PDA

View Full Version : Where do i stand.

bmw156
11-10-10, 10:00 PM
hey guys.

i sent a parcel to brazil,
the guy made me put a full price auction on ebay ( i wanted to put high postage to skip the fee's) but he made put it the right price, fair play, in his words, do it right.

so he buys it, pays for it etc all is good. good comms.

he says on the package to put the item price cheaper to avoid import fee's his end. so i put on the full price to "do it right" and sent it.

the item is now there (yes royal fail got a parcel to brazil. fook me). and the buyer is complaining he has to pay massive import fee's because i put the right value on the parcel and he is threatening to decline the parcel and send it back for a refund.

mowgli
11-10-10, 10:03 PM
who did you post it with??? if you used an online service with your credit card details, you may be charged some more.. if you paid cash at the post office, then sod him.

JensonLEI
11-10-10, 10:12 PM
As said if you didn't give any contact details, funk him off.

Pistol Pete
11-10-10, 10:13 PM
Can i ask what it was you sold. IF you offer a refund whats to stop him sending back a copy/broke item?

If he asked for you to do it properly and you did, surely its his problem?

Hang it out for 45 days and tell him (in the words of Andy) present himself to fukk....

mowgli
11-10-10, 10:13 PM
when you export something, you must put return details.

novacabrio
11-10-10, 10:18 PM
Email him and said you put the full value to "do it right" and also to cover the possible loss of the item for insurance. You did the right thing. If its via ebay then contact them before he does and explain the situation and that he was trying to fiddle the import duty for the item. I'd be supprised if they didnt side with you.

Lee
11-10-10, 10:19 PM
Why didn't you do as he asked? Brazil has unbelievable import tax. When I send my dad tea, I even have to devalue that, otherwise he'd end up paying ludicrous amounts.

Im not surprised he's peeved tbh.

Mike
11-10-10, 10:19 PM
Blokes on an age old con. He'll say its your fault, he'll say he's having it sent back to you. It'll never arrive. He'll claim a refund an win, but also keep item.

Reason why I never EVER send anything out of the UK when selling stuff. If I cant drive there & visit them in person, then I wont send it for love nor money.

General Baxter
11-10-10, 10:20 PM
i import things from jap all the time

just tell him its illegal as its tax evasion, tell him to acept the chargers as its nothing to do with you, or you will get incontact with his goverment for tax evasion

iv just ordered £107 worth of parts from jap, im expecting a VAT bill

17.5% +5% import tax

just get incontact with ebay just warn them what is happening, hes refusing to pay import tax and having the package returned, he wont have a come back

Lee
11-10-10, 10:25 PM
17.5% +5% import tax

Brazil will slap up to 25% of value on imported stuff depending on value OR whether its a luxury. A lot of this tax isn't even listed and you wont know about it till its sat in the port.

Brazillian authorities are some of the most corrupt in the world.

General Baxter
11-10-10, 10:25 PM
thats not his fault is it,

last think i ordered from japan was £66 posted, i had to pay £25 to get it, and i even had to drive 40miles to the depo

i now pay an extra 15USD to use UPS lol

Lee
11-10-10, 10:30 PM
thats not his fault is it,

last think i ordered from japan was £66 posted, i had to pay £25 to get it, and i even had to drive 40miles to the depo

i now pay an extra 15USD to use UPS lol

No, I can just understand why the guy is peeved, thats all. Paying tax is one thing, but over there all you're doing is lining the pockets of the federal police most of the time lol

General Baxter
11-10-10, 10:33 PM
its a risk

did you put a receipt with the part, if so he would of been boned then, as they will open it to inspect it, then just adjust the tax to that,

then you get a nasty letter about making a fake shipping invoice

bmw156
12-10-10, 07:17 AM
thanks for the replies.

there was no paper work inside the parcel.
it wa sa set of astra GTE roof handles, the ones which commonly break. so he could send back a broken set!

and lee i hear what your saying, about the corrupt port, and the massive import fee's, but if he wanted me to put a lower value he should of let me "fudge" the auction to stop me paying 70 quids worth of fee's!

royal mail is **** also, i have a tracking number, and royal mail say they cant track parcels out of the UK, so what fooking use is that!

Jack
12-10-10, 09:44 AM
I can see your point. Not sure what its like in Brazil, but in the UK you could be liable for a hefty fine for misrepresentation of value, tax evasion etc.

I'm with Mike, this is why I never sell to overseas people on ebay. Should have explained to him that you weren't willing to change the value on the goods prior to sending them but as they say, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Ebay should side with you if he raises a trouble ticket and you get the chance to explain yourself though.

GRUNT 16V
12-10-10, 10:40 AM
dont send things out of the uk !!!!!!!!!!!!!! lesson learned!

bmw156
12-10-10, 12:21 PM
i might just tell him to go through ebay and "do it right"

and they should side for me.

L14MNP
12-10-10, 12:25 PM
Do that, or string him along for over 60 days (iirc) until he can't put in a Paypal dispute. lol

His fault anyway. He can't have it both ways.

General Baxter
13-10-10, 06:14 PM
royal fail,

ups FTW
http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?HTMLVersion=5.0&loc=xx-XX&trackNums=1ZA535270441165972&track.y=10

bmw156
13-10-10, 08:29 PM
fooking hell. is that in one day baxter?

Jack
13-10-10, 08:38 PM
That shipping tracker doesn't make sense, even if you consider the HK times as local, it took 4 hours to fly from there to the UK? Its an 11 hour flight from HK!

Bubba
13-10-10, 08:39 PM
serves him right for living in brazil...ive sent parts to spain, greece, hongykongy...never had any issues before

General Baxter
13-10-10, 09:10 PM
That shipping tracker doesn't make sense, even if you consider the HK times as local, it took 4 hours to fly from there to the UK? Its an 11 hour flight from HK!

if you look closely its - 4 hours lol

its all local time and date,

so it was local time in HK when posted then the local time in the uk when it arrived lol

time travel :p

Jack
13-10-10, 09:26 PM
its all local time and date,

so it was local time in HK when posted then the local time in the uk when it arrived lol
Yeah, so it left HK at 10pm (2pmZ, HK is +8 hours), and arrived in the UK at 6pmZ? That makes 4 hours journey time...

General Baxter
14-10-10, 05:14 PM
its dont make sense look at it now,

iv been phoning all day, trying to find out how much the import duty is,

bmw156
14-10-10, 07:18 PM
i think that it shows the "convo" between the UK and HK. i guess its now in dubai...

General Baxter
14-10-10, 07:35 PM
the package is still in the uk, thats the paper work flying back and forth lol

bmw156
14-10-10, 07:36 PM
so are you sending to HK or buying form HK?

General Baxter
14-10-10, 07:38 PM
buying, at least once a month lol

General Baxter
15-10-10, 04:13 PM
now check it, iv sent 5 emails, several faxes, all with my gun license import stuff on the clear it all lol