PDA

View Full Version : fearless strut brace copies?

Sloth
18-10-10, 11:36 PM
as per title, having seen vaughans for sale thread: http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157218
ive had a think and can make these for £75 posted, in primer. would anyone be interested?

nova_saloon
18-10-10, 11:48 PM
the bolt on ones to the top dampers are pretty usless, the ones you want to make are the ones with brakes that can be welded / bolted on to the body work lower down

Sloth
18-10-10, 11:51 PM
i know theyre as usefull as stu in a macho man contest whilst in a pink tu-tu and heels, but most people like the "brand name"....

16v Nova Kev
18-10-10, 11:53 PM
yours wont have a brand name tho.....

nova_saloon
18-10-10, 11:53 PM
^ this is true, but maybe think of making a mix of both.

Sloth
18-10-10, 11:54 PM
so you'd pay double for a label? more fool you mate.

Will F
19-10-10, 08:28 AM
so you'd pay double for a label? more fool you mate.

So, essentially you want £75 for a piece of steel bar, that wont do anything to brace the struts?

Sloth
19-10-10, 08:37 AM
better than vaughan wanting 150 for the same.....

novaxe235
19-10-10, 09:55 AM
Hardly the same, no brand name, most lightly made of steel not alloy, on the plus side, they would probably be quite rare due to know one wanting them.

MattBrown
19-10-10, 10:07 AM

Rear not front.

Ignore me.

Sloth
19-10-10, 10:14 AM
/\ nice edit....

yes rear, fook making fronts, buy an omp one, does the same job. this makes me lol really, i made a rear brace years ago, 1 length of scaff pole, flatten the ends in a press, and drill holes through for the strut tops. works the same. i can make those for £40 posted. i did say primered so it could be color coded, but, i've just spoke to a mate with a plating company, he can get em chromed, for an extra cost.

MattBrown
19-10-10, 10:16 AM
/\ nice edit....

yes rear, fook making fronts, buy an omp one, does the same job. this makes me lol really, i made a rear brace years ago, 1 length of scaff pole, flatten the ends in a press, and drill holes through for the strut tops. works the same. i can make those for £40 posted. i did say primered so it could be color coded, but, i've just spoke to a mate with a plating company, he can get em chromed, for an extra cost.

Whats his chrome work like?

And yup, I thought you meant fronts lol

I personally see no advantage, of bolting somthing to the shell, via shock tops, that are on the shell through soft rubber.

phazer
19-10-10, 10:18 AM
Don't forget to use it as your harness mounting point for ultimate safety ;) lol

Mazz
19-10-10, 10:22 AM
Can i ask what the big fascination with fearless items are :confused:

I have never seen the point of them...an alloy roll cage?! :tard:

Stuart
19-10-10, 10:25 AM
Don't forget to use it as your harness mounting point for ultimate safety ;) lol

It could only be less safe if you mounted the harnesses through a polycarb rear screen lol

Sloth
19-10-10, 10:28 AM

nail ---> head for the first point.

theyre a "show cage" mazz, aka a chavs wet dream down the cruise....lol

Sloth
19-10-10, 10:29 AM
his chrome work is excellent. anyway, ill see what interest there is and make a few samples.

Mazz
19-10-10, 10:31 AM
Yea, I know they are show cages, but still pointless and probably more dangerous in a crash than not having one, imo.

I suppose they might have been cool back in the early 90's though..

GRUNT 16V
19-10-10, 10:33 AM
£75 in primer wtf ouch !!!!!!!!!

Stuart
19-10-10, 10:44 AM
I'd say there was 100% no market for a damper bolted rear brace.... if its a pukka fearless one then maybe but thats only for the brand.

