PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this?

DAFTJOHN
27-10-10, 11:10 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-11628673

Difficult one, if going by the story - the guy didn't know he wasn't insured and by him not having insurance I really doubt it would have changed the outcome....assuming all things being equal. I wonder if he'll do hard time?

It also doesn't mention if his driving was reckless or how the accident happened. To be honest I would actually ultimately lay the blame on the hosptial if the infection started there....

Jack
27-10-10, 11:22 AM
Interesting. You could argue that if she wasn't in the hospital in the first place, she wouldn't have caught the infection that supposedly caused her death... I guess it depends if there was any negligence on part of the hospital in her care regime. You would expect a hospital to provide a level of care which prevents further injury or infection though. Might be worth seeing how MRSA cases have gone.

As for the insurance problem, then yes, both the driver and owner (or "keeper", if we're getting into that pickle again lol) are wide open to prosecution - the law states any person using/driving a car must have adequate third party insurance, which he didn't. Its also the responsibility of the owner/keeper to ensure the person using a car has adequate insurance - so for example if your dad wants to drive your car, it would be up to you to check his documents to see if he has 'drive any car' cover.

Side note on the hospital thing, there was a case on the news down here where a bloke who was paralyzed from the neck down was severely brain damaged when a care staff nurse person accidentally turned off his life support. Who's to blame, the staff member for flicking the switch? The care organization for supplying an inadequately trained person? The hospital for allowing that staff member to have access to a machine she was not trained to use? Or was it whoever/whatever caused the patient to be paralyzed in the first place, thus putting him in that situation?

Angus Closier
27-10-10, 11:25 AM
He shouldnt have been driving at the end of the day, fine he "didnt" know about it but that doesnt change the fact he wasnt.
Where did the infection come from? You say hospital? The only reson she steped foot in there was because of him. I say its his fault.