PDA

View Full Version : the cold thread!

Alex J
21-10-10, 08:41 AM
woke up this morning to the first frost of the year, i hate winter! -1 degree last nite! (not that cold, but man i feel it) any snow yet anywhere??

draper
21-10-10, 08:58 AM
man up lol

was 1 thismorning when i went out for breakfast (in a tshirt lol)

tony k
21-10-10, 09:01 AM
was cold when i got out to warm the car up was 1 degree,that was at half 7 this morning,would be colder where you are alex,your nearer to the sea lol

i love the winter my time of year

Alex J
21-10-10, 09:05 AM
was cold when i got out to warm the car up was 1 degree,that was at half 7 this morning,would be colder where you are alex,your nearer to the sea lol

i love the winter my time of yeari want summer back already:(

tony k
21-10-10, 09:08 AM
i want summer back already:(

cant stand the sun,i like to hibernate and sit with my aircon on in my house lol

Alex J
21-10-10, 09:15 AM
nothing better than a bbq and a nice cold drink in the sun, i hate sitting in, went down the chicken coop with paul last nite to paint the underside of the new nova track rat, had about 5 layers on ,and was still cold!! roll on may time:cool:

Stuart
21-10-10, 09:18 AM
hactually it should be warmer near the sea ;)

Had a practice frost yesterday, but the main event today... damn I need the vx writing off so I can get a gay little ecobox thats warm

Alex J
21-10-10, 09:20 AM
hactually it should be warmer near the sea ;)

Had a practice frost yesterday, but the main event today... damn I need the vx writing off so I can get a gay little ecobox thats warmbring it round, i have an axe i can lend you!!lol

tony k
21-10-10, 09:37 AM
nothing better than a bbq and a nice cold drink in the sun, i hate sitting in, went down the chicken coop with paul last nite to paint the underside of the new nova track rat, had about 5 layers on ,and was still cold!! roll on may time:cool:

do love a cold beer in the sun,but im not a fan of the heat,get some gas heaters in the chicken coop,saying that might smell on sinjet lol

Tanya.
21-10-10, 09:54 AM
I love the winter but I dislike it when it turns icy..My balance is appalling at the best of the times lol

Hoochie
21-10-10, 09:59 AM
It's brass monkeys here...........i hate the winter. :(

Sloth
21-10-10, 10:06 AM
still warm here, norferners dont complain till its -45deg.....

i only put my harrington jacket on to go to work i this morning. was going in just my t shirt and trousers till today!

Jack
21-10-10, 11:01 AM
Nipply this morning. Had to chisel some ice off the windscreen (my RAC card has its uses lol)

I prefer cold to hot, as its easier to warm up than it is to cool off. And winter is a perfect time for BBQs :d

Stuart
21-10-10, 01:06 PM
Winter BBQ's are ace!

pikey1986
21-10-10, 02:25 PM
it fecking freezing here, was about -2 this morning at 430 when i set off for work but yesterday was worse i had to scrape ice instead of frost

ive also discovered that i need to give me astra a decent service and a new battery:mad:

mowgli
21-10-10, 02:30 PM
important tip............

DO NOT USE A SCRAPER OR DEICER....

run some warm water from a tap into a plastic milk bottle, walk to the car & pour it on the screen, then get the wipers going. 10 second startup

AND NO IT WON'T CRACK THE SCREEN......think about it, you put your heater on and that doesn't crack it....

Stuart
21-10-10, 02:33 PM
but Gavin from autoglass said... lol

Oh, All those with a MK4 astra, be careful about frozen handbrake cables lol

mowgli
21-10-10, 02:34 PM
i'd like to meet this Gavin.....i've got something to tell him

Stuart
21-10-10, 02:36 PM
I'd inject some special resin in his crack... erm

Ernie
21-10-10, 02:36 PM
Tell me about it.The coupe was fun in winter last year so going to remind her to leave it parked in gear with the hand brake off this time.

Stuart
21-10-10, 02:39 PM
Tell me about it.The coupe was fun in winter last year so going to remind her to leave it parked in gear with the hand brake off this time.

