View Full Version : Odd clip

Connor
16-10-10, 02:22 AM
Cut the story short, put a gsi dash in my car,
over-manhandled the heater cable clip when taking it off and it snapped
so now i cant put my heating on ffs, which in this weather is suicide

Connor
16-10-10, 02:27 AM
Hard to describe but its blue iirc and is only in place so when the heater control is turned the cable doesnt move, meh you get the idea

AlexW
16-10-10, 02:27 AM
Your need a whole new cable, or bodge it. Good luck finding one that isnt broke, they always break due to them not being heated up.

Best thing to do is use cable ties, you can make it so it stays right as i done it.

Connor
16-10-10, 02:34 AM
yea was thinking a trusty cable tie, but where would you cable tie it to if that makes sence?
annoying thing is that i chucked out heater controls like a week before with clips attached, school boy error there

AlexW
16-10-10, 02:42 AM
Depending on which end you can use two small ones gripped tighly around the cable and going through a hole, iirc on the heater box end i drilled a tiny hole in the bit that the clip usually goes onto.

Hard to explain once again but meh lol

Connor
16-10-10, 02:44 AM
nah i know what you mean, and its going to be a ballache either way, i really pick the best time of year to screw my heating over, yeah nice one connor lol

AlexW
16-10-10, 02:53 AM
lol Give us a shout if your still stuck with it.

Connor
16-10-10, 12:59 PM
Sorted it with a cable tie lol
Shame that my rad decided to piss out and now its chucking water outta the thermostat housing and put it on the ramp and the exhaust is fouling the rear axle and the floor lol, man i love my nova