PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear :(

wwmnw
19-10-10, 12:03 PM
Got in my car to go to work, reversed a bit and pressed the brakes, pedal met the floor :(
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/lostboy_014/SDC10577.jpg
Back on the buses and now late for work:cry:

Paul
19-10-10, 12:04 PM
think yourself lucky it happened at slow speed

AlexW
19-10-10, 12:05 PM
Your cars ****ed.

wwmnw
19-10-10, 12:06 PM
Your cars ****ed.

True that.

Gareth_C
19-10-10, 12:12 PM
True that.

told you boyo when you said your brakes werent working well you should of checked the rear cylinders. you luck it didnt happen on the back roads mate :tard:

pie
19-10-10, 12:12 PM
could of been worse fella

you could of been goin faster n hit something

Gareth_C
19-10-10, 12:14 PM
could of been worse fella

you could of been goin faster n hit something

He doesnt need to lose his braking system cause an accident pie, have you seen this guy driving lol lol

pie
19-10-10, 12:17 PM
:lol: gareth

Danny s-p
19-10-10, 12:19 PM
wat did gareth tell you about 2 month ago :roll:

MattBrown
19-10-10, 12:21 PM

Let me guess

"Have a good look over your brakes, something isnt right"

Let me guess the response

"Yeah, whatever, itll be fine"

Yup, fine, when you hit someone, then the insurance lol at you, as driving an unfit car doesnt come under there terms:roll:

Gareth_C
19-10-10, 12:24 PM

I think he was eating at the time danny so he was probably more concerned about not eating his fingers while shovling food down. :d lol

Gareth_C
19-10-10, 12:25 PM
Let me guess

"Have a good look over your brakes, something isnt right"

Let me guess the response

"Yeah, whatever, itll be fine"

Yup, fine, when you hit someone, then the insurance lol at you, as driving an unfit car doesnt come under there terms:roll:

I think it was more what would matt brown do and above was his answer lol lol

Gareth_C
19-10-10, 12:26 PM
seriously what you gonna do concentrate on the blue one:confused:

MattBrown
19-10-10, 12:29 PM
I think it was more what would matt brown do and above was his answer lol lol

I may have done some daft things, but my cars were always mechanically perfect.

If you dont understand something, then dont play with it, brakes being number 1;)

wwmnw
19-10-10, 12:31 PM
I think you'll find I told you something was wrong with my brakes a long time ago Gareth, even after we bled them (out the back of the old house, after bleeding them, remember me saying, nah they still don't feel right)

Bus never turned up either :mad:

Danny s-p
19-10-10, 12:31 PM
i thing i have my new sig off this page lol

Gareth_C
19-10-10, 12:34 PM
I may have done some daft things, but my cars were always mechanically perfect.

If you dont understand something, then dont play with it, brakes being number 1;)

We all had to start somewhere and he made an error judgement yes he was lucky not have been driving. but back to the original comment by the sounds of it you dont know how to play nice with people on here so dont do that lol lol :p

Gareth_C
19-10-10, 12:36 PM
I think you'll find I told you something was wrong with my brakes a long time ago Gareth, even after we bled them (out the back of the old house, after bleeding them, remember me saying, nah they still don't feel right)

Bus never turned up either :mad:

these things happen to everyone mate i di say to look at where you were losing fliud its just life ;)

wwmnw
19-10-10, 12:38 PM
these things happen to everyone mate i di say to look at where you were losing fliud its just life ;)

I've been offered a Saxo VTR for £700, tempting tbh.

Danny s-p
19-10-10, 12:39 PM
I've been offered a Saxo VTR for £700, tempting tbh.if you do this i am not your fellow DJ

L14MNP
19-10-10, 12:39 PM
That would buy you a Valva 340, just so you know. lol

As for the brakes mate it should be a cheap fix. New cylinders FTW.

Gareth_C
19-10-10, 12:40 PM
ingy has a grand waiting for you to sell the blue sr and every thing to finish it

mowgli
19-10-10, 12:41 PM
meanwhile in the world of not taking the pith..... the cylinders were working fine, the shoes, drums & adjusters weren't, thus the cylinder has blown its end out. slacken the handbrake cables off before attempting to repair the brakes, then readjust after, as they are the bodgers friend on back brakes.

Gareth_C
19-10-10, 12:43 PM
That would buy you a Valva 340, just so you know. lol

As for the brakes mate it should be a cheap fix. New cylinders FTW.

That would def be bettewr than a saxo saying that a lidl shopping trolley would as well. I know the clylinders are less than £20 ea but is it worth spending money on a car that isnt worth spending out on if you know what i mean mate :confused:

Gareth_C
19-10-10, 12:45 PM
meanwhile in the world of not taking the pith..... the cylinders were working fine, the shoes, drums & adjusters weren't, thus the cylinder has blown its end out. slacken the handbrake cables off before attempting to repair the brakes, then readjust after, as they are the bodgers friend on back brakes.

could it have not been the seal around the piston gone as i did all his rear shoes drums spring kit etc last year befor its mot. So it might all be intact bu the seals have gone as i have had that before.

L14MNP
19-10-10, 12:45 PM
Depends mate. Even if he goes for the VTR he may still be able to use his Nova for a bit until he gets it. I don't know how bad it is TBH.

Nowt wrong with a (decent) Saxo too. Fun little cars IMO.

Just if he's gonna spend a reasonable amount of coin on a car I thought he may wanna look at 300's seeing as he likes them, and a Clio 16v one isn't a slow car. Worth a butchers. You can get a lot of pretty decent cars for that kind of money. I'd look for a Focus. lol

Gareth_C
19-10-10, 12:49 PM
Depends mate. Even if he goes for the VTR he may still be able to use his Nova for a bit until he gets it. I don't know how bad it is TBH.

Nowt wrong with a (decent) Saxo too. Fun little cars IMO.

Just if he's gonna spend a reasonable amount of coin on a car I thought he may wanna look at 300's seeing as he likes them, and a Clio 16v one isn't a slow car. Worth a butchers. You can get a lot of pretty decent cars for that kind of money. I'd look for a Focus. lol

tbh mate and snowdon would agree that the red one is about past its sell by date so its one of those things on where do you cut your losses.

mowgli
19-10-10, 01:13 PM
could it have not been the seal around the piston gone as i did all his rear shoes drums spring kit etc last year befor its mot. So it might all be intact bu the seals have gone as i have had that before.

its possible, but unlikely. the self adjusters are notoriously crap, and need regular attention. on my previous one, that was a daily, i had holes drilled into the drum face, so i could re-adjust them using a small allen key & a screwdriver without taking the drums off. i haven't got round to it on my current one, as its only done 10000miles ever.

Alex J
19-10-10, 01:53 PM
think yourself lucky it happened at slow speedwould we use the track car with this problem???lol