PDA

View Full Version : TPS unplugged no ECU light illuminated?

Damo
29-10-10, 09:30 PM
As above ive still got the stuttering problem i posted about a week or so ago ive changed the afm, fuel rail and injectors as suggested and a lttle improvement in power but still has the stutter :confused: . So tonite i unplugged the TPS sensor as its the only thing apart from the dissy and coil ive not changed thinking that if thats the problem it may improve if i unplug it and narrow the problem down and i expected an ECU light but nothing ive also driven it round and still dosent come on is this normal?

Im now starting to think the ECU could be at fault ive got a spare to try but my current ECU has been subjected to water damage for some reason!

Any more help wouild be apreciated guys.

Damo.

Edit sorry guys its a '92 C20XE.

phazer
29-10-10, 09:42 PM
What engine?

Damo
29-10-10, 09:59 PM
Sorry phazer post edited.

w88rdy
29-10-10, 10:28 PM
Water damage???

Have you tried the gaskets etc around the throttle body etc damo?

Mine was missing / hesitating and i put a new seal on the top and it ran miles better. just a thought

Damo
29-10-10, 10:55 PM
Water damage???

Have you tried the gaskets etc around the throttle body etc damo?

Mine was missing / hesitating and i put a new seal on the top and it ran miles better. just a thought

Yea long story with the water damage lol.

It had an inlet gasket on it paul but nothing else inlet wise all the hoses have been checked and there ok should really replace the throttle body and SFI gasket to rule them out.

Damo.

Andy
29-10-10, 11:01 PM
Have you done a compression test Damo,sorry if you have its just youve put up a few threads now bud.
After the ecu you have to start looking at summat more serious mate im afraid...

Damo
29-10-10, 11:17 PM
sorry double posted see below.

Damo
29-10-10, 11:19 PM
Have you done a compression test Damo,sorry if you have its just youve put up a few threads now bud.
After the ecu you have to start looking at summat more serious mate im afraid...

Nar not done a compression test andy ive just had the head off mind for the porous mod and everything seemed in order i checked the valves were seated properly with the water test and the pistons seemed solid enough but ill get a tester on it just be sure i think.

There seems to be plenty of power though mind and dosent struggle to rev its just not smooth but at the same time not rough if you get what i mean.:confused:

Damo.

Andy
29-10-10, 11:19 PM
To rule a possibilty out,its gotta be worth it mate,sorry to hear your having harsh luck.These things are sent to test us and all that eh!?

Damo
29-10-10, 11:23 PM
To rule a possibilty out,its gotta be worth it mate,sorry to hear your having harsh luck.These things are sent to test us and all that eh!?

Yea true mate i can live with it tbh but i was kind of thinking if it was a simple fix i'd sort it lol since ive replaced the AFM and injectors its definatly improved it though.

Chris Astley
30-10-10, 09:34 AM
Have you checked there are no breakages in the wires going to the afm and cts. They both have a tendancy to get broken wires inside the rubber boot on the back of the plugs.

Damo
30-10-10, 06:43 PM
Chris: will have a looksey tomorrow mate cheers.

Guys just to update ive swapped the ecu over and the engines alot smoother to drive now but sometimes it fails to start first turn of the key and you have to keep cranking it over the ECU has been in my toolbox for a while mind will this have anything to do with it ????

But the stutter still persists am gunna try a cmpression test anyhow to rule that out as andys said but other than that is there anything else it could be?

Damo.