Edd
19-10-10, 10:46 AM
No point at all in have a rear brace that bolts to the shock tops

No point in have a Fearless cage IMO either, as said probably more dangerous if you crashed with one, look naff, added weight

I also do not see the fascination with the Fearless stuff

mowgli
19-10-10, 10:58 AM
the only practical uses for a bolt in rear strut brace are as something for the missus to hold onto when you take her from behind in the hatchback.... or as something to stop the sub woofer from hitting the seats when you anchor up

pie
19-10-10, 11:25 AM
:lol: mowgli

mowgli
19-10-10, 11:57 AM
:lol: mowgli

but you know its true...

grooge
19-10-10, 11:58 AM
the only practical uses for a bolt in rear strut brace are as something for the missus to hold onto when you take her from behind in the hatchback.... or as something to stop the sub woofer from hitting the seats when you anchor up

lol my brothers attached his sub to the rear brace in his astra to stop it being thrown around the boot all the time.

pie
19-10-10, 12:06 PM
yes its true mowgli :)

phazer
19-10-10, 02:07 PM
It could only be less safe if you mounted the harnesses through a polycarb rear screen lol

Shhhhh! You'll have all the 'sceners' swapping to your method lol

Seriously though, I've never understood how anyone could think it was even a remotely good idea and yet you see car after car at the shows with harnesses mounted to the car equivelant of a wet piece of cardboard.

Danny s-p
19-10-10, 02:12 PM
the only practical uses for a bolt in rear strut brace are as something for the missus to hold onto when you take her from behind in the hatchback.... or as something to stop the sub woofer from hitting the seats when you anchor uphave green blob

L14MNP
19-10-10, 02:19 PM
have green blob

You'll not be ragging anyone but Mrs Spock then. lol

Jack
19-10-10, 02:42 PM
yes rear, fook making fronts, buy an omp one, does the same job.
Pah. I'm getting my old man to clone an OMP one, but making it so it will actually clear an exhaust lol

Ignore me.
Ok :d

Danny s-p
19-10-10, 02:43 PM
You'll not be ragging anyone but Mrs Spock then. lollol :roll:

Sloth
19-10-10, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBrown
Ignore me.

froffle and such....mass ignore user against matt?

Edd
19-10-10, 05:28 PM
WTF is froffle ?!!

Andy
19-10-10, 05:32 PM

:thumb: exactly,how many rallycars and btcc cars run "fearless" equipment?

pie
19-10-10, 05:32 PM
its like blue woffle :lol:

mowgli
19-10-10, 05:34 PM
its like blue woffle :lol:

do not take that route..... that was horrid.....

if i wanted to look at a septic cnut, i'd google ken block or similar.....

[septic is rhyming slang for an American]

pie
19-10-10, 05:38 PM
lmfao mowgli :lol:

MattBrown
19-10-10, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBrown
Ignore me.

froffle and such....mass ignore user against matt?

Flol

I meant to ignore that, post, but feel free to ignore me also:d

Pistol Pete
19-10-10, 05:55 PM
I can think of 2 iconic (imo) Novas that had Fearless cages. Yeah, crap gear used by chavs...

Nick J
19-10-10, 06:22 PM
I can think of 2 iconic (imo) Novas that had Fearless cages. Yeah, crap gear used by chavs...

I can think of three iconic novas that still have them ;)

Nick.

Pistol Pete
19-10-10, 06:24 PM
I can think of three iconic novas that still have them ;)

Nick.

Yours was one if my 2 ;)

EDIT: just remembered a third lol

Nick J
19-10-10, 06:36 PM
Yours was one if my 2 ;)

I actually didnt include my red one in that but thanks Pete....... Matts,Martin and Phil L were the ones I thought of. On a serious note though you've got to think those cages were designed approx 12 years ago? Technology/design has come on a lot and they were the best looking cage/brace money could buy at the time whilst not being pieced together like Mps/Fusion or similar items so a lot safer. A chap from around my way bought Guy oldfields tb'd nova some years back and later rolled it with a fearless cage in........ It stood up to the job and didnt twist or bend later ending up in another car with apparantly no fitment issues at all. Obviously an fia cage would be better for those who think they may have a need for one but its just like anything..... Depending on what you want from the car and your use for it. Some get their kicks from the styling and enjoy shows whilst others may prefer track orientated activity. Either way peoples ideas for show/swagger compared to track/functionality are the majority of the time going to be entirely different. ;)

