PDA

View Full Version : Runnin Outa Petrol

adam2472
26-05-03, 03:03 AM
my dodgy white dials finnaly got the better of me..(all of the ofsets are fcuked cause i tool the needles off and didnt take note of em :( ) bout an hour ago. was out cruzin round with a m8 when engine cuts out.. me m8 was driving was giving him some lessons cause hes to slack to get some proper ones so i thought he was just pumping the accelorator or doin some dodgy learner style driving.. so i jumped into drivers side but wudnt start :? .. this no happened befor i thought.. petrol gauge was reading half on red..got out had a lookkie,, not that i knoe nehting bout engines but everything looked ok.. (no smoke basically :P)

neways luckily was bout 100 meters way from his place so we pushed car into his place and been nicking petrol outa his sisters car.. :twisted: :twisted:

then the worst part was his mum wakes up who starts screaming that she gota work at 6.30 am.. (bearing in mind this is at round 2am!) who wakes the whole house up! ARGG!

so neways once are stolen petrol was in it started fine! :D and i was out there quicker than ya can say "MUPPET! " lol..

so neways even though i caused a family rowe(that speelin dunt look rite) i finally found out how low my petrol gauge can now go! :D

nebody else had ne funny runnin outa petrol experiences like dis???

Neil.
26-05-03, 04:12 AM
ive run outa before, but i went to the petrol station and BROUGHT my petrol to fill her up.

Fester
26-05-03, 02:31 PM
ive run outa before, but i went to the petrol station and BROUGHT my petrol to fill her up.

brought some? where from? i would have thought buying some would be easier seeing as you were at the petty station!!!

just messing!! who are you anyway?

Nova-Boy
26-05-03, 06:11 PM
I run out of petrol all the time. Thats why i keep a few liters in the boot all the time. I just go by the millage now cos the gauage gets the better of me!! :oops: :roll:

Chris LR
26-05-03, 07:56 PM
It's one thing I find hard to do Judge - Petrol, on one hand the Saxo sips it at about 400 miles per tank.. while the Landy has two tanks and can do about 120 on each!

I've never run out tho....

Neil.
27-05-03, 01:18 AM
as aposed to knicking it from a family member.
lol @ 'who are u anyway'

Dicko
27-05-03, 11:04 AM
whn had my sr i ran out twice, just dies on ya, with my sri iv almost run out twice, but with injection the fuel pressure drops and u can do a few miles if u drive slowly until it actually stops. if u try and boot it the engine just splutters cuz not enough fuek in the pipes.

jatinder
27-05-03, 12:12 PM
whn had my sr i ran out twice, just dies on ya, with my sri iv almost run out twice, but with injection the fuel pressure drops and u can do a few miles if u drive slowly until it actually stops. if u try and boot it the engine just splutters cuz not enough fuek in the pipes.

I know that feeling along with the fuel pump sounding diffrent rather than buzzing

Dicko
27-05-03, 12:19 PM
ye it goes mental on low pressure lol, had my car striped out once and got to this stage, bloody hell its noisey :lol:

deacon_2107
28-05-03, 09:10 AM
i had a dodgey petrol sender in my old nova, i went purely by mileage for the best part of a year coz i was too lazy to get things like that fixed

wat a pain in the ass