PDA

View Full Version : Straight through (learn how to spell)

vauxluva
17-10-10, 08:46 PM
Has any on one hear taken the midle box out of a sr nova?. How loud would it be i already have a peco rear can will this help with the gas flow or not cheers?

Pistol Pete
17-10-10, 08:47 PM
Why would you want to? Other than attract attention from mr plod. And yes it would be loud.

vauxluva
17-10-10, 08:54 PM
Im fitting bike carbs to her so the guy who sold them to me told me to also sort out the way the gases leave the engine to get the best out of them ?. And i dont realy use it that much it goes shop home work home im never out after 7 pm........must be my age ?

Balley
17-10-10, 09:01 PM
I have done it to a corsa, used a standard rear box and no cat or middle box, was not that loud, well wasn't until you booted it any way.. sounded very very nice though !

Nova_Tek
17-10-10, 09:32 PM
Quiet sexy looking exhaust FTW I say.

vauxluva
17-10-10, 09:37 PM
When i was 16 had a go in my mates white gte ( totaly legal on private land)with an old school peco big bore4, i never got out of second gear and fell in love with the car and the sound?

bazil
17-10-10, 09:42 PM
parp, paarp, paaarp , paaaaarp , vroom vroooom vrooooooom

lol not worth the attention imo, unless you like setting of car alarms and the odd house alarm

vauxluva
17-10-10, 09:49 PM
I was 16 years old then 2 unlimited was in the charts?.All i am botherd about is if it will make a big difference with bike carbs

bazil
17-10-10, 09:52 PM
eh doubt it, unless it has a restrictve cat then a 2 box ( one mid and a backbox ) will be fine, i had a straight through PMC ( yes im older ) and it done my box in with absolutly no power gain ( scatman john and the outhere brothers were in the charts lol )

vauxluva
17-10-10, 09:57 PM
Haha those were the days im going to admitt somthing bad..............i had a vibalite coat.............and a helter skelter one am i alone ?

bazil
17-10-10, 10:01 PM
oh hellllllllllllllllllll yeah lol

daverobson
17-10-10, 10:45 PM
you would bemuch better off with a 4 branch manifold

bazil
17-10-10, 11:45 PM
stealth title edit much? lol

andy_mk3
18-10-10, 12:05 AM
I have a 4-branch, de-cat, and sportex cat-back system. It's loud but not silly loud. Also makes a half decent noise, not just a boomy parp sound lol

grooge
19-10-10, 12:56 PM
i've got 4 branch then custom straight through stainless. quite loud. If i was driving a lot of long distance or motorway type journeys though i would defo get a middle box. i only used my car for fun and also work and back a couple times a week( 2 miles each way) so it was ok.

Stuart
19-10-10, 01:09 PM
the middle box will make shag all difference to the power output.

the exhaust manifold is the key to power there.

mowgli
19-10-10, 01:17 PM
the big restriction on a stock nova 1.3 exhaust is where the twin goes into the single, they basically squash the pipe into 2 D shapes, and leave the tails in there. its pretty much the same in the gte std pipe too.
if you cut it open & clean up the restrictions, it will get you a couple of horses

Stuart
19-10-10, 01:20 PM
the big restriction on a stock nova 1.3 exhaust is where the twin goes into the single, they basically squash the pipe into 2 D shapes, and leave the tails in there. its pretty much the same in the gte std pipe too.
if you cut it open & clean up the restrictions, it will get you a couple of horses

faff vs gain must make it 100% pointless unless you are going for balls out power on a race engine with stock exhaust requirements