Nick.

vaughanmc
19-10-10, 06:41 PM

Someone will buy it because they know what it is :)

fearless
19-10-10, 06:52 PM
I actually didnt include my red one in that but thanks Pete....... Matts,Martin and Phil L were the ones I thought of. On a serious note though you've got to think those cages were designed approx 12 years ago? They were the best looking cage/brace money could buy at the time and they were not pieced together like Mps/Fusion or similar items so a lot safer. A chap from around my way bought Guy oldfields tb'd nova some years back and later rolled it with a fearless cage in........ It stood up to the job and didnt twist or bend later ending up in another car with no fitment issues at all. Obviously an fia cage would be better for those who think they may have a need for one but its just like anything..... Depending on what you want from the car and your use for it. Some get their kicks from the styling and enjoy shows whilst others may prefer track orientated activity. ;)

Nick.

Good response Nick - I remember a guy ringing us from wales that had rolled his Nova with a 'fearless' cage - apparantly the cage had stopped his roof from caving in - possibly saving his life (His words not mine)

Wanted to know if a small dent in the alloy cage could be removed - unfortunatley not possible - Maybe the same car your mate had

People seem to forget that Alloy cages were once approved by the FIA/MSA for rallying/race many years ago (I used to have a full alloy FIA cage in my old Blue Nova) - so they cant have been that bad :confused:

Dave

Graeme
19-10-10, 07:04 PM
Surely if any are to worth replicating it would be the bolt in type like Martin Kelson's due to it being more functional and slightly safer as a harness bar, but i still can't see them being highly desirable due to them being replicas

Pistol Pete
19-10-10, 07:07 PM
I actually didnt include my red one in that but thanks Pete....... Matts,Martin and Phil L were the ones I thought of. On a serious note though you've got to think those cages were designed approx 12 years ago? Technology/design has come on a lot and they were the best looking cage/brace money could buy at the time whilst not being pieced together like Mps/Fusion or similar items so a lot safer. A chap from around my way bought Guy oldfields tb'd nova some years back and later rolled it with a fearless cage in........ It stood up to the job and didnt twist or bend later ending up in another car with apparantly no fitment issues at all. Obviously an fia cage would be better for those who think they may have a need for one but its just like anything..... Depending on what you want from the car and your use for it. Some get their kicks from the styling and enjoy shows whilst others may prefer track orientated activity. Either way peoples ideas for show/swagger compared to track/functionality are the majority of the time going to be entirely different. ;)

Nick.

Well said.

I had your red one, martins kelsons and bretts (the one that Dave had a hand in, matts now IIRC?) in my head.

MattBrown
19-10-10, 07:11 PM
Surely if any are to worth replicating it would be the bolt in type like Martin Kelson's due to it being more functional and slightly safer as a harness bar, but i still can't see them being highly desirable due to them being replicas

If was hitting a tree at 60, I know that my harnesses would be bolted in the right way.

I personally wouldn't rely on a piece of Ali tube that will fold up on the point that the harness attaches too.

Pistol Pete
19-10-10, 07:14 PM
IMO harnesses should be bolted in!!! But thats another can of worms!! lol

phazer
19-10-10, 07:17 PM
Hence my slightly sarcastic post earlier - people seem to believe these rear strut bars bolted or shock top types are safe for harness mounts. As you say...can of worms :)

draper
19-10-10, 07:18 PM
just rob sounding off about show cars/shiney things again imo

bloody ASW lol

fearless
19-10-10, 07:21 PM
Personally I've never seen the point in a rear 'strut brace' in a nova - whats the purpose of it ? - any minute movement in the strut tops due to chassis flexing makes no difference to the position of the rear beam and hence the rear wheel geometry !!

