PDA

View Full Version : Nova Sport Twin 40 Gaskets

vaughanmc
17-10-10, 08:36 PM
I was wondering where I could get some gaskets for my Nova Sport 40's

I have a brand new head-inlet gasket

I need an inlet-carb gasket and I can't remember if theres any others...lol

I'm new to all this kinda stuff

Anyone know where I could get the gaskets I need :)

Cheers, Vaughan

paul james
17-10-10, 09:04 PM
To go inbetween the carbs and the inlet manifold, you don't use one gasket, but rather four individual rubber/metal o-rings. You can get them on ebay, like this auction that also comes with the rubber centered washers that go behind the nuts holding the carbs to the manifold:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WEBER-DCOE-MISAB-PLATES-AND-SOFT-MOUNTS-/150506411443?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item230ae195b3

vaughanmc
18-10-10, 05:59 PM
So, there exactly what I need then mate ? If I buy them they'll go straight on ?

mowgli
18-10-10, 06:02 PM
most motor factors can get the inlet - head gasket.

they are definitely in the payen book.

if it is a 1300, 14nova just had to buy 2 from the main stealer, maybe pm him for the other one....

paul james
18-10-10, 06:10 PM
So, there exactly what I need then mate ? If I buy them they'll go straight on ?

Yep, use the exact same on my sport 40's. Those and an inlet to head gasket are all you need. Unless you took the head off and need exhaust and head gaskets too, or are rebuilding the carbs in anyway.

vaughanmc
18-10-10, 06:13 PM
Nice one mate, cheers :)

vaughanmc
18-10-10, 06:20 PM
Yep, use the exact same on my sport 40's. Those and an inlet to head gasket are all you need. Unless you took the head off and need exhaust and head gaskets too, or are rebuilding the carbs in anyway.

I made up some new head-inlet gaskets :) Just needed inlet-carbs gasket (Which I've now bought) So thanks for the link :thumb:

C612DNM
18-10-10, 09:26 PM
Hang on there Vaughanmc - you need more than the MISAB washers on their own - the proper fitting requires the compression "Thackery" washers too. There are two types, one is a rubber jobby with little metal "cups" either end. The other are like a big open spring washer.

The Sport was supplied with the rubber washers, but people are leaning towards to the spring washers as they are more consistent and easier to set evenly.

I know which I prefer.

C612DNM
18-10-10, 09:27 PM
http://www.fastroadcars.co.uk/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=103

Have a look here

paul james
18-10-10, 11:04 PM
The above linked ebay auction includes the metal and rubber washers too. I've had no issue with them, both originally and when I replaced with new ones.

vaughanmc
19-10-10, 07:14 PM
I've bought the ones from the link Paul posted anyway

Cheers anyway mate :)

If they don't work out I'll try some others