PDA

View Full Version : My morning

Pete
18-10-10, 03:28 PM
Woke up this morning at 9:30 and had to be at work for 10.00.
got myself up there 5 minutes late and headed off for staff training with someone i work with.

Driving down some lane and 2 cars had crashed head on.
Girl who was driving the car i was in noticed it was her friend.

Stopped and was 2&3rd on the scene, there was a GP from where i live who was treating both drivers.
Police turned up & we all had to do a statement bearing in mind i didn't see nothing.
3 ambulances came and 3 police cars :tard:

The girl who was driving one of the crashed cars who was my drivers friend though it was her fault as her back wheels clipped the wet grass and went side ways, she managed to straighten her car but ended up crashing into a kinda people carrier thing with some old bloke driving.

Both drivers went off to hospital to be treated as the female driver had a spinal pain.

Anyway got back home from staff training and have been told by my driver that they outruled the female being at fault becuase of were the skid marks were prove that she was back in her lane and was going straight.

And that the elderly bloke was at fault with a caush of SASH (Sudden Acceleration Syndrome Hypocosis sp?) as his car was an automatic.

Not heard any news about either drivers but both seemed to be fine at the accident scene..

What a long morning :roll:

Sloth
18-10-10, 03:42 PM
all i could find:

http://autorepair.about.com/library/faqs/bl757f.htm

utter b/s tbh

Stuart
18-10-10, 05:03 PM
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/8457278.Driver_smashes_into_three_parked_cars/

See the comment from "acoustic from eastbourne"

"Guaranteed to be another automatic where the wrong pedal gets floored! If it's going to have two pedals then site them so it's gas with the right foot and brake with the left, then this very common accident can't happen. It's so common the police have an acronym for it. SASH Sudden Acceleration Syndrome Hypothesis"

Andy
18-10-10, 05:10 PM
how the fukk can you miss a big fat pedal?!!

Stuart
18-10-10, 05:12 PM
some old bloke driving.

thats how ;)

its not uncommon to mash the wrong pedal with an auto.... I've done it before :wtf:

draper
18-10-10, 06:21 PM
old people, no everyone, should be retested every 5years imo

and every year once at 60

Lewis.
18-10-10, 08:28 PM
old people driving scare me to death. doing 40mph everywhere, regardless of if its a 60, or a 30 zone, and their apparent total inability to judge speed/distance

and autos suck balls. i was driving an automatic freelander the other day, daydreaming along in the carpark, doing about 10mph, totally forgot i was driving an auto and depressed the 'clutch'... car stopped dead and i headbutted the windscreen. ow :( :tard:

claire6069
18-10-10, 08:53 PM
old people, no everyone, should be retested every 5years imo

and every year once at 60

+1, stupid old b@stards are the cause of 90% of crashes because they dawdle along in their own little world trying to clutch onto the last bit of dignity and arrogance they have before they end up p1ssing and sh!tting themselves in a nursing home!!

was following an old woman this morning in a rover 25 with a private plate (why on a rover?!) and she never went over 25mph - not even in the 60mph bit and she just sat there with her nose in the air, stupid old bat!!!!

Mike
18-10-10, 08:56 PM
its not uncommon to mash the wrong pedal with an auto.... I've done it before :wtf:

Same, footdown in a 328 BMW, went to slam the non existant clutch down to change gear :S turned out to be the brake pedal :tard:

Pete
18-10-10, 08:57 PM
Well heard back from my friend today, both drivers were ok and have been released.
Both cars were a rite off, and the old bloke admitted that his car sped up as he tried to brake round the corner so they were right about the SASH.

But i agree with Draper, give in your keys whilst you still can rather than putting other peoples lives in danger aswell as your own ",

Spudly
18-10-10, 08:57 PM
Same, footdown in a 328 BMW, went to slam the non existant clutch down to change gear :S turned out to be the brake pedal :tard:

I know a lad who did that on a test drive in a C2 VTR when they first came out, the flappy paddle jobby, nearly put the salemans head through the screen apparently lol

Jack
18-10-10, 09:02 PM
i was driving an automatic freelander the other day, daydreaming along in the carpark, doing about 10mph, totally forgot i was driving an auto and depressed the 'clutch'... car stopped dead and i headbutted the windscreen. ow :( :tard:
I used to do that in the works barge all the time.

Thankfully the new one has a footrest, so I just stamp on that thinking its a clutch

Hobbit
18-10-10, 09:05 PM
I'm the opposite. Got so used to driving auto's I occasionally pull up to a junction and forget to put my foot on the clutch and wonder why its not slowing down as fast as it should lol

Hayley
19-10-10, 12:23 AM
yoofs driving around in saxo's at 90mph worry me but no more than old people. I was in a petrol station with Jack a while back when an old dear tried to pull into the pump infront of me. Jack actually had his hand on my handbrake ready to release it coz she looked like she was going to use the front of my car as a barrier to let her know she had backed up enough. !! Then this little old lady about 4ft high gets out of the car and can barely walk. How is is right that people like that are allowed to drive. Their reaction times are sooo slow, they can probably only see as far as the front of the car and any other car on the road seems to scare the crap out of them. They are probably used to driving whilst a man with a flag walks infront of them.
rant over.

Pete
19-10-10, 09:43 AM
i live in some little country'ish villege were its practicaly full of old people.
What annoys me the most is that i can go down to the shops etc and there old people getting out of their cars with walking sticks,crutches,wheelchairs the lot....

If you have to have something to assist you walking how the hell can they think there fit to drive?

Mazz
19-10-10, 09:57 AM
"Guaranteed to be another automatic where the wrong pedal gets floored!
I saw that exact samt thing happen a while. Car manoeuvring out of a space by a path, old boy stomps on the wrong pedal, hits the car infront, clips me and pins a bloke to the wall :(

I'm the opposite. Got so used to driving auto's I occasionally pull up to a junction and forget to put my foot on the clutch and wonder why its not slowing down as fast as it should lol

I miss my auto :( Done that a few times in Audi (never the Nova though) and wondered why its about to stall!

Jack
19-10-10, 12:06 PM
she looked like she was going to use the front of my car as a barrier to let her know she had backed up enough.
She very nearly took out the rear quarter of the car in front when she swang into the pump space (pumps were 3 in a row, so you can imagine how little space there is in the middle anyway!). The way the car jumped to a stop, I thought she had battered it!

Sloth
19-10-10, 12:17 PM
i like oldies driving, it reminds me to shoot myself when i get too old. i had a raging argument with a million year old guy once. he pulled out of a side street at 10mph onto a 40mph road, as i was coming along in a 360 digger... i got to the traffic lights, jumped out, and told him if he did that again id use the bucket and scoop the **** up. his responce? " my old morris wouldnt go over 45, i thught i was in it for a moment, twas safer back then." i asked him what year that was and he replied "1945 son" utter oxygen theif....