PDA

View Full Version : Help!

JensonLEI
25-10-10, 07:30 PM
Right so I've finally got in the nova for first time, gave it a full service ( plugs , oil etc etc ) and it's running like a bag of sht, there is no power whatsoever , I accelerate and it chugs and chugs then it accelerates quick then chugs chugs shaking everywhere, the car hasn't been ran for weeks so i went to take her out for a run, I have to change up gears as when it gets to a high rev it just has no power also sometimes cuts off then a blast of power, any help appretiated, ( c20xe ) also new battery.

Southie
25-10-10, 08:24 PM
Have you changed the fuel filter cause it sounds like you've a blockage.

Is it a dizzy or coilpack version?

Any fault codes?

JensonLEI
25-10-10, 08:39 PM
Have you changed the fuel filter cause it sounds like you've a blockage.

Is it a dizzy or coilpack version?

Any fault codes?

I did get a wiff of petrol mind you.

Southie
25-10-10, 08:48 PM
Well it could be because it's trying to push too much fuel through, have you also got maybe another fuel pump to try?

What colour were your plugs? And what colour are they now after the bad running?

Is it coilpack or dizzy though??? Rotor arm and dizzy cap changed? If so you might of retarded it by accident (if dizzy).

Maybe your timings slipped, have you checked?

JensonLEI
25-10-10, 08:53 PM
Well it could be because it's trying to push too much fuel through, have you also got maybe another fuel pump to try?

What colour were your plugs? And what colour are they now after the bad running?

Is it coilpack or dizzy though??? Rotor arm and dizzy cap changed? If so you might of retarded it by accident (if dizzy).

Maybe your timings slipped, have you checked?

The plugs before were black and smelt of petrol as the old oil was utter black, I havnt really had time to check as it's dark outside and light isn't very good, it's a dizzy

Southie
25-10-10, 08:58 PM
Well it actually sounds like it's overfueling to me.

Was it running okay before then?

What colour is the rotor arm and are the points dirty on the dizzy?

Have you flashed any fault codes up?

JensonLEI
25-10-10, 09:16 PM
Well it actually sounds like it's overfueling to me.

Was it running okay before then?

What colour is the rotor arm and are the points dirty on the dizzy?

Have you flashed any fault codes up?

I bought the car weeks ago and only just decided to drive her, it was robs which he said drove fine, not had chance mate as only just got in from testing it

JensonLEI
26-10-10, 02:49 PM
Battery light comes on when I accelerate hard, dodgy earth?

mowgli
26-10-10, 03:03 PM
sounds like the one from the gbox to the chassis

C612DNM
26-10-10, 08:41 PM
Had it been that, I doubt it would have started.

Is there a ground near the throttle body? May be worth a check.

comptoncj
27-10-10, 09:27 AM
Check the plug leads, dizzy cap and rotor arm, AFM and its wiring if the plugs are black its running too rich, as said before flash the ecu light to get a code.

cheiko
06-11-10, 12:52 AM
jenson its leon who came to look at your nova the other day. after having a think about your problem it could be that e.c.u again. the position your ecu was in when i seen it can let water run down the loom from the battery tray and into your ecu mate. take it off again and gently give it a clean. and yes check your fuel filter and pump (they both together just in front of the fuel tank) failing that pm RSTCHRIS on here i spoke to him today he has many many parts including a c20xe maf.

JensonLEI
06-11-10, 09:28 AM
jenson its leon who came to look at your nova the other day. after having a think about your problem it could be that e.c.u again. the position your ecu was in when i seen it can let water run down the loom from the battery tray and into your ecu mate. take it off again and gently give it a clean. and yes check your fuel filter and pump (they both together just in front of the fuel tank) failing that pm RSTCHRIS on here i spoke to him today he has many many parts including a c20xe maf.

Ok mate cheers! , ( dizzy, rotar, plugs, etc changed to let ppl know )

maddogdaz666
06-11-10, 09:55 AM
put fuel in it as the guage is temprimental. It started misfiring on 3 seperate laps of nurburgring cos i thought there was enough fuel in it!

maddogdaz666
06-11-10, 09:59 AM
and check all the earths on the engine, and check you've got the plug leads on the right way. The fuel pump is an in tank spi one, check the fuel pipes to it as one was perished and i had to cut it shorter in germany.

cheiko
06-11-10, 06:02 PM
and remember..... check your engine code mate, if its a early 20xe they are complitely diffenernt to the c20xe maf sensors mate.

Damo
06-11-10, 06:29 PM
and remember..... check your engine code mate, if its a early 20xe they are complitely diffenernt to the c20xe maf sensors mate.

The 20xe and early c20xe AFM's were the same iirc only the later dispack ones were different.