Just remind her to take it out of gear on startup!!!! Carly managed to make ours eat nextdoors fence on the starter lol

Jack
21-10-10, 02:55 PM
Hayley jumped her car down the road once before because I'd parked it in gear (on a hill). I always start a car with the clutch down, force of habit

Usually do it if the car is on a hill. The nova sits outside in reverse with the wheels pointing inwards as well.

As for the scraping, I tried the warm water before and it just froze up again lol Might go back to doing that seen as its just frost at the moment though.

mowgli
21-10-10, 02:56 PM
i believe it is law to park a car in gear, incase the handbrake fails.... my missus also has done the kangaroo down the road........

draper
21-10-10, 02:56 PM
Hayley jumped her car down the road once before because I'd parked it in gear (on a hill). I always start a car with the clutch down, force of habit

same here but i also always knock it into neutral by habit aswell

mowgli
21-10-10, 03:01 PM
just remembered this pearl...

my brother's sister-in-law worked at a place with a locked staff car park. one day last winter, they were leaving & it was dark & had been a frost. she offered to de-ice everyones car. she reached under the drivers seat & pulled out the aerosol can. sprayed every car & then went back inside for a cuppa. the first one to leave came running back in...'some bloody vandal has painted all of our cars', so they rush outside & sure enough every car had a big Z of blue paint on it... so they cleaned it off quick & one of them called the police.... only later did annette realise she'd used a can of touch up paint to do the windows.. she never told her workmates.

draper
21-10-10, 03:02 PM
just remembered this pearl...

my brother's sister-in-law worked at a place with a locked staff car park. one day last winter, they were leaving & it was dark & had been a frost. she offered to de-ice everyones car. she reached under the drivers seat & pulled out the aerosol can. sprayed every car & then went back inside for a cuppa. the first one to leave came running back in...'some bloody vandal has painted all of our cars', so they rush outside & sure enough every car had a big Z of blue paint on it... so they cleaned it off quick & one of them called the police.... only later did annette realise she'd used a can of touch up paint to do the windows.. she never told her workmates.

thats ace lol

L14MNP
21-10-10, 03:12 PM
Dozy bint. lol

I'm guessing the other workers were also female or gay males. Having offered to de-ce you'd think someone would put two and two together and realise Annette had dropped the (snow) ball.

mowgli
21-10-10, 03:14 PM
doctors surgery receptionists, so full marks go to mr L14MNP

L14MNP
21-10-10, 03:18 PM
Pics of Annette?

I wonder why I keep missing out letters whenever I reply on forums of late. :/

mowgli
21-10-10, 03:19 PM
annette is a grandmother, and i'm not sticking a photo on here.... my green rep is far too important to me......

L14MNP
21-10-10, 03:26 PM
lol Fair.

http://img.maniadb.com/images/album/307/307722_1_f.jpg

Boomin granny FTW.

L14MNP
21-10-10, 03:27 PM
Double post.

Connectiown3d. :(

Hoochie
21-10-10, 03:45 PM
i believe it is law to park a car in gear, incase the handbrake fails.... my missus also has done the kangaroo down the road........

Sturge always parks cars in gear, whether it's mine or one of his, it's habit for me to dip the clutch and check its in neutral before i start my car...:)
The only annoying thing is......he's about 9 inches taller than me and he NEVER puts my seat back how he found it after using my car!... :roll:

Sloth
21-10-10, 03:49 PM
mowgli - gilf?

li4monade- i keep doing that too, missing letters

Andy
21-10-10, 04:19 PM
meh at the cold,we had snowfall here yesterday morning,no pics as i was 20miles away,happy as larry window cleaning in my underpants

Adam
21-10-10, 04:43 PM
AND NO IT WON'T CRACK THE SCREEN......think about it, you put your heater on and that doesn't crack it....
Heaters dont defrost your window in half a second though lol lol

Had frost here last night and night before, was -1 when i went out at 5am :cry:

And whats this about Mk4's handbrake cables? lol

Rysee
21-10-10, 05:04 PM
This winter I am mostly looking forward to not scraping both outside and inside my Nova

Jack
21-10-10, 05:11 PM
happy as larry window cleaning in my underpants
:wtf:

Stuart
21-10-10, 05:12 PM
Heaters dont defrost your window in half a second though lol lol

Had frost here last night and night before, was -1 when i went out at 5am :cry:

And whats this about Mk4's handbrake cables? lol

They have a nasty habbit of freezing solid in the state youl eave them in.... eg usually frozen ON lol

grooge
21-10-10, 05:27 PM
was -4 when i was out doing deliveries yesterday morning. the cold doesnt bother me much aslong as its not just as cold as last winter.
the milk i was delivering would start freexing in the time it took to move it from a heated unit into the van. and would continue to freeze until they were completely solid and that was with the heaters on full blast.
you could hear the glass bottles cracking as the milk expanded inside them!

bazil
21-10-10, 05:29 PM
:cry: my threads been stolen :(

Hoochie
21-10-10, 05:29 PM
was -4 when i was out doing deliveries yesterday morning. the cold doesnt bother me much aslong as its not just as cold as last winter.
the milk i was delivering would start freexing in the time it took to move it from a heated unit into the van. and would continue to freeze until they were completely solid and that was with the heaters on full blast.
you could hear the glass bottles cracking as the milk expanded inside them!

Goodness...i didn't even realise you could still get milk in glass bottles...:)

Spudly
21-10-10, 06:15 PM

run some warm water from a tap into a plastic milk bottle, walk to the car & pour it on the screen, then get the wipers going. 10 second startup

No more than lukewarm water or you may crack the screen dependant on how cold it is outside, and err do you sit and wait till your engine is at running temp before turning your blowers on?

No you dont, you turn them on and they blow cold and gradually warm up and the screen warms up gradually too, hence no crackage, if you left your screen frozen over and let the heaters get to full temp then bang em on full you might risk cracking the screen like in the advert but i dont know anyone that does that:p

Yorkie
21-10-10, 06:23 PM
Would be nice to go australia over the winter, have Christmas dinner cooked on a bbq next to the sea :) sounds my kind of christmas. Bbq turky and pigs in blankets, yum yum.

Sloth
21-10-10, 06:24 PM
also if you have a chip it will go bang

Alex J
21-10-10, 06:26 PM

AND NO IT WON'T CRACK THE SCREEN......think about it, you put your heater on and that doesn't crack it....is this a joke? or the most stupid thing ive ever read on the net:wtf:

mowgli
21-10-10, 06:26 PM

bollards. we've only been defrosting cars, pickups, tractors, diggers,& lorries for the last 25 odd years & never had one go.

Yorkie
21-10-10, 06:28 PM
bollards. we've only been defrosting cars, pickups, tractors, diggers,& lorries for the last 25 odd years & never had one go.

Maybe it will maybe it wont... wouldnt want to try it, its a bit hard finding windscreen that are decent for novas, even in the scrappys

Hoochie
21-10-10, 06:29 PM

I have a chip in my windscreen..... according to them at autoglass, its not big enough to repair ( size of a match head or smaller):confused:

Alex J
21-10-10, 06:30 PM
I have a chip in my windscreen..... according to them at autoglass, its not big enough to repair ( size of a match head or smaller):confused:pour hot water on it and wait for the BANGlol

mowgli
21-10-10, 06:30 PM
No more than lukewarm water or you may crack the screen dependant on how cold it is outside, and err do you sit and wait till your engine is at running temp before turning your blowers on?

No you dont, you turn them on and they blow cold and gradually warm up and the screen warms up gradually too, hence no crackage, if you left your screen frozen over and let the heaters get to full temp then bang em on full you might risk cracking the screen like in the advert but i dont know anyone that does that:p

heated window elements don't crack the glass.....

and i regularly wait for a vehicle to warm up before turning on the blower. and i still haven't managed to make one crack.. and we use tap warm water, not boiling kettle water.......

it is on the windscreen for a couple of seconds at most & it melts the ice & then the wipers get rid of it before it refreezes, it doesn't try to warm the glass up..

i'll carry on doing it with people telling me i'm wrong... i'm used to it now

Yorkie
21-10-10, 06:32 PM
heated window elements don't crack the glass.....

