PDA

View Full Version : Alamr and immob and central locking.

Nova-Boy
26-05-03, 10:45 PM
How much am i looking at for an alarm and immob with remote central locking or perhaps just normal central locking?

Plus what about pop boots and de-locking?? DIY job?

I can do the body work stuff but what do i need for the pops?

mikeoxford
26-05-03, 10:52 PM
plus what about pop boots and de-locking?? DIY job??

yep

Neil.
27-05-03, 03:47 AM
to put a soleniod on ya boot so it opens by a switch is as easy as shaggin, im not sure about hooking upto alarm key fob tho. Get a soleniod for ?8, put it in, get a switch, 40p and hook it up jobs a guden.

burgo
27-05-03, 03:57 AM
i bought a scorpion alarm for ?100 which has built in immobiliser for four diff things and i bought my central lockin kit for ?40 and i fitted it all me self allow the alarm is complicated and isnt thatcham approved if u fit it urself

Nova-Boy
27-05-03, 02:25 PM
sounds like a nice price. How much would it be to get the alar fitted so it is approved? I could probably do the central locking myself.

southend summer cruiser
29-05-03, 08:42 PM
best to get ya alarm professionally fitted as it makes ya insurance come down provided you have a certificate to prove its been fitted..............look in the max power/redline mags etc as they try and test alarms etc

grant..........

Jim
29-05-03, 10:41 PM
I paid between ?250-?300 for a Thatcham approved Cat1 Alarm & Immobiliser from AutoWatch. I got it fitted for free at the place where I bought it. Comes with remote cental locking. These alarms get tested in South africa which is one of the worst countries for Car crime.

Jim