PDA

View Full Version : ARE AVO COILOVERS SERVICEABLE??

novashed
24-05-03, 10:06 PM
ive got a rear shock thats leaking and ive snapped the front damping adjuster knob, and its knocking now :bad-word:

brian
25-05-03, 01:42 PM
a friend of mine had Avo coilovers in a Civic and one was leaking. He sent it back and either it was repaired or replaced but he got one back anyway.

mikeoxford
26-05-03, 09:47 PM
can you not just buy a new knob? or is it the complete shaft thats busted?

Jules
26-05-03, 10:49 PM
From personal experience, I wouldn't but Avo shocks.
I've had mine (Top adjustable) on for 18 months - approx - and one of the fronts no longer adjusts, the other front one knocks like something that knocks a lot and the rears lost all theer adjustment ages ago, plus IO had to wait weeks and weeks for them (From Avo themselves) after they had taken the money from my account (All ?350 of it).
I'd contact them and make a complaint but they'll probably offer to fix or replace 'em and then I'd just have some more Avo shocks!!!
I'd rather just rip 'em off and maybe pick up some Bilsteins at PV2003 / VBOA / Trax at trade prices with any luck.

I know this is of no help to yourself but thought I'd post it as a warning to others.

/me wishes I'd of got Bilsteins the first time round!!!
:roll:

novashed
27-05-03, 10:06 AM
its the shaft that is bust mike as you said. i think i over tightened it to get the top hat off, consequently syheared it off and now has probably bust the seals in the shocker

nova---chris
27-05-03, 10:24 AM
avo will repair it if u send it back to em!
dunno how much
i had both my front ones repaired.!