PDA

View Full Version : pistons

16v Nova Kev
15-10-10, 10:52 PM
anybody use these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JE-Forged-Pistons-OPEL-Astra-Calibra-C20XE-C20LE-C20LET-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439c1c74d4QQitemZ29038 1919444QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

philip
16-10-10, 07:14 AM
i dont think you would really save that much. i can see what i can get them for via catcams if wanted? with abit of discount.

dont forget if something was to go wrong, you have to deal with them over in the states rather than over here too. makes life abit easier.

is it the low comp pistons your after? as that pic shows raised crown pistons?

Plug
16-10-10, 08:01 AM
also import tax when arriving in the uk :(

16v Nova Kev
16-10-10, 04:26 PM
was looking for pistons with deeper pockets for the valves.im worring about contact with my newman 288 cams fitted.

philip
17-10-10, 10:29 AM
u should be able to get away with pocketing the stock pistons aslong as there the early forged ones, they would want a further 2mm out in the pockets.

i would say ive got some flat top je pistons, but there for a job but ive not heard off the lad for months. i could get the part number off them though and see what i could do?

16v Nova Kev
17-10-10, 01:21 PM
aye sounds good let me know.

turbo-boy
18-10-10, 07:58 AM
I have a set if early redtop mahle pistons and rods and are stamped 86p .£50 if you interested.yea my mate had problem when getting stuff from the states he thought he was getting stuff cheap into he got hit with import tax

spanishfly
18-10-10, 08:17 AM
you got two options if the cams and pistons touch.
Early 86p mahles and have the cutout made bigger. Problem here is you lose compression and squish.
High comp pistons will give more power through higher compression and better squish. The problem here is as and 'insurance' that your money won't be wasted you should get good steel rods like arrow/saenz etc not the cheaper chinese copies (doesn't matter where you buy them from).

Ironically I have a set of Arrows for sale and a set of +1mm paul ivey valves. The only problem with buying them from me and the pistons your indicating is that you'll them want to spec bigger cams to get to 230-250 bhp.... vicious circle.

16v Nova Kev
18-10-10, 01:50 PM
i aint changing the cams thats for sure they are brand new and were a steal 150 iirc. i will prob go with the early 86p's as i think i have a set. or i might get away with just a set of vernier pulleys i have got it 1 touth out just now to get it turning. cheers for the replies guys i would be stuck without you lot:)

Ben
18-10-10, 06:18 PM
i dont think you would really save that much. i can see what i can get them for via catcams if wanted? with abit of discount.

dont forget if something was to go wrong, you have to deal with them over in the states rather than over here too. makes life abit easier.

But cat cams are in Belgium not the Uk? so same issue if something wrong surely?

16v Nova Kev
18-10-10, 07:51 PM
not if they have a dealer over here.