But seeing as people liked the look of the rear Fearless 'strut brace' years ago - many were made - simply a money making project

Dave

vaughanmc
19-10-10, 07:23 PM
But seeing as people liked the look of the rear Fearless 'strut brace'

Me lol I think they look mega!

MattBrown
19-10-10, 07:24 PM
I personally like the looks of them, no use though.

But what use is a gsi interior? Speedlines? Digidash?

Personal choices, or every single car would have a gsi kit, speedlines and a digidash lol

Pistol Pete
19-10-10, 07:26 PM
I personally like the looks of them, no use though.

But what use is a gsi interior? Speedlines? Digidash?

Personal choices, or every single car would have a gsi kit, speedlines and a digidash lol

Some of the posts above would say different!

vaughanmc
19-10-10, 07:27 PM
They don't make any difference what so ever - Not that I've noticed anyway

But it's a cool feature and a cool thing to have IMO...

draper
19-10-10, 07:28 PM
Personally I've never seen the point in a rear 'strut brace' in a nova - whats the purpose of it ? - any minute movement in the strut tops due to chassis flexing makes no difference to the position of the rear beam and hence the rear wheel geometry !!

But seeing as people liked the look of the rear Fearless 'strut brace' years ago - many were made - simply a money making project

Dave

exactly, supply and demand
they do compliment the fearless cages aswell to complete the 'look'

MattBrown
19-10-10, 07:28 PM
Some of the posts above would say different!

For taking your mrs from behind or putting a sub box against?

Ohh god. How useful lol

Pistol Pete
19-10-10, 07:30 PM
chap from around my way bought Guy oldfields tb'd nova some years back and later rolled it with a fearless cage in........ It stood up to the job and didnt twist or bend later ending up in another car with apparantly no fitment issues at all

I remember a guy ringing us from wales that had rolled his Nova with a 'fearless' cage - apparantly the cage had stopped his roof from caving in - possibly saving his life (His words not mine)

They don't make any difference what so ever - Not that I've noticed anyway

For taking your mrs from behind or putting a sub box against?

Ohh god. How useful
:)

See above. Because you clearly cant read.

draper
19-10-10, 07:30 PM
matt the reason people dont like you is you dont read posts/threads properly then try and argue about things your mis-informed about

vaughanmc
19-10-10, 07:31 PM
matt the reason people dont like you is you dont read posts/threads properly then try and argue about things your mis-informed about

lol I can't even +rep you!

Spudly
19-10-10, 07:33 PM
lol I can't even +rep you!

But i can lol

vaughanmc
19-10-10, 07:35 PM
I'll rep you for sending rep to Draper then :)

Spudly
19-10-10, 07:39 PM
Oooh rep-whoring ftw lol

vaughanmc
19-10-10, 07:40 PM
F*cking right lol

John
19-10-10, 07:42 PM

Hit the proverbial Nail there Draper!

SRimon
19-10-10, 07:47 PM

Nick.

Karl's as well...

Dec's 16v

Loads.

I wanted one back in the day!

John
19-10-10, 07:49 PM
Nicks cage in the red car, came out of my old blue nova (which peester now has) Before that it was fitted in Andy Hills nova!

MattBrown
19-10-10, 07:55 PM

See above. Because you clearly cant read.

My bad, there's 4 posts explaining how the braces are structurally good?

I must be talking another language here:(

Pistol Pete
19-10-10, 07:55 PM
I wanted one back in the day!

I wanted one back in the day too. Want one now god damn it!!! lol

vaughanmc
19-10-10, 07:56 PM
You on about a cage or brace Pete ? :)

Pistol Pete
My bad, there's 4 posts explaining how the braces are structurally good?

I must be talking another language here:(

Cages you inept moron!

You on about a cage or brace Pete ?

lol you brace pusher you!!! I meant cage. Rear brace serves no purpose for me.

Graeme
On a more important note if I ask Dave fearless to sign or say a little prayer over my replica brace will that make it anymore real? Lmfao

MattBrown
19-10-10, 07:57 PM
Cages you inept moron!

I never even mentioned the fooking cages?

vaughanmc
19-10-10, 07:58 PM
Wasn't sure Pete lol ;)

Sloth
19-10-10, 08:07 PM
i didnt mention cages, i didnt mention harness mounts, i didnt start a flaming argument/rep whoring sesh.

all i will say is, vaughan, your comment of "someone will buy it cos its a cool thing to have" wtf? in some circles smack is cool, but that doesnt mean its any good? and its never worth 1 gazilliom pounds. ;)

vaughanmc
19-10-10, 08:08 PM
Nah your away on a different planet here mate, trying to make yourself look smart when your no lol

Nobody said anything about smack or anything drugs related

Trust me if someone wants it and knows what it is etc they'll pay the price

And anyway it's £150 ONO and i clearly said I'm open to offers!

MattBrown
19-10-10, 08:08 PM
i didnt mention cages, i didnt mention harness mounts, i didnt start a flaming argument/rep whoring sesh.

all i will say is, vaughan, your comment of "someone will buy it cos its a cool thing to have" wtf? in some circles smack is cool, but that doesnt mean its any good? and its never worth 1 gazilliom pounds. ;)

Well I know you didn't rob, have some rep for being nice for once lol

Totally lost with that fella above, neg repaid me, when I didn't even use the word cage? I wouldn't comment on a cage because I don't like them.

Meh, always someone who thinks there the best.

draper
19-10-10, 08:09 PM

it does if you buy it off me lol

John
19-10-10, 08:15 PM
Anyway, enough arguing.
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/tooleater16v/XI7K1542.jpg

vaughanmc
19-10-10, 08:15 PM
Lovely ^^^

Pistol Pete
19-10-10, 08:19 PM
Looks great in there John.

Matt, Rob..you didnt mention cages. Was just generalising, hence my quoted posts. My bad.

draper
19-10-10, 08:20 PM
see, johns 'works'

different strokes for different folks and all that

MattBrown
19-10-10, 08:20 PM

Matt, Rob..you didnt mention cages. Was just generalising, hence my quoted posts. My bad.

So it was you that didn't read it correctly, then neg repped me?

What a hero

Pistol Pete
19-10-10, 08:22 PM
No i read it. Like i said i generalised. And i'm glad you have finally realised that yes, i am indeed a hero!

Spudly
19-10-10, 08:38 PM
Can we all calm down and share the toys nicely please children.

Is it wrong that in the above pic, im drawn to the fact that two of the floor bungs have been left in during painting and two have not (in the wheel well) looks odd lol

draper
19-10-10, 08:38 PM

Is it wrong that in the above pic, im drawn to the fact that two of the floor bungs have been left in during painting and two have not (in the wheel well) looks odd lol

you plum lol

John
19-10-10, 08:39 PM

No i've spotted it many times too spud, I was a lazy sod and couldn't be arsed to take them out lol

Spudly
19-10-10, 08:40 PM
No i've spotted it many times too spud, I was a lazy sod and couldn't be arsed to take them out lol

Lol twerent just me then lol

John
19-10-10, 08:42 PM
Lol twerent just me then lol

I stared at them for most of the time i owned the car, and never did anything about it lol I think Dave has sorted them now lol

Sloth
19-10-10, 09:01 PM
john that pic is fab, but as stated, its a peice of bar and some l shaped tabs, **** me, ste porter would knock em out in his sleep...

Spudly
19-10-10, 09:02 PM
john that pic is fab, but as stated, its a peice of bar and some l shaped tabs, **** me, ste porter would knock em out in his sleep...