and i regularly wait for a vehicle to warm up before turning on the blower. and i still haven't managed to make one crack.. and we use tap warm water, not boiling kettle water.......

it is on the windscreen for a couple of seconds at most & it melts the ice & then the wipers get rid of it before it refreezes, it doesn't try to warm the glass up..

i'll carry on doing it with people telling me i'm wrong... i'm used to it now

o well even i do that, i thought you ment hot boiled water you used lol

mowgli
21-10-10, 06:34 PM
is this a joke? or the most stupid thing ive ever read on the net:wtf:

this is rich......lol

mowgli
21-10-10, 06:36 PM
o well even i do that, i thought you ment hot boiled water you used lol

read my first post... tap water...

Alex J
21-10-10, 06:36 PM
this is rich......lolstatement stands, first head skimming is a myth, now poor hot water on a frozen screen, what a load of old tripe!

Hoochie
21-10-10, 06:38 PM
pour hot water on it and wait for the BANGlol

Noooooooooooo....... because then i would be forced to use one of the novas..;)

Cle
21-10-10, 06:41 PM
On way home from work yesterday night we drove through a blizard i would have pics but dont have a camera phone.

mowgli
21-10-10, 06:41 PM
statement stands, first head skimming is a myth, now poor hot water on a frozen screen, what a load of old tripe!

i said head skimming isn't needed 99% of the time, but garages love to charge for doing it & making more money....simple as that....

and i must be wrong to use warm tap water to clear ice, because i've only been doing it for 25 years..... i suggest you try to de-ice a scania windscreen at 4am with a can of de-icer by the time you've got to the other side, the first side is refrozen because the deicer has evaporated....you'll soon find that 4 pints of warm water is far more effective.

i keep saying WARM water, not HOT, not BOILING, i think png should get an optician to offer discounts.....

mowgli
21-10-10, 06:43 PM
next time i get a frosted screen, i'll film it & post it up for people to insult me over.... can't say fairer than that....

Yorkie
21-10-10, 06:43 PM
read my first post... tap water...

i did read, but i was skimming because there was so many pages to read, my apoligies :P

Alex J
21-10-10, 06:45 PM
i said head skimming isn't needed 99% of the time, but garages love to charge for doing it & making more money....simple as that....

and i must be wrong to use warm tap water to clear ice, because i've only been doing it for 25 years..... i suggest you try to de-ice a scania windscreen at 4am with a can of de-icer by the time you've got to the other side, the first side is refrozen because the deicer has evaporated....you'll soon find that 4 pints of warm water is far more effective.

i keep saying WARM water, not HOT, not BOILING, i think png should get an optician to offer discounts.....i hope people dont take yor advice, as there would be loads of cars broken down with bodge job headgaskets and and blown screens from chucking hot water on them!! what next? cant waitlol

mowgli
21-10-10, 06:49 PM
you really need your eyes testing......WARMwater..........

please explain to me why you should skim every single head.............in your own words, without one of the LET owners helping you............

Alex J
21-10-10, 06:54 PM
your talking rubbish! steve told you aswell!! stop digging a hole and pipe down, warm water will smash a screen. fact!!, so you can get down from your small pony now!!! just because your old dont make you right!

Sloth
21-10-10, 06:57 PM
ive had 2 go with a chip and my dad had a heated focus screen go due to the chip in it.

Alex J
21-10-10, 06:58 PM
ive had 2 go with a chip and my dad had a heated focus screen go due to the chip in it.thank you rob!!

Rysee
21-10-10, 06:59 PM
I use warm water too I've never broken a screen. I have watched a chip become a full screen crack in seconds with the blowers on though

Hoochie
21-10-10, 07:03 PM
your talking rubbish! steve told you aswell!! stop digging a hole and pipe down, warm water will smash a screen. fact!!, so you can get down from your small pony now!!! just because your old dont make you right!
Hate to piss on your bonfire but i have used WARM water plenty of times, many a cold morning i've gone out with the kettle ( containing WARM water) to defrost my car and every car i've owned, never smashed a screen yet.

mowgli
21-10-10, 07:05 PM

i've been wrong for 25 years them, i apologise, and i will go away and have a large horlicks to help me sleep tonight, then i'll be wrong again tomorrow....

and if i ever find someone who owns a vehicle that i swapped the head gasket on & it failed, i will apologise publically to them, but so far, it hasn't happened.....and if it does, i'll let you know.

