PDA

View Full Version : I know its odd to post this for me but......

ste porter
23-10-10, 03:06 AM
Just woundering what to exspect for a pair of lets well parts actualy
before anybody says it this isnt a forsale thread and its not usualy my style to post stuff like this but i have the following

Genuine let block with 1 mm oversized woosner pistons with steel rods arp 2000s mint crank and oil pump ect has only done about 900 mile before the car was written off
bottom end has been split and checked and is fine but it would need new shells as the originals got binned as they were next to a pile of parts that i told the pikeys they could have

a good condition head was serviced with stem seals valves laped ect same time as the above was reconed done as many miles

an xe block converted to let its the one that was fitted to my 4x4 nova and only done 1200 miles before it got striped to be converted to 4x4.
very good standard pistons rods light crank oil pump ect again needs shells then its a complete short block again

ported coscast head again of my 4x4 and same milage had 16 new valves reshaped combustion chambers ect ect

inlets top hats looms ecu's ect only thing i havent got is a working k16 turbo

so to some up i have 2 real good nick c20let engines complete minus turbos that need building back up

now the reason for this thread is im curious as to what that lots worth and how much its worth to shift in a week? what i mean is to shift it quick its got to be cheap but how cheap? reason beeing is because im considering buying the long block from j600st for the 4x4 instead of building mine up as that one is already proven at the power im after and still has room for improvement. also to get mine to be reliable at the same spec of power its going to cost me more to build than it is to buy his.
The problem begins the price its at its not going to be about for long and i have no real spare cash without shifting what i have already collected

this is a serious thread so please no i will give you 50 p for the lot posts

would 2k for the lot be to much for a week turn around?

Plug
23-10-10, 04:05 AM
for a quick sale i would say £1500,

bmw156
23-10-10, 05:15 AM
agreed^

ste porter
23-10-10, 05:22 AM
i was kinda thinking that but would like to keep my coscast head for that sort of money but i surpose we cant have it all

bmw156
23-10-10, 08:57 AM
when you want rid quickly. things have to be low priced.

have you not got another GM head you can chuck in etc to keep the coscast

ste porter
23-10-10, 04:05 PM
yeah i have i have got about 6 xe heads but i have only got 2 proper let ones with sodium filled valves

djbrowney
23-10-10, 06:50 PM
Xe and let valves are the same

you wonna be binning of the wossner pistons aswel they slap worse than a prozzy's piss flaps :(

edit didn't realize you were selling and not buying lol

Lee H
23-10-10, 11:30 PM
yeah i have i have got about 6 xe heads but i have only got 2 proper let ones with sodium filled valves

All XE/LET heads have sodium filled valves if they are still the original ones they came from Vauxhall with.

ste porter
24-10-10, 03:30 AM
im sure it was only lets that had sodium filled exhaust valves thats why when i ordered them the guy gave me a different part number for the let valves and why they were 11 quid a valve dearer than standard xe ones

as for woosners they only slap if the block is machined to the same bore as a normal piston woosners are designed to run a tighter tollerence than most pistons something to do with the skirt or coating or something so if its been machined for the specs of a standard piston its like fitting it to an excessivly worn bore hense the slap
also hence the rep but its not due to the parts it due to the lack of knowledge from the guys fitting them

ste porter
24-10-10, 03:37 AM
any decent engine builder will tell you every manufacture and every range they produce will require different bore clearance to another where 2tho may be adaqate for one type it may be to tight or slack for another
it may run ok and show no syptoms but it doesnt mean its right

any way were of topic

philip
24-10-10, 07:15 AM
i was 99% sure the wossners run a much larger piston-bore clearance than any other type like the omega's, cp, accralie, je's etc.

but as for the LETs, sahem you havent got bearings in the wossner'd block as that would sell quicker but may put someone who isnt quite confident enough to fit the bearings off. but id say £1000 for quick on that and maybe £600-800 on the other if its had the head ported too. but ive sen a couple of LETs going cheap cheap and not shifted so may have to drop down on prices.

good look matey, chris's motors tidy.

ste porter
24-10-10, 12:13 PM
i was 99% sure the wossners run a much larger piston-bore clearance than any other type like the omega's, cp, accralie, je's etc.

depends on type ect
woosners run an undersize piston for an exact bore rather than an exact piston and oversize bore if you get me not all pistons do some do others dont and thats what i was getting at.
They have a Moly coated skirt to aid lubrication and keep piston noise to minimum which alot have a standard o.e spec coating which doesnt act in the same way.
the block i have was machined and built by anderson racing down the road in northampton and are one of the few stockists for woosners in the country so i trust what they say about there product in the way it works and thats why the guy that had the block built payed thousands and had the lot done with them.

i know what your saying with the shells mate but chances are if your buying a block i would exspect you to be compatant enough to fit shells but that said i surpose it would put me of in regards to spending more on one you havent got to touch

to be honest though i think im going to leave the whole idea as just an idea to be honest as im never going to shift the lot in a week and i dont want to sell half be stuck with half and not be able to aford the other setup or im up the creek!