PDA

View Full Version : Tilt and slide

General Lee
21-10-10, 11:26 AM
Hey,

Anybody taken there tilt and slide sunroof out i mean completley surrounding metal an all so just a hole in the roof.

Reason being i am getting a roll cage for my nova and it's for a non sunroof and i am not cutting the rollcage legs. So the car has to suffer the grinder.

I am going to replace the hole with some sort of seal and polycarbonate.

Just asking if anybody on here has attempted this or not?

Cheers
nath

MattBrown
21-10-10, 01:26 PM
You would be better getting a non sunroof roof skin.

Its alot better to this, rather than put a sealed in piece of perspex:thumb:

bazil
21-10-10, 03:08 PM
Yup took mine out, damn heavy too.

If you are taking it out I've put a guide in articles of how to remove the headlining, it doesn't cover taking the sunroof out but it's a simple job, unplug the 4 drain pipes ( 1 at each corner ) then undo all the small bolts around the edge of the cassette, I done it on my own but it would be far easier if someone gives you a hand.

If you do remove it can I have the small White plastic clip on it please that holds the headlining support bar?

Click this link, at the bottom of the page you'll see mine removed,
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140769&page=15

General Lee
22-10-10, 11:35 AM
Yup took mine out, damn heavy too.

If you are taking it out I've put a guide in articles of how to remove the headlining, it doesn't cover taking the sunroof out but it's a simple job, unplug the 4 drain pipes ( 1 at each corner ) then undo all the small bolts around the edge of the cassette, I done it on my own but it would be far easier if someone gives you a hand.

If you do remove it can I have the small White plastic clip on it please that holds the headlining support bar?

Click this link, at the bottom of the page you'll see mine removed,
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140769&page=15
Already read your article. Cheers

I'll see if i can get it out with out damaging it, and i'll pm you.

Pistol Pete
22-10-10, 03:34 PM
Way too much work to change the roof skin IMO. And can be a tricky job. A panel riveted and sealed will do. Do it right and neatly, will look fine. Or maybe a sheet of CF for ultimate cool points lol