Alex J
21-10-10, 07:07 PM
i've been wrong for 25 years them, i apologise, and i will go away and have a large horlicks to help me sleep tonight, then i'll be wrong again tomorrow....

and if i ever find someone who owns a vehicle that i swapped the head gasket on & it failed, i will apologise publically to them, but so far, it hasn't happened.....and if it does, i'll let you know.crack on!!

Alex J
21-10-10, 07:11 PM
Hate to piss on your bonfire but i have used WARM water plenty of times, many a cold morning i've gone out with the kettle ( containing WARM water) to defrost my car and every car i've owned, never smashed a screen yet.your time will comelol

Yorkie
21-10-10, 07:15 PM
Someone needs to breack the ice on this thread lol

Alex J
21-10-10, 07:18 PM
Someone needs to breack the ice on this thread lolchuck some hot water on it, that should be a good cracklol

andy_mk3
21-10-10, 07:26 PM
Last year I went out on a break-down, as I was rooting through the boot of the car to get the tow eye, the bloke comes out with a kettle of boiling water... *CRACK* ooops lol

Paul
21-10-10, 07:26 PM
Hot water- free and easy
De-icer- expensive and easy
Scraper- LOL no chance

mowgli
21-10-10, 07:27 PM
finally proof that it only happens with boiling water!!!!!!!!!! and i bet he stood there saying that never happened before..............

Paul
21-10-10, 07:28 PM
Just dont use cold water makes it worse!

Alex J
21-10-10, 07:33 PM
Just dont use cold water makes it worse!paul , if it was your OWN car would you chuck it on, or do you do it because its just a work van and your lazy and dont care if its blows up!!lol

Paul
21-10-10, 07:35 PM
Own car tend not to use in the ice, use the van! My car gets de-icered tho ...

Jon_nova1
21-10-10, 07:43 PM
I put warm water on my screen all last winter, because it was a banger i didn't care, even threw some salt in with it lol

stupot89
21-10-10, 07:49 PM

i keep saying WARM water, not HOT, not BOILING, i think png should get an optician to offer discounts.....

2 words for de-icing a scania night heater on warms the cab melts the ice and you have a nice warm cab to get into:thumb:

John
21-10-10, 09:30 PM
I always use warm tap water and have never cracked a screen yet.

Maris what's your beef with mowgers!! You are an angry chap aren't you lol

John
21-10-10, 09:31 PM
Hot water- free and easy
De-icer- expensive and easy
Scraper- LOL no chance

lol

MK999
21-10-10, 10:04 PM
Right, screens crack because the bit you heat expands more than the surrounding, causes pressure and it breaks under the stress, same as anything, do it with steel if you try hard enough. So, boiling water will probably do it, frozen water will not obviously, there is a temperature that will do it, depending on how cold the screen is, how hot the liquid, how fast it heats etc etc.

Basically depending on your perception of 'warm' it's risky, or not.

edit: The reason its always widely published not to use warm water is there's retards about that think if warm water does it mcdonalds/the burger van etc coffee/tea levels of heat will do it that much quicker.

Nova_Tek
21-10-10, 10:15 PM
Not been too cold down here it's about 5deg tonight. But have a feeling winter will be a great opportunity to test the new heated screen :D

Feeling the cold a bit more this year though as I was in Cyprus for quite a while and got used to 40+ deg in the sun. It also actually hit 47.2deg in the shade. I'll soon get used to it. I do like winter as well as summer. Summer is much nicer to work on cars and keep 'em clean but winter is nice as I like just chilling indoors and the fact that it gets dark early. Driving at night is more fun :)

Mike
21-10-10, 10:30 PM
Meh my windscreens already shattered anyway.

This time of year rocks, cant see why your all moaning at minus small figures..... few years ago I was working outdoors in upto minus 13 during the nights over winter. That is cold. This is just mediocre.

mowgli
22-10-10, 07:51 AM
2 words for de-icing a scania night heater on warms the cab melts the ice and you have a nice warm cab to get into:thumb:

and day cab scanias don't have them.............

