PDA

View Full Version : sri engine

wilz
25-05-03, 01:47 PM
aite, ive currently got a 1.2i, and ive found a cheap 1.4 sri engine at a salvage yard. what is the best way of niking power from this engine cheaply, as i dont know enough to do a full conversion. the guys said they would sell the cylinder head assembely to me, would this alone do the business, or would i have 2 swap everything over? what kind of power increase am i looking at?

any suggestions would be helpful

Snowface
25-05-03, 04:58 PM
you want the whole engine. just having the head would make you worse off. It would reduce the power. Maybe the Cam shaft is better, just swap them.
I think changing the engine isn't that difficult. Get a haynes. You need to uprate the fuel pump.

Dicko
25-05-03, 08:05 PM
just the cam really, if u got the head im sure jtinder off this site would love you forever if u sold him the rest of the head with no cam

jatinder
25-05-03, 08:09 PM
yessssssssss i wil bum you if you sell me that head, if not i can give you a cheque

mikeoxford
26-05-03, 09:50 PM
i may be able to get you one you still need the heaD?

jatinder
27-05-03, 12:02 PM
nah i decided to get a gsi engine, your welcome to the bottom end if you want it

jatinder
27-05-03, 12:02 PM
nah i decided to get a gsi engine, your welcome to the bottom end if you want it, and every thing else

Dicko
27-05-03, 12:27 PM
which gsi engine, good luck wiv da wiring m8 ;) lol

jatinder
27-05-03, 03:35 PM
erm it the 1.6 8 valve, wots up with tthe wiring?

Ste_Nova
27-05-03, 04:21 PM
sri wiring is an arse to sort.... :lol:

naps nova
27-05-03, 11:00 PM
This is nothin to do with the topic, but im after a fuel sender unit from an SRI, and there like rocking horse shit to find in the scrape yard. fancy takin it off and i will bung u a few quid for your time??

e-mail me if your interested

phil.knapper@chapelhouse.co.uk

cheers

mikeoxford
27-05-03, 11:15 PM
the fuel sender units are all the same as far as im aware mate u dont need one from an sri.... just any petrol nova

Dicko
27-05-03, 11:27 PM
wrong, gotta be from gte/gsi/sri as the sender has the outlet for the fuel feed on those models, completely diff to others. also swirl pot.

dont worry jatinder the wirings not 'that' bad its just harder than other models

mikeoxford
27-05-03, 11:30 PM
wrong, gotta be from gte/gsi/sri as the sender has the outlet for the fuel feed on those models, completely diff to others. also swirl pot.

dont worry jatinder the wirings not 'that' bad its just harder than other models

didnt read into the fact he had an injection :oops:

but he still dosent have to get it just from an sri!!!

:lol:

your right

beghy
28-05-03, 12:56 AM
I would like a 1.4 sri head but how much would it cost?

jatinder
28-05-03, 10:10 AM
I would like a 1.4 sri head but how much would it cost?

Well there really hard to find, too much hastle, there about 250 reconed if you want one i belive you can get the same heads of asra 1.4, the engine code C14 SE

lol i need the fuel sender unit coz i need to know how much petrol ive got, try www.autovaux.com there very good and will sort you out mate give them a bell

Anyone know the best way to transport an engine should i drain all the oil out befroe hand?

Ste_Nova
28-05-03, 10:21 AM
no leave oil in....

plug all holes....

strap engine to a pallet as seen here

http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/upload/r/rearaa.jpg

naps nova
28-05-03, 12:00 PM
I do because the SRI is the only nova that the fuel sender unit is held on by five 8mm bolts. the rest are twist on types. and vauxhalls want ?90 + VAT, and its pissin me off not havin a fuel gauge

mikeoxford
28-05-03, 12:10 PM
no leave oil in....

plug all holes....

strap engine to a pallet as seen here

http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/upload/r/rearaa.jpg

ste are you a mechanic?

or are you lucky enough to have a well equipped garage attached to your house?

(serious question! - im jealous)

Ste_Nova
28-05-03, 12:43 PM
ste are you a mechanic?

or are you lucky enough to have a well equipped garage attached to your house?

(serious question! - im jealous)

lol nahh i'm not a mechanic :lol:

jatinder
28-05-03, 06:52 PM
isnt it best to drain the oil save it going all over the place, and i havent got a pallet handy coz its going in the back of my mums ford lol

naps mate try that website i emailed you, there good i rember that it was about 60-70 for my new one when i had it replaced