PDA

View Full Version : Local boy racers

Ernie
23-10-10, 01:01 AM
Well before anybody says its not big and its not clever to race then hear me out first.Ive just got back home from a party and on the way home there was 2 of the local crusers driving down a duel carriageway at about 20mph. Now this went on for about 2 miles. By now i was getting a bit pee'd off but knew it was going into 3 lanes soon.
As it gets to the 3 lane bit and i pull into the 3rd lane to overtake the 2 corsa's (gsi & sport)put there foot down so i do the same and my rex just buggers off on them.
Happy days.
Now here is the best bit as they pull up next to me at the end of the road they look over to find me and Elsie dressed up as Drakula and his bride (we had just come back from a early Halloween party).We where both sat there with fake blood down are faces and full outfits cape and all.
The look on there faces was priceless as we pulled away from the roundabout.
We didnt see them again after that.

Danb1987
23-10-10, 01:10 AM
Hahaa I can actually imagine seeing this lol Quality!!!

gazz
23-10-10, 01:14 AM
Quality, lol lol

Royston
23-10-10, 08:27 AM
I never knew that Dracula used a CRX as his personal transportlol

I bet their faces were a picturelol

Ernie
23-10-10, 08:50 AM
it was priceless lol

mk1nova_rich
23-10-10, 08:54 AM
brilliant lol

mowgli
23-10-10, 09:02 AM
i bet one of them said to the other 'look at that count in that honda'

Ernie
23-10-10, 09:05 AM
i bet one of them said to the other 'look at that count in that honda'

Oh dear i will fetch your coat lol

Royston
23-10-10, 09:05 AM
This just reminded me of a VW scirroco that iskicking round our way, it is immaculate in black, with Gothic style airbrushed murals, complete with hearse type roof rack:wtf:

Unfortunately I don't have any pics:(

dave beety
23-10-10, 09:32 AM
it sounds funny lol

Rickyb
23-10-10, 01:17 PM
comical have some rep.

Jack
23-10-10, 01:28 PM
There's a load of neds round here recently that think its the done thing to overtake on turning lanes, hatched areas etc. Yet they're all in relatively standard cars, the odd one with gayhat stickers. In fact most of them seem to be in Vauxhalls actually lol

mowgli
23-10-10, 06:18 PM
in my misspent youth, if it was paved, it'd do...

Ernie
24-10-10, 11:09 PM
lol

Mike
24-10-10, 11:13 PM
Aye theres loads of neds round here with illegal conversions into Rover 25/200. 1.8 Twin cam Honda motors in them all. They all know the crack that im building something as they come past quite slow & boot it when Im working on it. Once its built it'll be smoke 'em time I think lol

MK1_Ben
25-10-10, 08:00 AM
Aye theres loads of neds round here with illegal conversions into Rover 25/200. 1.8 Twin cam Honda motors in them all.

Are you sure it isn't the 2.0L T16 Turbo conversions they do from the Rover Coupe? Can be done for £500 or less depending on the Donor car, which is what they all seem to do.

mowgli
25-10-10, 08:55 AM
they just stick big k series into metros round here..... then drop the fluid out to lower them innit

MK1_Ben
25-10-10, 08:56 AM
Ahh, things like the 1.8VVC. 143bhp into a Metro :)

Gorgeous
25-10-10, 10:37 AM
happy with that :)

GRUNT 16V
25-10-10, 10:39 AM
lol

Mike
25-10-10, 01:39 PM
Are you sure it isn't the 2.0L T16 Turbo conversions they do from the Rover Coupe? Can be done for £500 or less depending on the Donor car, which is what they all seem to do.

Definetly not the Turbo motors, I know the lad who's built 3 of them & sold them to the local chavvers, there all N/A motors.

Spudly
25-10-10, 08:09 PM
Ahh, things like the 1.8VVC. 143bhp into a Metro :)

Aye there was a tickled up one of those round here a few years back, owned by a guy named 'Guy' amusingly enough, went like stink and used to push skylines and scoobies, much to their dismay lol

tony k
26-10-10, 08:33 AM
ah quality mate,bet they got scared lol,just reminds me of jonh candy and steve martin in trains plans and automobiles lol

Ernie
26-10-10, 08:44 AM
class film.

tony k
26-10-10, 08:48 AM
class film.

one film i never get bored of lol,hows things mate,hope all is well

Ernie
26-10-10, 08:57 AM
not bad but still looking for better work...

tony k
26-10-10, 09:01 AM
not bad but still looking for better work...

same as me mate,nothing good around at the mo

MK999
26-10-10, 09:03 AM
Aye theres loads of neds round here with illegal conversions into Rover 25/200. 1.8 Twin cam Honda motors in them all. They all know the crack that im building something as they come past quite slow & boot it when Im working on it. Once its built it'll be smoke 'em time I think lol

You've probably been confused by someone blagging that the K series was designed by Honda Mike, as at that point Honda/Rover were sharing info's and some parts etc... they generally chuck the 1.8 K series in them.

Jack
26-10-10, 09:43 AM
as at that point Honda/Rover were sharing info's and some parts etc
Rover: HALP our cars are crap
Honda: Make good ones then.
Rover: Ok, good idea!
<Rover trundles off>
<Rover comes back>
Rover: HALP can't make good cars!
Honda: Sigh. Here, have some bits.

MK999
26-10-10, 09:50 AM
Rover: HALP our cars are crap
Honda: Make good ones then.
Rover: Ok, good idea!
<Rover trundles off>
<Rover comes back>
Rover: HALP can't make good cars!
Honda: Sigh. Here, have some bits.

Actually Honda wanted the metro/rover 100 to sell in Japan or something, and they shared info on manufacturing techniques etc including the upside down aluminium casting technique used on the K series, which was actually first used by Cosworth.

Rover then used this pretty awesome technique to blow around 30 billion headgaskets over the next 20 years.

mowgli
26-10-10, 09:57 AM
as the old boxy 216 used a honda engine & box, and the underpinnings of the 200/25 series are based on the old 200, and the fact that mike knows what he's on about, i reckon you could get a bigger honda lump into one...

Sloth
26-10-10, 09:58 AM
Aye there was a tickled up one of those round here a few years back, owned by a guy named 'Guy' amusingly enough, went like stink and used to push skylines and scoobies, much to their dismay lol

he later had another with a 1.8 kseries turbo in it from a 75. hybrid turbo and huge fmic, saw 300bhp on stock internals. it ran at york one when i was there, 12.3 sec pass.....:thumb:

Sloth
26-10-10, 10:02 AM
Actually Honda wanted the metro/rover 100 to sell in Japan or something, and they shared info on manufacturing techniques etc including the upside down aluminium casting technique used on the K series, which was actually first used by Cosworth.

Rover then used this pretty awesome technique to blow around 30 billion headgaskets over the next 20 years.

ahhh the "its all designed wrong hence why the gaskets go" story.

utter b/s, the k series is/was one of the mosty advanced engines of its time. all alloy, low water content, 1400cc 16v belt driven producing 103bhp, designed in 1986. nothing else was close. if i was still fannying with cars, a minimetro in orange with a 1.8 turbo would be high on my list.

mowgli
26-10-10, 10:07 AM
the inlet manifold o rings were made of the wrong materials, simple as that.... with the unbelievably small qty of coolant needed, they only need to leak a small amount to make it go bang.... in the early eighties, ford came sniffing to buy ARG & all the k series stuff was wheeled out of the factory & hidden in garden sheds (ealing comedy style) to prevent ford from getting it at a knock down price!!!!!

MK999
26-10-10, 10:07 AM
I'm quite aware of how it was designed having done a 20 page write up on it in my first year of uni and having seen the SAE papers from the original designers on it.

However it's success was it's downfall, as they were that impressed with the prototypes they made a couple of changes to it so it could take over the role of a 1.8 from the current engine that they were planning to use at the same time as the k series, and replace with a different design later. These changes in the geometry of the engine meant there was more flex induced in the block, and it resulted in it wearing through gaskets faster.