PDA

View Full Version : Tigra Brakes Calipers and Discs.

TeddyThom
25-10-10, 02:58 PM
I read somewhere around here that you can put the tigra brake discs and calipers onto the Nova, (I have a Mk1). How would I go about doing this?? Is it a straight swap? Or do I have to change the hubs over?? The guy I bought the Nova off warned me about the original discs etc warping (which it hasn't done yet thankfully), and my brake caliper is a bit sticky at times, I know how to grease it all up to sort that out, but I want to change the brakes over anyways.

Any help please?? I'm a bit unsure on how to do it.

Cheers.

dstevenson
25-10-10, 03:08 PM
Hi,

Very straight forward swap, all bolts on to existing hubs, etc. :thumb:

Did this on my rally nova to get the vented discs as I was restricted to 13" wheels so could not use the astra gte brakes. Not a lot of difference in the actual braking performance tbh, just don't get the brake fade as quickly :)

David

TeddyThom
25-10-10, 03:11 PM
Hi,

Very straight forward swap, all bolts on to existing hubs, etc. :thumb:

Did this on my rally nova to get the vented discs as I was restricted to 13" wheels so could not use the astra gte brakes. Not a lot of difference in the actual braking performance tbh, just don't get the brake fade as quickly :)

David

I heard they were twin pot brakes, and almost as good as the 2l brakes, I'm looking for the 1.6+ brakes just to clarify. As long as they are better than the ones I got and are fairly cheapish and easy to do then I am happy, as I don't have a lot of money or time :/

dstevenson
25-10-10, 03:14 PM
I heard they were twin pot brakes, and almost as good as the 2l brakes, I'm looking for the 1.6+ brakes just to clarify. As long as they are better than the ones I got and are fairly cheapish and easy to do then I am happy, as I don't have a lot of money or time :/

Mine were standard corsa/astra/tigra 1.4/1.6 calipers & discs. These are the AE single pot sliding type, not twin pot. Not sure if there is a twin pot type in this size??

I have rallied on them now for two years and am very happy indeed. Very cheap and simple upgrade to the standard nova solid discs tbh.

TeddyThom
25-10-10, 03:20 PM
I shall have to check this out, found some lovely discs on fleabay lol

Looks proper mean.

But anyways, would the discs be a straight fit as well?? I'd be happy as long as they are will stop me better than the ones I got. They stop me alright but I just want that little bit more ya know?

moffat
25-10-10, 04:10 PM
ive corsa/tigra sport brakes for mine there 256x20mm discs and the calipers discs etc are a straight fit fella

Stuart
25-10-10, 04:12 PM
Plain pikey simple discs, good pads (mintex 1144/1155 or ferodo DS2500's etc) and some decent fluid... DONE.

have a look on www.needforspeed.co.uk (http://www.needforspeed.co.uk) for the brake disc sizes... its a fabulous resource for that kind of info

TeddyThom
25-10-10, 07:19 PM
Plain pikey simple discs, good pads (mintex 1144/1155 or ferodo DS2500's etc) and some decent fluid... DONE.

have a look on www.needforspeed.co.uk (http://www.needforspeed.co.uk) for the brake disc sizes... its a fabulous resource for that kind of info

Cheers for the website address :thumb: