PDA

View Full Version : Bollocks...

Rexy
15-10-10, 11:38 PM
Since the Bike accident I've become more and more scared of the road, I've turned into a proper ****bag passenger now, doubting if I want another bike even tho a few weeks ago I was adamant and tonight i even thought about not bothering with a car again :tard:

So with this in mind, and before it gets anyworse... I realllly need to get driving again a month has passed since i broke my leg and I can kinda hobble around and put weight on it and should be able to drive without a problem so I've started looking for cars.

Now... would it be wrong to consider a 2004 plate 2.0l 16v 167hp car for 1k even if it is french.

I refuse to pay 1k for a nova which will have rot somewhere and certainly need a re-paint and im certainly not up for paying nearly 3k for one which will still need a repaint and work lol.

I dont want to spent anymore than 1k atm even less than that in honesty as its ideally a winter hack/confidence builder etc blah blah...

Thoughts????

SR-Rally
15-10-10, 11:41 PM
Once you get back on the road you'l be fine :) same with my sister when she crashed but now she's nuts as ever.

As for the car go for it. :) although you can get good novas for under £1000 just need to look hard enough

Mike
15-10-10, 11:43 PM
Mate get yourself a £500 Corsa B or something **** like that IMO.

Lee
15-10-10, 11:44 PM
Sounds like anything will do at the moment matey, just pick up something cheap and cheerful with tax and test to drive during the winter. That gives you breathing space to decide what car you really want and also gets you in the driving seat as quick as possible.

You know I take the pish out of you at any given oppertunity, but this aint no joke mate, i've been in a similar situation before and the best thing you can do is get out on the road again quick as possible before your brain starts to develop a genuine fear rather than the general anxiety you have at the moment.

'Luckily' I stacked a company car so once I was recovered to the office, I had my own car to get back into, but it took my manager literally an hour to convince me to get in and drive it!

Spudly
15-10-10, 11:48 PM
Now... would it be wrong to consider a 2004 plate 2.0l 16v 167hp car for 1k even if it is french.

Thats gotta be a fookin cheap 172 then, and as you well know theye competent cars so get it done, you will find youre scared of the road and other road users to some degree from now on and this is unavoidable, its about five years maybe more since my SR got T-boned by a punto and i still bab my pants when a car comes up to the give way markings on a side street too fast for my liking:cry:

Get back into a car and build your confidence again, dont get a bike just yet as you may go out and scare yourself off it completely, get your confidence back in what you know (a car) then work back to a bike, id prefer as a mate to see you stick to a car but im advising you from the perspective of you wanting to be back on a bike!

maddogdaz666
15-10-10, 11:49 PM
u can have my BMW for £1000 in the for sale section, 323 tourer with M3 kit. i feel very confident driving it and find myself goin much faster than i should be cos it feels that safe and confortable!!

Sloth
15-10-10, 11:50 PM
i was at upulllit at the weekend, thay had a reno megane coupe 2.0 for 600 with mot till april 2011.

Spudly
15-10-10, 11:51 PM
u can have my BMW for £1000 in the for sale section, 323 tourer with M3 kit. i feel very confident driving it and find myself goin much faster than i should be cos it feels that safe and confortable!!

Lol trust me pal you wont sell that to Rexy, go play in the for sale section please:p

Rexy
15-10-10, 11:57 PM
hahaha cheers fella's

Spud its actually a xsara VTS which again I have a lot of confidence in from my old one.

Lee, Im glad you know how im feeling as to me this is stupid considering the nature of well me lol. Its hard to compute why a few weeks ago i did 160 and now im ****ting myself when a car breaks, a car pulls upto a junction etc its unreal.

Sloth
16-10-10, 12:00 AM
im the same as a passenger since some dopey tart pulled out in front of me on as roundabout in 2005. driving im fine, passenger im fubar...

Mike
16-10-10, 12:02 AM
im the same as a passenger since some dopey tart pulled out in front of me on as roundabout in 2005. driving im fine, passenger im fubar...

You be up poo creek as a passenger in a car with me then lol lol lol

Spudly
16-10-10, 12:02 AM
Spud its actually a xsara VTS which again I have a lot of confidence in from my old one.

Well in which case its still a capable fast car (with the emphasis on 'car') you cannot be knocked off, nor fall off a 'car'.

You know a few years back i would never have willed you to getting a french car but i am here bud, whether it rekindles your love for the car or not is another matter but you need to stick to what you know for a while to get your nerve back, and believe me it will take a while, like i say five years on and stuff still shakes me up!

Mark
16-10-10, 12:03 AM
16 Fractures in my left leg, 180 stitches, 2 pins in my hip, a bar and 6 screws in my foot, pin in my right knee, plate in my head, left foot off...

30mph on a bike.

Have I ridden since, hell yes, however, just couldn't get it out of my head that some fecker would put out on me again, so gave it up..

70mph into a stationary car when the brakes failed on my works mk4 astra van.....2 broken thumbs

enough said.

Lee
16-10-10, 12:08 AM
Lee, Im glad you know how im feeling as to me this is stupid considering the nature of well me lol. Its hard to compute why a few weeks ago i did 160 and now im ****ting myself when a car breaks, a car pulls upto a junction etc its unreal.

Mate, the brain is a funny old thing! After i'd recovered from my appendix bursting, I started having panic attacks at night. I'd convince myself my heart was stopping! It was really weird, and there was nothign I could do to stop it. Funny thing was, all it took was a trip to the hospital and an ECG to confirm I wasn't going to die, and I was absolutely fine after that.

I'm not an irrational person, and during the day I wouldn't even think about it. Was just something in my brain wired wrong when i was lying in bed lol

Spudly
16-10-10, 12:09 AM
Here is what remained of my old 1400 SR after a punto failed to give way to me....

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/spudly01/Cars/Inbarriers.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/spudly01/Cars/Inbarriers3.jpg

And the next day with a real camera.....

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/../images/car_images/2632big7.jpg

You will always panic when faced with a similar situation, there is no way around that, imo a car is the safest place to be, in that situation!

Sloth
16-10-10, 12:58 AM
You be up poo creek as a passenger in a car with me then lol lol lol

if you tell me when, ill be ok, its the unexpected ****....

Sloth
16-10-10, 12:59 AM
spud was that opposite la's?

Ernie
16-10-10, 09:11 AM
I was in the passenger seat of this when it hit a tree.
All i can remember is seeing the wipers going and asking my mate why he was in the middle of the road picking his cd's up.
I managed to gash my leg wile taking the stereo out in the impact aswell as whiplash and a big cut to my head.My gf at the time was sat in the back and as this had no rear seat belts she hit the roof when it went over.
All this happened because a fiat panda came round a blind bend on the wrong side of the road.My mate swerved to miss hitting it head on then the mini fish tailed till it found the only tree along a strait bit of road.
Skid bank skid bank tree and thats all i remeber as said.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/150afc38.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/f0391a4c.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/fccf1aad.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/4a73cab7.jpg
Get well and back on the road soon.

Andy
16-10-10, 09:36 AM
ive had a few crashes,one bad one on a bike (head on into a car at 40/50) snapped my cub 90 in half and i flew over the car
I was only 17 at the time,i didnt ride a bike for a while then i just took a big gulp and jumped on my cousins Dtr and just rode it around for a bit.Was really shaking at 1st but was fine after that.

MattBrown
16-10-10, 09:41 AM
Once you get back on the road you'l be fine :) same with my sister when she crashed but now she's nuts as ever.

As for the car go for it. :) although you can get good novas for under £1000 just need to look hard enough

You kept this sister quiet.

*Awaits abuse phone call.

Rexy, get a motocross bike, and the French pos.

Ten you can build confidence on both again.

Yorkie
16-10-10, 09:45 AM
there have been some pretty decent novas on ebay selling at around £300, but you can always get the car your looking at, novas are so cheap if you look hard, you could always pick one up when ever you fancied if you mised them :)

Pistol Pete
16-10-10, 10:08 AM
Rexy, i was the same after my accident. I was ok with driving but made for a very nervous passenger. It will pass, i assure you. Best thing is to get back behind the bars/wheel. I drove for the first time nearly 6 months after my off. lol mainly because my leg wouldnt work.

Lynsey
16-10-10, 02:43 PM
I had to get back in a motor asap after my accident. I used to be fearless but I think it knocked a fair bit of sense into me (and knocked some of the fun out :() and now I'm definately more cautious, especially in the wet. I don't think that will ever change, once you've had quite a serious accident. I'm just thankful that you're alright after my friend died in a motorbike collision last year :cry: Best wishes with getting back on the road (four wheels please!), I'm sure you'll get right back into it :thumb: