PDA

View Full Version : Buying cars from NI

Stuart
29-10-10, 04:55 PM
Are they 'UK' cars.... I know NI is part of the UK, but you never know with cars lol.

If its on a normal looking reg plate is there any hassle brining one to the real world etc?

steviegsi
29-10-10, 05:01 PM
Talk to stoo I think, or whoever it was bought the integra from here. Think he is having a headache with the plates. But bringing them to here from England is no big deal so you shouldn't have any hassle.

Alex J
29-10-10, 05:03 PM
i sold my nova turbo to lad there, he wanted the logbook to be registered to his mums in the uk as it was to much hassle to get it changed over , not sure if it works the same bringing them back, also sold a raptor 660 quad to someone there and he did the same, he also said its a massive pain, hope this helps.

Stuart
29-10-10, 05:04 PM
cool.

I think his problems are to do with private plates etc.

steviegsi
29-10-10, 05:07 PM
i sold my nova turbo to lad there, he wanted the logbook to be registered to his mums in the uk as it was to much hassle to get it changed over , not sure if it works the same bringing them back, also sold a raptor 660 quad to someone there and he did the same, he also said its a massive pain, hope this helps.

I would hazard a guess that he did that to avoid his particulars - or lack - of to come to light. Police computers don't have info on your cars here / our cars there afaik. Well that's how it used to be anyway.

Alex J
29-10-10, 05:11 PM
I would hazard a guess that he did that to avoid his particulars - or lack - of to come to light. Police computers don't have info on your cars here / our cars there afaik. Well that's how it used to be anyway.they both said it has taken them over 6 to 9 months to get a log book in there name, and couldnt tax it etc

dstevenson
29-10-10, 05:20 PM
Hi,

I just sold my ST Focus (before you ask I am on here because I have a Nova rally car lol)to a guy who came over from Cornwall to get it was a better price than any he could get at home apparently.

He has had no probs getting V5 changed, etc. and taxing the car as the tax ran out the day after he drove it home :thumb:

David

steviegsi
29-10-10, 06:24 PM
Are they 'UK' cars.... I know NI is part of the UK, but you never know with cars lol.

If its on a normal looking reg plate is there any hassle brining one to the real world etc?

Just noticed that! Cheeky *******!

Stuart
29-10-10, 06:43 PM
lol, you love it really