PDA

View Full Version : items for sale on the internet..........

mowgli
26-10-10, 03:57 PM
why do they always seem to start with the following phrase....

HERE WE HAVE........

what's up, can't you sell the item on your own?????

are you trying to convince others that you have friends & they are both real & present.......

are you trying to make the buyer think there are several of you there???

just stop it now...

a simple FOR SALE is plenty good enough.....you are not derek trotter trying some banter with the punters.........

there, that's over with...

Sloth
26-10-10, 04:01 PM
jesus, you taken your supressants today?

draper
26-10-10, 04:01 PM
'up for auction' is also chucked in most ebay ad's - no ****ing **** its up for auction on an auction site lol

Jack
26-10-10, 04:05 PM
To be fair..... lol

1. Technically, there are two parties to the auction - the seller and viewer/prospectant buyer. So "we" is grammatically correct.

2. It could be a buy it now or fixed price sale :p

[/pedant] lol

draper
26-10-10, 04:06 PM

[/pedant] lol

they normally say 'here we have' tho lol

Sloth
26-10-10, 04:09 PM
just seen an "up for auction" in a classified ad......

MattBrown
26-10-10, 04:39 PM
To be fair..... lol

1. Technically, there are two parties to the auction - the seller and viewer/prospectant buyer. So "we" is grammatically correct.

[/pedant] lol

lol

mowgli
26-10-10, 04:45 PM
To be fair..... lol

[/pedant] lol

until you have actually bid on an item, there is no we in the business relationship.....

as for the BIN..... i'm selling a drawing board for work atm, and all manner of creatures have crawled out to ask for a BIN when i have deliberately not put one and stated it will run to the end of the auction.......

THEN priced up pallet couriers for everysoddingwhere and even had some woman ask me if the pallet courier will charge to take the pallet away afterwards!!!!!!!! when it isn't even going on a bloody pallet, just the pallet courier!!!!!!!

when i was younger, you looked in a magazine ad, rang the person & sorted it out...... on this ad, i have put a phone no. that is getatable 24hrs a day & people have sent me emails saying they tried the phone, but it didn't answer...... i'd like to know how, unless they let it ring once at 3am

etc

stupot89
26-10-10, 04:58 PM
b1cth b1cht fluffin b1ich thats all im reading on here atm

L14MNP
26-10-10, 05:30 PM
'New shape' for cars for sale is a cracker. Yeah mate I'm sure your V plate Vectra once was. lol

Also having for sale in the title when it's in a dedicated for sale area is a winner. I put that and the next down to ignorance and/or laziness though.
On this very site, including the needless word 'Vauxhall' in your for sale title, if it's a Nova (or other UK model) of course it's Vaux, use the spare characters for something more likely to gain views IMO.

Just like eBay. Hmm 15 characters remaining in my (free) title, what to put? Ah yes, I have got it '!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' THEN they pay for the additional title and repeat the same. lol

Alex J
26-10-10, 05:32 PM
who cares?:confused:

Andy
26-10-10, 05:33 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5emKz5d-NTDOVH7PWS3OtW33R1Z6p1UKvgTKmNGz_vp3OiWs&t=1&usg=__4GOg7P5vDvtetfhBjO9xwyFGMdA=

Alex J
26-10-10, 05:33 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5emKz5d-NTDOVH7PWS3OtW33R1Z6p1UKvgTKmNGz_vp3OiWs&t=1&usg=__4GOg7P5vDvtetfhBjO9xwyFGMdA=fpmsl

mowgli
26-10-10, 05:46 PM

sorry i didn't look at deal or no deal..............

but i like to think the british buying public has enough sense to not ask stoopid questions like

what colour is it???.....
its a sodding drawing board & on the picture it is white.......isn't that enough???? i mean, if they can't see what the colour is, then a drawing board isn't going to be much use now is it????

anyway, stress over..... the person who bought it actually paid a lot more than i thought, so i is happy now.........

and ANDY.... those things are only any good for practical jokes involving pint glasses of guinness

Balley
26-10-10, 05:47 PM
Some people...

Balley
26-10-10, 05:48 PM

...... I don't !

Alex J
26-10-10, 06:00 PM
...... I don't talk!just did ha halol

Balley
26-10-10, 06:10 PM
just did ha halol

Hmm some how I managed to write talk???!! :S

Southie
26-10-10, 06:19 PM
Here we have...

... another pointless thread lol

Balley
26-10-10, 06:22 PM
Here we have...

... another pointless thread lol

Agreed :)

Jack
26-10-10, 08:38 PM
until you have actually bid on an item, there is no we in the business relationship.....
Its not a business relationship until a bid has been placed, merely a viewing, for which there is two people - viewer and seller, hence why I said
viewer/prospectant buyer

Fcuks sake, I blame that cretin on that Freak Like Me progam who got in a tizz about typos, after watching that I have my pedantic mode on overdrive lol

mowgli
26-10-10, 08:58 PM
jack, you are growing older.... thus you don't suffer fools as gladly as you used to.....

Bubba
26-10-10, 10:16 PM
"1.2 carb not SR/SRI/GTE/GSI/C20XE/C20LET/TURBO/ZETEC/GTR/VERYRON/ZONDA/CCX/SHELBY"

Captain Capital C Capital U Capital N Capital T

/rant

andy_mk3
26-10-10, 10:21 PM
"1.2 carb not SR/SRI/GTE/GSI/C20XE/C20LET/TURBO/ZETEC/GTR/VERYRON/ZONDA/CCX/SHELBY"

Captain Capital C Capital U Capital N Capital T

/rant

Was just about to post that lollollol:thumb:

Bubba
26-10-10, 10:22 PM
i could have gone on and on and on :p

mowgli
26-10-10, 10:25 PM
eBay have apparently banned it, but they are rather slow at cancelling every listing with it on..

Bubba
26-10-10, 10:31 PM
thats like people who put "i am not looking to swap my banged up 205 for a supra twin turbo wink wink"