb.....

MK999
29-10-10, 10:31 PM
Or remove aforementioned ridiculous exhaust and fit something less... police aware lol

TeddyThom
29-10-10, 10:40 PM
Or remove aforementioned ridiculous exhaust and fit something less... police aware lol
I've been pulled over by the police a couple of times with it on there, and they haven't said anything about it to be fair dude lol

Any igntion off and back on down at the local krooze gen? lol

Nah, does it while I'm driving lol, had a mate follow me out one day and he told me, was well like wtf lol.

extend it beyond the bumper or fit a 90 degree bend and point in down!
I can't extend it beyond the bumper without modifying it somehow...

Andy
29-10-10, 10:42 PM
buy a sh1t bumper,blindeye+skoolgirl attention and then all aint as bad as it may seem innit

TeddyThom
29-10-10, 10:45 PM
buy a sh1t bumper,blindeye+skoolgirl attention and then all aint as bad as it may seem innit

Erm... WTF?

nova_saloon
29-10-10, 10:51 PM
^ lol agreed. But just fit a metal shiel all the way to the bumper and technically it being under the body can be classed as an m.o.t failure can it? as exhaust gases cant escape. what ive been told anyways. I knows its in the open, but when still or something, i kinda unsure abotu it but hey!

mowgli
29-10-10, 10:53 PM
^ lol agreed. But just fit a metal shiel all the way to the bumper and technically it being under the body can be classed as an m.o.t failure can it? as exhaust gases cant escape. what ive been told anyways. I knows its in the open, but when still or something, i kinda unsure abotu it but hey!

well 99% of lorries & 100% of toyota priuses will fail mot's then..............

TeddyThom
29-10-10, 11:00 PM

I believe the way it has been done is called "diesel look" or something like that, not too sure though... But in order to get the complete look right I'd have to completely cover the exhaust hole that has been precut in the bumper, the cherry bomb is only on there for the time being while I save up the money for my stainless steel SEBRING system :thumb:

Jim Mcrae
30-10-10, 02:44 PM
Hope your boot floor is solid, i have been told carbon-monooxide is bad for you.