Hoochie
22-10-10, 08:15 AM
your time will comelol

Pfffttttttttt!!..:d

mowgli
22-10-10, 08:17 AM
Meh my windscreens already shattered anyway.

This time of year rocks, cant see why your all moaning at minus small figures..... few years ago I was working outdoors in upto minus 13 during the nights over winter. That is cold. This is just mediocre.

i bet your roller froze solid, or were you painting that fast that it kept warm???lol

Cle
22-10-10, 08:03 PM
snow pics will be up soon as i can be bothered taking some

Pistol Pete
22-10-10, 08:17 PM
Never, ever had a problem with using warm water. Gave up with de-icer crap years ago. Got a scraper aswell.

As for...

ive had 2 go with a chip and my dad had a heated focus screen go due to the chip in it.
The chip will be a weak point. No wonder they went.

Southie
22-10-10, 08:31 PM
I usually pee in a bottle, it's relieving and not boiling so won't crack my window lol

I usually just fill the kettle with warn water out the tap in a morning before setting off, also get the car warmed up so I'm snug, usually late for work cause my heaters a shiit lol

andy_mk3
22-10-10, 08:34 PM
I usually pee in a bottle, it's relieving and not boiling so won't crack my window lol

I usually just fill the kettle with warn water out the tap in a morning before setting off, also get the car warmed up so I'm snug, usually late for work cause my heaters a shiit lol

lollol

My car gets up to temp within a 2 miles of driving, nice and got too with a new stat in!

mowgli
24-10-10, 11:39 AM
lollol

My car gets up to temp within a 2 miles of driving, nice and got too with a new stat in!

so are you saying that you are one of those people that drives along with ice on the screen until it clears?

Mike
24-10-10, 11:42 AM
so are you saying that you are one of those people that drives along with ice on the screen until it clears?

lol my old black nova used to freeze up on the inside, the amount of times I drove that with a frozen screen lol lol

L14MNP
24-10-10, 12:31 PM
I had to p!ss on the handles/door shuts a couple of times last year. lol

My Poundland lock defroster element thing worked great - except it's the handle itself that freezes. Apparently gun oil is required.

mowgli
24-10-10, 12:57 PM
the other thing is.... don't use wd40 to lubricate locks... it clears the grease out & the lock then seizes

Mike
24-10-10, 01:43 PM
Deicer in the lock FTW lol unless you own an MR2, then you have to deicer the door seal around the glass just to get in :S

mowgli
24-10-10, 01:49 PM
polish driver told me to put petroleum jelly on the black door rubbers... they have proper winters...

andy_mk3
24-10-10, 02:02 PM

Where the **** did I mention that I did that?!

mowgli
24-10-10, 02:47 PM
so you're not then, thats good.

Royston
24-10-10, 03:15 PM
My old Range Rover Classic has a heated front screen.

Shame the heated front seat doesn't work:roll: , but the passengers does:mad:

Need to get the chunky tyres out soon, as there's a nip in the air, the road outside my place has been gritted a couple of times already:(

Alex J
24-10-10, 04:12 PM
My old Range Rover Classic has a heated front screen.

Shame the heated front seat doesn't work:roll: , but the passengers does:mad:

Need to get the chunky tyres out soon, as there's a nip in the air, the road outside my place has been gritted a couple of times already:(bring on the dirty roads, as more work for me:d

Cle
25-10-10, 06:33 PM
On the way to work this morning :)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f66/Cle_555/DSC04701.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f66/Cle_555/DSC04700.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f66/Cle_555/DSC04699.jpg

Rich
25-10-10, 06:47 PM
i always put warm water over my screen then turn the wipers on constant while i run the car. as long as its just warmer than the ice it will clear it

Hobbit
26-10-10, 01:21 AM
Had my first frost last night

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p72/wiggardywoo/frostymeg.jpg

now bring on the snow so I can play :)

Ernie
26-10-10, 08:56 AM
whats the best way to warm up the handle on my garage door as that was a little cold the other day when i had to get the car out..

