PDA

View Full Version : MOT question

N.I_Nova
17-10-10, 07:51 PM
Right well i have my mot this friday coming and was wandering does anyone know if a corsa b lowered roughly 70mm on coilovers would it pass mot alright or would i need to raise it for mot also would it clear eveything in the mot centre alright, Cheers in advance

steviegsi
17-10-10, 07:58 PM
Good luck trying to get that into the test centre mate.
This vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx199/steviegsi/DSCF00771.jpg

Was less than an inch from buffing the last ramp in Lisburn test centre and bottomed out on the rollers for the brake test.

John
17-10-10, 08:00 PM
wind it up before you go. Less chance of running into probs then.

N.I_Nova
17-10-10, 08:04 PM
sounds like that would be my best chance but might risk it, just might crack the sump on the rollers, dont think they would be to pleased though

steviegsi
17-10-10, 08:05 PM
You may be ok if your running big wheels.

John
17-10-10, 08:07 PM
sounds like that would be my best chance but might risk it, just might crack the sump on the rollers, dont think they would be to pleased though

lol don't think they'd be too pleased! I'd just raise it for the sake of 10 mins work. Save yourself any potential grief.

steviegsi
17-10-10, 08:07 PM
Also pics of the corsa?? Remember that blue/green nova driving past our house quite regularly in banbridge.

N.I_Nova
17-10-10, 08:33 PM
Its a silver corsa stevie, if you check my posts there are pics of it in the styling forum, I am pretty much always in Banbridge cause the woman lives there you see :), yeah think I will just raise it, and i'm only running 14's, so I will just take the safe option

Yorkie
17-10-10, 08:55 PM
ask sam aka nice-blue-nova, he is a qualified mot tester so can tell you :)

Saloony
17-10-10, 09:28 PM
lol firstly yeah is has to be able to clear the mot ramps, jack(s) and rollers. But then it comes down to sufficient clearance in the suspension and bumpstops, so if its 2mm from the stops... its a fail my brother. So raise it, if youve come to ask the question then surely you arent sure and would be a wise option to to satisfy the requirements at time of test. Also depends on the mood of the tester, if he aint be laid for 2days he wont be forgiving.. or is that just me lol

Yorkie
17-10-10, 10:00 PM
ha ha ha ha ha , now thats ticcled me, if thats how to get your car past an mot well im well away with an mot tester who is my boyfriend lol. Jokes*

N.I_Nova
17-10-10, 10:11 PM
Ha true think I will just raise it then, do that on tuesday and change my bulbs, cheers for the info peeps