PDA

View Full Version : Bee sting

adam2472
24-05-03, 09:45 PM
i recently got a bee sting ariel from a golf mk3. :D i remember there being alot of talk on here about bee-stings having crap reception so i wana get one which is amplified. this golf one has some kinda circuit board in the base of the aerial.. does this mean its an amplified one??.. if not i dunt think il bother using it.. do all ariels have this?

Nova-Boy
25-05-03, 12:26 AM
chances are that it is if there is a circuit. Most ariels dont have a circuit in them just a wire to a metal ariel. Go for it. If its above the foor (which it obviously will be) then it should give an ok reception amplified or not.

mikeoxford
26-05-03, 11:55 PM
its just the un amplified halfords ones that dont seem to be much cop

Jim
28-05-03, 04:08 PM
Is it all aftermarket Beesting aerials that give poor reception? I was looking at getting one, but obvioulsy want one thats going to give me a decent reception. I've been looking at PVD, SuperNovas and my local Motor World for Beestings. Will all these be similar to the halfords ones?

Jim

stugsi
28-05-03, 08:01 PM
try the scrap yards i got a amplified one off a corsa took me a hour though i had to unwind the loom from the radio all the way back to the roof. :evil: it has a second wire on it that you wire to the power