You really shouldnt be posting in the public forum, what Ste gets up to in his sleep lol

Sloth
19-10-10, 09:02 PM

no need to apologize to me mate. ;):thumb:

Sloth
19-10-10, 09:03 PM
You really shouldnt be posting in the public forum, what Ste gets up to in his sleep lol

funking lol!!!!

o.t - you got a shell yet? col has a black one in his latest thread...

Derick-Sport
19-10-10, 09:07 PM
never seen so much bitching over a length of alloy

Pistol Pete
19-10-10, 09:11 PM
Makes a change from bitching over whats "mint" lol

mrT
19-10-10, 09:12 PM
never seen so much bitching over a length of alloy

i know:eek: bunch of losers..:gay:

Derick-Sport
19-10-10, 09:13 PM
haha handbags at dawn and all that lark

Sloth
19-10-10, 09:17 PM
i know:eek: bunch of losers..:gay:

jealous?

all this needs is rick draper and his bullcock....

Mike
19-10-10, 09:26 PM

Seriously Rob, 20 minutes if that & youve got yourself a bolt in Nova rear brace made.

blue_peg_16v
19-10-10, 09:35 PM
tbf rob i have a fealess brace but only because its polished so it matches my cage otherwise you can buy a rear brace that actualy braces the turrets for about £40 new

on the plus side i do have a forsale thread for a full fearless cage and brace for £400

Stuart
19-10-10, 09:37 PM
Wrap around harnesses are 100% safe aslong as they are mounted PROPERLY (eg NOT below the entry point on the seat).

Pistol Pete
19-10-10, 09:38 PM
lol otherwise they will tear your scrotum!!!

Sloth
19-10-10, 10:22 PM
mike, i know that, ive made em in the past. ;)

16v Nova Kev
19-10-10, 10:28 PM
this thread is EPIC.

Sloth
19-10-10, 10:33 PM
how?/\

16v Nova Kev
19-10-10, 10:35 PM
seriously.105 posts and not one person wants one lol

Sloth
19-10-10, 10:36 PM
thats nice, considering most are seriously o.t from my original question.

draper
19-10-10, 10:37 PM
this thread is EPIC.

+1

lol

L14MNP
19-10-10, 10:45 PM
lol.

What's the plan then Rob. Squash the ends on a length of ali tube and bos two holes through it?

I'm all for it. I'd sell em as 'Fearful' lol

16v Nova Kev
19-10-10, 10:51 PM
wahahaha.....

Sloth
19-10-10, 10:53 PM
limp ive done that. the idea is some scaff pole and some l shaped brackets, weld her up painted jobs a goodun.

draper
19-10-10, 10:54 PM
lol

why not just use CDS ?

16v Nova Kev
19-10-10, 10:54 PM
limp ive done that. the idea is some scaff pole and some l shaped brackets, weld her up apinted jobs a goodun.

oh jesus please tell me your kidding

Sloth
19-10-10, 11:01 PM
Yes I Am... Jeeez

Mazz
20-10-10, 11:03 AM
But what use is a gsi interior?

Something to sit in maybe..?

Speedlines?

Do you regularly drive with no wheels on?

Digidash?

So you see how fast your not going with no wheels on..

Now where that ignore button...

Ben
20-10-10, 12:52 PM
i am creased up reading this, its the keyboard warrior battle that would rival 1066! fooking awesome!

Jack
20-10-10, 02:16 PM
That would imply Stuart got shot in the eye lol

Ben
20-10-10, 02:17 PM
Depends who was firing the muck lol

GRUNT 16V
20-10-10, 03:00 PM
wtf !!!!!!!!!!!

Sloth
20-10-10, 03:59 PM
its all gone gay!!!!!

mowgli
20-10-10, 04:07 PM
its all gone gay!!!!!

the stable door was left open a long time ago...........

