PDA

View Full Version : let problem

16v Nova Kev
11-10-10, 10:56 PM
my mate has a nova with a c20let fitted he has recently fitted a new oil pump and turbo. he started it tonight and the dip stick poped and flew out. and when you put it back in it will keep popping out.:wtf:

ste porter
11-10-10, 11:01 PM
you got major breather isues at a guess

is there a one way valve in the breather from the throttle bodie to the rocker cover if not it will presureise the crank case on boost

failing that i fear you may have some fairly major issues!

Damo
11-10-10, 11:01 PM
Is the relief valve on the pump free? was the pump brand new or used?
sound like the oil pressure miles too high or theres too much crankcase pressure blocked breather......

Damo.

16v Nova Kev
11-10-10, 11:04 PM
you got major breather isues at a guess

is there a one way valve in the breather from the throttle bodie to the rocker cover if not it will presureise the crank case on boost

failing that i fear you may have some fairly major issues!

its doing it on tickover wouldn't dare rev it just turned it off. and not sure about the one way valve it never did this before:(

16v Nova Kev
11-10-10, 11:04 PM
Is the relief valve on the pump free? was the pump brand new or used?
sound like the oil pressure miles too high or theres too much crankcase pressure blocked breather......

Damo.

i was thinking blocked breather:thumb:

Damo
11-10-10, 11:06 PM
^^^^^Yea possibly kev.

16v Nova Kev
11-10-10, 11:09 PM
sorted he left a pipe off.

Damo
11-10-10, 11:12 PM
sorted he left a pipe off.

Nice one mate glad you got it sorted now.:thumb:

16v Nova Kev
11-10-10, 11:17 PM
i was funny tho i have never seen a dip stick fly before lol

craig green
11-10-10, 11:27 PM
What have to understand, is that with a crank case pressurised like that, it will force the oil out of the mains. Or rather the pump will struggle to keep them lubed, so you risk killing the bottom end. Not funny at all, unless its someone elses engine, preferably a Renault.

16v Nova Kev
11-10-10, 11:32 PM
even just ticking over