PDA

View Full Version : BIg big trouble with little nova

nova dosed
27-05-03, 12:12 AM
Right i was messing about with me car today and i thought oo what was that noise. Anyway engine wudnt tick over again and i heard a clicking shite i thought

So i undid the cam cover and noticed metal bits in my cam housing i thought fcuk. The follwers had snapped so i stripped the head down and it was 4 outlet ones anyway i pondered and assumed sum how timin had gone ka put and fcuked em. I reset timing and i was stuck for followers i got a spare 1.3 sr (e reg) in me garage so i used there followers but only prob is there a different sort so i had no choice i had to use them.
After rebuilt the engine in the pissing dark kicked it in and nothing. Nothing at all i dont know why its just turning over and not even trying to start im pissed off now i did the timin like i dun a million times b4 so av u lot any ideas

burgo
27-05-03, 02:35 AM
did u drain ya lifters???

nova dosed
27-05-03, 08:28 AM
didnt have time i was kinda hopin that i'd get away with it this happend at 6pm and i needed it for today bloody pain in the arse it it. Besides in theory the lifters shud adjust them selves

Guv
27-05-03, 10:29 AM
i had this prob mate a week ago with my beast b4 some tos*er wrote her off any way sound to me the same as i had bent valves mate :cry:

Dicko
27-05-03, 11:14 AM
sounds like you would be better of geting a new head

did u use a new head gasket? might be leaking and no compresion?

jatinder
27-05-03, 12:00 PM
yeah my one of my followers broke ltwo weeks ago and broke the collar where the valve sits :cry:

cant find a head anywere so im going to buy an engine off ben

Austin_Nova16
27-05-03, 04:22 PM
nova dosed - Why don't you just fit the complete sr head onto your engine and try that...

nova dosed
27-05-03, 05:58 PM
Ive phoned sum where 2day and they are goin to look at it 2moz for me and sort ther head out skim etc.

AS for the gasket i think that 2 so i bought all new shite today the next prob is if the bottom end fell outa timin with cam and every thing how to set it up i cnt afford another rolling road

mikeoxford
27-05-03, 11:37 PM
did u drain ya lifters???

why?

nova dosed
28-05-03, 12:22 AM
lol well 2moz will be the day to see the state of my head its all off again ready to be cleaned up and skimmed

nova dosed
28-05-03, 09:14 PM
4 new valves and a set of new followers dam

rgv_stu
28-05-03, 10:28 PM
u should drain your lifters

i usually do it in a large vice with some wood to protect them

then when you start it up it fills with fresh oil and makes the up clearances.

if they were to high to start with i dunno wether they would go back down easily ? they take some effort with a vise you know ;) your valves might not be closing fully you see