Sloth
20-10-10, 04:12 PM
and stuart got its bolt in his face by the sound of it... ;)

pie
20-10-10, 04:13 PM
thread of the year :lol:

Sloth
20-10-10, 04:15 PM
i aim to please, though i only started it, everyone else made it into t.o.t.y

mayhem
20-10-10, 04:23 PM
i've didnt read anything more than page 1..

a Wiechers one is powdercoated red, and costs about 40 euro...

the fearless items look really great, but 150?!?!

that's a mattbrowny, that's for sure.

paul james
20-10-10, 05:19 PM
I had the oppurtunity to buy a fearlness rear brace the other day for about £30. I was tempted simply because it was shiny, but in the end didn't bother, as if I want more rigidity I'll get the job done propelry and put a cage in.

Mike
20-10-10, 06:35 PM
£150 for a Fearless rear brace AFPMSL lol lol lol keep wishing. Even Pilbeam braces arent that much second hand & there far more elusive!!!!

John
20-10-10, 07:06 PM
wtf !!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.xrv.org.uk/photopost/data/500/Harold.jpg

(+rep for whoever can shop a picture of sturat on harolds head lol)

16v Nova Kev
20-10-10, 08:59 PM
please click me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv2fKqIEQRw)

bainyboy sr
21-10-10, 09:52 AM
im glad to see im not the only 1 that thought £150, takes the piss but ffs i got a 2 day bann for it lol

Sloth
21-10-10, 10:02 AM
/\ you went about it in the wrong way young padawan.....

bainyboy sr
21-10-10, 10:11 AM
oh sorry i should have made a thread about it eh

Ben
21-10-10, 10:40 AM
Yeah listen to Rob he has been banned more times than you have posts!

Sloth
21-10-10, 10:55 AM
cheers ben! lol

Mike
21-10-10, 01:37 PM
im glad to see im not the only 1 that thought £150, takes the piss but ffs i got a 2 day bann for it lol

Yes its a fcuking stupid price, an no scene whore will pay that IMHO when they sell for about £80 normally.

Sloth
21-10-10, 01:43 PM
esp considering he bought it off stupot89s mate for £40......

Mike
21-10-10, 01:44 PM
esp considering he bought it off stupot89s mate for £40......

Probably the one that was stolen with my car then lol

mowgli
21-10-10, 01:50 PM
so what is a woofer holder(rear brace) worth then????

Mike
21-10-10, 01:51 PM
so what is a woofer holder(rear brace) worth then????

IMO, not much at all.

Stuart
21-10-10, 01:52 PM
£10 in steel.... done.

beggsy
21-10-10, 02:34 PM
after a rear strut brace but dont want to pay that much. pm me if there is anything you can do.

mowgli
21-10-10, 02:35 PM
why, is your woofer moving about under braking??

Stuart
21-10-10, 02:35 PM
why, is your woofer moving about under braking??

Dog or Speaker?

mowgli
21-10-10, 02:47 PM
either. tbh a dog guard does more than a rear brace anyway

bainyboy sr
21-10-10, 02:52 PM
you can buy a brand new omp rear brace for under £50.00 i think il be goin brand new makes sense

mowgli
21-10-10, 02:55 PM
or don't bother & save £50, and for a scotsman, that's a deal.

bainyboy sr
21-10-10, 02:57 PM
or don't bother & save £50, and for a scotsman, that's a deal.

na were not all tight up here , :thumb:

Sloth
21-10-10, 02:58 PM
tell you what, ill do a how to using some exhaust pipe and a hammer and drill to show how to make a cheap strut brace.

bainyboy sr
21-10-10, 03:01 PM
tell you what, ill do a how to using some exhaust pipe and a hammer and drill to show how to make a cheap strut brace.

or jus weld a bar in the back like most do lol

Sloth
21-10-10, 03:03 PM
what if he cant weld.....?

L14MNP
21-10-10, 03:14 PM
One side of strong velcro style tape is more than enough to stop a sub box moving around when you have a boot carpet.

There we go, mobile audio woes and pointless Nova weight additions solved in one post.

bainyboy sr
21-10-10, 03:34 PM
what if he cant weld.....?

you buy 1new lol