PDA

View Full Version : Turbo help please ( info required )

bazil
13-10-10, 03:40 AM
Right in around a year I'll be putting a turbo engine in me nova, I'm still learning about forced induction and associated issues, first questions I have are, how do you tell the size if the turbo from the markings, the picture shows the T25 I have bolted to Courtney manifold for my E16, I've read this is good for 170 - 200 bhp?
Second question is what other turbos share the same flange? Incase I wanted a larger turbo,

Now I'm not completely clueless and don't expect somebody to hold my hand and tell me everything but a few pointers would be appreciated.

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/Bazil_2468/gsi/eea8a5ea.jpg

Edd
13-10-10, 04:26 AM
If it helps that turbo is off a Rover 220 turbo mate, I know I removed it :d

I think that when Courtenay originally sold the conversion they came with a T2

That's as much as I know, when sensible people wake up in the morning maybe they can explain more lol

bazil
13-10-10, 04:34 AM
Cheers Edd, lol at sensible on here,

Just trying to speed up the learning process,
so far I'm looking at changing from dizzy to coilpack with aftermarket management ( brand unknown as I'll need to see who can map what up here, no point buying something that nobody uses up here)
just going with the spacer ( I beleive it goes block, gasket, spacer, gasket, head)
I know the different flow rates for white and cream and blue injectors now so might go for cream ones, my head has been skimmed and tested around 300 miles ago and probably get the crank and flywheel balanced but not lightened,
lots more in my head but it's all a waste if the turbo is wrong lol

Edd
13-10-10, 04:44 AM
When I had that kit I was intending on using the turbo but changing the actuator if the spring was too stiff

With regards to the management, when Craig had his e16se Courtenay conversion, he had a cs15 head, standard management and that was 175 bhp, all depends what power you want to achieve and how deep your pockets are lol

Yep, block, gasket, spacer, gasket, head

bazil
13-10-10, 05:11 AM
Power wise I would like min of 200, I've still to look into getting low comp pistons, rods as well,
as for costs, you've seen my build thread, I beleive by the time the car is ready for the engine the cost will be near 5k so I won't skimp and do a cheap engine.

Edd
13-10-10, 05:15 AM
My 1300 low comp pistons are GM ones, fitted in 1300 Opel kaddets to red 2 star fuel

I'm sure there is a GM 1600 low comp piston that would be the cheapest and best option

Mowgli is the man to tell you