Alex J
26-10-10, 09:07 AM
whats the best way to warm up the handle on my garage door as that was a little cold the other day when i had to get the car out..get an electric garage door!! dont even have to get out to open it!!!lol

Ernie
26-10-10, 09:11 AM
get an electric garage door!! dont even have to get out to open it!!!lol

If i had electric in a garage around my way there would be squatters in it by the morning lol.

Sloth
26-10-10, 09:39 AM
hire a squatter to open it for you?

mowgli
26-10-10, 09:53 AM
whats the best way to warm up the handle on my garage door as that was a little cold the other day when i had to get the car out..

pour warm water on it!!!!!

Sloth
26-10-10, 10:07 AM
nah pour scalding hot water on it, wd40 it, it wont seize honest, and then axe it off. job jobbed.

jk

mowgli
26-10-10, 10:08 AM
leave the door open

Alex J
26-10-10, 10:18 AM
nah pour scalding hot water on it, wd40 it, it wont seize honest, and then axe it off. job jobbed.

jkjust set it on fire, warm untill its burnt to the ground, then you dont have to open it atall, win:d

mowgli
26-10-10, 11:04 AM
my nextdoor but one neighbour came round to my place in a panic... 'my engine donor is unlocked but in my locked garage & all my keys are still in it. is there any way you could break some concrete round the bottom bolt so we can lever the garage door off......'

so i strolled round with 1. paint scraper, 1 screwdriver & 2 beers....
popped the bolt over the padlock, put the scraper in on the top latch & opened the door.......he was mortified that i broke in in 2 seconds...with no signs of damage. not that i would have stolen a bodykitted calibra with the keys in it.

tony k
26-10-10, 11:07 AM

wear some gloves mate,or just leave the garage open lol

Stuart
26-10-10, 11:14 AM

employ someone to open it ffs

mowgli
26-10-10, 11:15 AM
ernie obviously doesn't employ a butler

Stuart
26-10-10, 11:16 AM
was thinking more of a rent boy or something... not a butler

Sloth
26-10-10, 11:23 AM
not that i would have stolen a bodykitted calibra with the keys in it.

xe/let/v6? id have had it and burnt the remains/sold em to a polish guy....:thumb:

tony k
26-10-10, 01:04 PM
was thinking more of a rent boy or something... not a butler

lol

mowgli
26-10-10, 01:12 PM
xe/let/v6? id have had it and burnt the remains/sold em to a polish guy....:thumb:

v grille green metallic ecotec with v6 badges... then some poxy DTM looky likey kit with stainless mesh in all the cutouts & 18" 3 piece rims.......
it looked ok at first until the kit was fitted, then it was just crap

Ernie
26-10-10, 01:18 PM
So when could you get to mine then Stuart if that's an offer lol.

Sloth
26-10-10, 01:19 PM
thats prime polish fodder. there is a really tidy v6 down my street, creamleather in a light metallic purple colour, has 17 mastialy alloys, which look ok, but the back tyres are 215/50 and the fronts 205/40 so it looks odd. theyve now put yellowed faded lexus lights on and orange dtm mirrors. shame as it looked really nice.

Andy
26-10-10, 01:27 PM
i cant believe your both using calibra and nice in the same sentence

mowgli
26-10-10, 01:28 PM
i cant believe your both using calibra and nice in the same sentence

agreed...

ribena coloured donor,

there, job done.

Sloth
26-10-10, 01:46 PM
i would happily own one. alot of car for the cash. buy a v6 for 400, use for a year then use as a donor. recycling ftw

Alex J
26-10-10, 01:47 PM
i once saw a nice calibra, then i ripped it apart,had the engine, and gas axed the shell up.

Sloth
26-10-10, 01:54 PM
could be worse:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-VAUXHALL-CALIBRA-TURBO-4X4-WHITE-show-car-/220688185223?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item33620a7787

someone buy it and do it a favour....

draper
26-10-10, 01:56 PM
could be worse:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-VAUXHALL-CALIBRA-TURBO-4X4-WHITE-show-car-/220688185223?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item33620a7787

someone buy it and do it a favour....

WANT !!

lol lol lol

mowgli
26-10-10, 01:57 PM
how could it have cost £30000 ?????