PDA

View Full Version : big help needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blacknova123
14-10-10, 10:41 PM
hi i have a 1992 nova wide arched and i put a 1.4 8v init for now untill i get a proper one but i am having trouble getting it started..:)

basically i had a bog standard 1.2 engine :mad: in there with the big carb but now this engine is aparently single port so i bought an ecu of a corsa m-reg and the engine wires... will the ecu automatically work or will i face problems...

secondly i had to wire the conncetion from the ecu to the fuse box but i have no idea how to connect it.. would anyojn have a steop by step way to connect it so i can get it running...i bought all the under dash loom but i only need the connector to the ecu and wire them wires up..

help needed asap to get my lovely wide arch back on the road. :cry:

Sloth
14-10-10, 10:47 PM
so lets get thsi right, you have a 1.2 spi engine and have the loom off a 1.2 spi corsa?

Lee
15-10-10, 04:13 PM
Few reasons why its impossible to help you here.

1. What engine is in the Nova? 1.4 8v isn't enough information, there were a few variations of this engine.

2. What corsa engine have you had the loom from? Ill say almost straight away it wont be correct.

First and foremost, get the engine code from the engine in the Nova, it will be on top of the bottom end, around the head area.

Once you know this you can source the correct engine loom for it. You cant just bung any old 1400 loom on there and expect it to work lol

blacknova123
16-10-10, 10:13 PM
tell you the truth the loom is of an mreg corsa and connects in all the right places for the engine thats not a problems but we thought that instead of changing all the loom under the dash borad we thouht we could connect the ecu plug into the existing loom. this would be easier. the ecu is connected with the engine loom and the plug thats a 9 pin plug that has another connector on the other side with one wire going to the fuse box and the rest going to seperate places... i just need to know what these wires were. i think maybe ill take some pictures and show you. the engine when i bought it came out of a nove. its a singl point engine 1.4 8v. if that makes sense.

novacabrio
16-10-10, 10:20 PM
Bin it all and start again, buy a loom from a 1.2 spi Nova and fit it to a nova! Trying to bodge wiring will cost in the long run with reliability etc.

Do it once and do it right!!!!

Sloth
16-10-10, 10:46 PM
actually, he can use the corsa wiring. that 9 pin plug has all the bits to make it run, just find the red, black and the red with a blue trace. the red is perm live, the black is switched live that needs to stay live when cranking, and the red/blue is the fuel pump. that needs to go to your fuel pump for the engine. the other wires are sensor wires, blue is coolant, green rev counter etc.

Sloth
16-10-10, 10:46 PM
also where are you?

blacknova123
17-10-10, 05:27 PM
im in loughbrough near leicester pal. so on the corsa loom i only have under the dash and the engine loom that connects to the ecu. on the loom under the dash their is a plug near the passwenger door. its like 2 rectangle plugs that plug in. do i cut these off or what. it looks like a long scart plug for example.

blacknova123
17-10-10, 05:28 PM
also thanks 4 yur help mate !!! much appreciated just gotta get it running