PDA

View Full Version : Dash warning lights wiring help

nova ian
17-10-10, 09:01 PM
Hi guys,

I had a quick go at wiring in my Vapor digi dash today, but it's not quite working right!

Basically, when the ignition is off I can switch my hazard lights on and off, which is all good, BUT when the ignition is switched on the hazards come on even though the switch is in the off position. When you press the switch to turn them on they just flash faster than they should (like when you have a bulb gone)...

The only thing I can think of so far that I may have done wrong is wiring both the lives together, maybe they should have been kept separate?

Also when switching the ignition on I have no battery or oil light come on, there is no voltage at the wires at all, could this be because I did not have the engine loom connected up to the battery or does this make no difference?

For reference please see thread link below to see how I wired it up

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155905&highlight=instrument+pannel

Thanks
Ian

nova ian
19-10-10, 04:47 PM
Had a thought on why the hazards were on when the ignition is on and thought that maybe it could be the fact that I joined both the ignition lives together, but this makes no difference. I've disconnected the dash and tested the indicator warning light wire when the ignition is on and it's getting 12v to it. Surely there should be no voltage there until an indicator or hazard lights are switched on. Any thoughts people?

Cheers
Ian

Iain
19-10-10, 06:24 PM
I'll bring round a new relay, hazard switch and indicator stalk to try next time I pop round. Worth a try :)

nova ian
19-10-10, 06:44 PM
Cool nice one Iain :)