PDA

View Full Version : HELP! 1.0 Carb to c14se overfueling

Chrishowes
25-10-10, 11:57 AM
I fitted a c14se engine into a 1.0 originally carb and has always ran rich and drank fuel (15 mpg at a push) and the engine ticks over a bit high and the revs pulse on idle and when in a high gear eco driving so the tickover is pulling the car along, i have changed the fuel reg, lambda sensor and coolent sensor on the engine i am using a external fuel pump off a calibra 1.8 i think it was, just stumped now at what the cause could be, also the eml isnt wired in so i cant look at that for clues, or if anyone has an idiot proof way to wire it in e.g colours, pictures all the usualy toddler old stuff. cheers chris. p.s i hope i can get this sorted as its costing so much to run it as it is my evryday car :(

Plug
25-10-10, 01:01 PM
to wire the EML light it find the plug on the back of the clocks.

Get the Brown/yellow wire, then connect that to the brown/yellow wire on the c14se engine loom,

Then the choke lite becomes the EML

david dixon
28-10-10, 11:20 PM
you did change the tank for a return tank didn't you?
was the lambda welded in?

David.

Chrishowes
30-10-10, 11:31 AM
ok cheers plug, no im using a calibra pump with the return going to the filler neck fuel presures ok and i think i know why its overfuelling now lol im using a single point injection ecu with a mpi ecu chip in it, it was the only way to get the car to run as the ecu it came with would start the car then die off after a sec or two, i think it might be imobalised but apparently the c14se 1992 didnt have them anyone know if this is true as i can get it flashed for £60 but dont want to waste the money if it is there is a green plug by the battery near the octane (thingy, the white plug with numbers on either side) and that has a green, brown and black-white wire going to it, which i heard if its imobalised it would have a blue-red one going to it????? cheers chris

Chrishowes
30-10-10, 11:33 AM
i forgot this very important bit of ecu imformation :S sorry

phazer
30-10-10, 02:01 PM
If the C14SE if from a Nova then it isn't immobilised.

Your tank/line arrangement is NOT good enough. Forgetting the bodge with the tank you need to change the fuel lines to high pressure injection lines.

mowgli
30-10-10, 03:29 PM
i think you simply hadn't fed the correct +ve to the ecu.

Chrishowes
18-11-10, 05:30 PM
+ve? it turned out that the old ecu was imobalised it was out of an astra but i got it flashed and its all fine now it still burns fuel all wired correctly except there is no vss? sensor on it ( the one on the end of the speedo cable), i have one for it to wire in but it doesnt cut out at junctions which is what should happen apparently, does the sensor usually wire into the astra car loom or engine loom as there is no 3pin plug to fit it on the engine loom exept for the one to the throttle body which would reach the speedo cable if it tried. if i do need to wire the vss sensor in anyone know how? also what tank could i use because i will probly do another conv (c20xe or let) to it later on and dnt want to go through buying 2 tanks as the one for the c14se is quite expensive e.g would a nova gsi tank be fine for both mine and the future engines? cheers

Chrishowes
18-11-10, 06:28 PM
oh lol positive :D

Chrishowes
20-11-10, 09:09 PM
bump :)

General Baxter
20-11-10, 09:11 PM
flashing ecu, changing chips, wtf,
change the tank to one with a swirl pot in
jiust get a proper ecu and wire it in correct!

phazer
20-11-10, 09:16 PM
I have a Nova C14SE (dispack) ECU here if you need one instead of pissing about with one you think is iffy.

But, sounds like you have other problems to sort first.

Chrishowes
20-11-10, 09:43 PM
yes, i sorted the ecu it has the correct one in it but i had to get it flashed because it was out of an astra that was imobalised (the ecu that came with the engine and loom), i just wanted to know why it ran rich and thats why i want to know which tank i can fit in it so i can keep the tank if i do another conversion lol now ive learnt from the mistakes of the first one.

phazer
20-11-10, 09:45 PM
To be honest, as long as it's a vented tank and you've got an MPi pump and ensured that the lines have been swapped to high pressure versions you'll be fine.

There are plenty of cars on here that are running 1.2 tanks with in tank pumps and they are fine. The critical bit is the tank vent and the gith pressure lines.

Chrishowes
20-11-10, 09:50 PM
oh so the tanks are virtually the same and will fit pumps off diffrent tanks? e.g 1.2spi tank with a gte pump?

phazer
20-11-10, 10:00 PM
Not quite, what I'm saying is you don't necessarily have to swap to an externally mounted pump like the GTE/GSi/SRi. You do need an injection tank and lines. Any of the injection pumps will do do for a C14, either external or in tank though.

Chrishowes
20-11-10, 10:13 PM
well i do have an external pump with the standard lines going to that then pressured lines from pump to engines then back to filler neck breather cus it was only place the hole for fuel was big enouph, and for now the filler neck breather is plugged and i had to remove plug to fill up i know its abit dodge, but i didnt have the £ to buy whole new tank as they are like £160 new by me and only one shop can get them, what would you say best tank to go for would be then because i guess the shop can get other tanks then the c14se one so if a spi tank and mpi pump for inside it is cheaper then 160 ill go for that, thnx for all help btw only other thing is my dash gest the temp from a thickish light blue wire that goes to a nipple on the top of the engine between the inlet and rocker cover and the engine loom ofc goes to the temp sensor on the side of the block could this be causing the ecu to think its cold even though it has its own sensor on the block?

Chrishowes
20-11-10, 10:58 PM
bump, phazer whered u go? lol

Chrishowes
21-11-10, 02:38 PM
bump lol