PDA

View Full Version : i hate the council

DAN-F
25-10-10, 11:29 AM
had a letter off the council a few weeks ago saying that the three cars i have stored outside the garage have to be moved, i asked can they be covered and the guy said that should be fine. the garage is on the left behind the area where the cars are is my mates garden and to the right is te last house on the street which is for sale.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn152/DAN-F/corsa%20b/corsared.jpg

now theres a fance from the wall to the right around where the cors is following the road then cross to the corner of the garage, spoke to the council gu today and hes saying that they cant stay they have to be moved. he hasnt even come to see what its like now. they cant be seen theres a 7 foot high panel fence around them. can he really force me to move them/

Sloth
25-10-10, 11:36 AM
yes as your a tennant. its move em or be evicted im afraid. that garage looks a bit unsafe mind ;)

DAN-F
25-10-10, 11:40 AM
im not a tennent though land is owned as is the garage

Sloth
25-10-10, 11:42 AM
so you own the land? if so tell em to do one, its yours to use as you like.

DAN-F
25-10-10, 11:45 AM
dont the council have any sort of power to move them? te council bloke is saying theyre an eyesore and HAVE to be moved

Sloth
25-10-10, 11:49 AM
if they are on private land and are covered then they cant do ****. i had this issue at mums, had my old xe on the drive with a car cover, the tosswannk neighbour said it was an eyesore and reported me, council guy came, took one look and said 2its covered and tidy, no issue from us."

Sloth
25-10-10, 11:49 AM
and if they remove em off private land im 99% sure its classed as theft.

paul james
25-10-10, 11:54 AM
Get someone from the council to come out and see it. Tell them you are getting harassed by intimidating neighbours about it or something. Don't want your cars been taken for no reason when your not there.

BongMong
25-10-10, 12:02 PM
this will be somebody moaning..

Jack
25-10-10, 12:24 PM
Are the cars taxed or SORN'ed?

DAN-F
25-10-10, 05:24 PM
One is taxed 2 are sorned, the white nova has gone now. but theres a 7 ft high fence around them plus theyre all under covers now as well.what i dont understand is behid the garage is a patch of waste land thatevryone round there treats as a dump throwing old furniture and all sorts onto. i think it could be the neighbour to the right though seeing as hes trying to sell the house because he cant rent it anymore.

gazz
25-10-10, 05:34 PM
If its land that is owned by yourself or private just do as your doing, keep covered and fairly tidy.
all they can realy moan about if in utter mess is it will be fire hazard.
:thumb:

DAN-F
25-10-10, 05:39 PM
i always keep it tidy i make a point of it actually. i even cut down all the brambles from the area and flattened off he surroundig land so the area looks less like an afghan warzone. shouldnt be seen as a fire hazard i dont think. out of the three cars there 2 are bare shells and all three are always locked.

Jack
25-10-10, 06:30 PM
Yeah, there's naff all the council can do tbh. So long as they're not an "environmental hazard", i.e dribbling fluids everywhere, and the land isn't easily accessible by the public then they don't really have grounds to tell you what to do.

DAN-F
25-10-10, 06:36 PM
ah good, theres no engines in two and the xe in the corsa has been re bulit all new gaskets so no leaks from any of them. might call citizens advice tomorow just to know exactly where i stand before i call the council fella back

mowgli
25-10-10, 06:40 PM
IS IT YOUR LAND??

as you haven't actually answered the above question...

or do you have permission off the owner?

DAN-F
25-10-10, 06:47 PM
yes land is all bought and paid for it came with the garage. i said that in the 2nd post

Andy
25-10-10, 07:02 PM
tell them to get fukked

Sloth
25-10-10, 08:07 PM
/\ wrong answer;

tell the council to present themselves directly to fukk.

Southie
25-10-10, 08:40 PM
Ask the council who contacted them regarding this?
As it's "your land" then you'll not have a problem but is it a right of way though? If people are supposed to have access this maybe a problem, just check your deeds IMO.

DAN-F
25-10-10, 08:45 PM
Access to what the only thing the land goes to is my garage its a dead end other than that

Southie
25-10-10, 08:52 PM
Access to what the only thing the land goes to is my garage its a dead end other than that
That's what you can see now but still have a look at your deeds, it may of been a right of way years ago especially if your area is on previously own council property, still worth checking before you kick off with them.

DAN-F
25-10-10, 08:59 PM
surrounding area

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn152/DAN-F/00000000000000000000000.jpg

Southie
25-10-10, 09:02 PM
surrounding area NOW
:roll: Please check the deeds, just for my piece of mind lol We know where you live, PNG party anyone lol

mowgli
25-10-10, 09:03 PM
never ever trust the council... they are usually incompetent & need putting right...

a couple of years back, we got asked to demolish loads of brick sheds on a council block to stop druggies & tramps using them. we hit the first block with jcb's & disappeared them in a day. thats when the trouble started.. half were actually private & the tenants for the others had not been sent a letter telling them to clear them out.....18months later, we were still getting insurance claims passed on to us by the council officer who told us to do it....

be pleasant, be polite, show them your evidence of ownership & then tell them that the cars are being worked on, and haven't been dumped.

iirc councils can make orders to remove cars from private land, so be careful

DAN-F
25-10-10, 09:07 PM
i always try to be polite in situations like this, dont get anywhere by getting peoples back up that could ptentially help you out.

DAN-F
25-10-10, 09:07 PM
lol We know where you live, PNG party anyone lol

ha ha i dont live there. its actually about 3 or 4 miles from my house

Southie
25-10-10, 09:09 PM
ha ha i dont live there. its actually about 3 or 4 miles from my house
Party in your garage then lol

mowgli
25-10-10, 09:10 PM
get in touch straight away, don't let them dawn raid you...

Jack
25-10-10, 10:01 PM
iirc councils can make orders to remove cars from private land, so be careful
It is possible, but difficult, and they need a damned good reason to do so - hence asking if they were leaking fluids, as the aforementioned environmental hazard is their usual favourite