PDA

View Full Version : Digidash prob......pleeeeeeaaase help

PE4
24-05-03, 05:20 PM
I have been using a digi dash (tick type) in my mk1 dash for a while, I have just installed a mk2 dash, but when the I turn the car on I can see that the dash is working, (I can see the revs go up) but there is no light, and also when I turn it on both of the indicator lights are on, and when I actually turn my headlights on, the indicator lights get brighter?!!??

Any ideas? I'm stuck :( :oops: :?

- All switches on dash are working, could the fact that I have changed some of the loom to fit the mk2 switches have made a difference?

Cheers all :beer:

brian
25-05-03, 01:39 PM
did you follow the installation guide and are you 100% certain the wiring you did as shown in the guide is perfect?
Also have you the two wires running down to the indicator stalk wiring (which turn off the two green lights)

mikeoxford
26-05-03, 10:24 PM
sounds like you have wired something wrong

and the dials not lighting up will be the halogen bulbs inside surely?

AW3K
26-05-03, 10:38 PM
went to this scrappers the other day and saw this , i think it had a digi dash but it was hard to tell cos it was burnt.

http://www.simpsonsalvage.com/images/large/256377.jpg

always check ur wiring!! u don't want that to happen do you

AW3K

mikeoxford
26-05-03, 10:40 PM
:o jeezuz!

im glad i soldered all mine up

that definately was due to a digidash or different clocks, eg nova gte or something!

has to be :o

AW3K
26-05-03, 10:42 PM
thats what i thought,

www.simpsonsalvage.com under salvage cars

Make & Model Vauxhall Nova
Trim Level 1.4SR
CC 1389
Damage Heavy clocks area fire
Reg Year J 1991

AW3K

PE4
27-05-03, 06:56 PM
I have not changed the wiring that connects to the digi clocks from when it was in my mk1 dash, I just unplugged it. I have checked all the connections anyway and not found any probs....I will have to just start again methinks...... :?

Thanks for the replies all

Steve

Aragorn
28-05-03, 07:23 PM
i thaught the whole dash run from a 10A fuse in the fuse box

if so its gonna be quite hard to create a short big enough (ie lots of current) to create enough heat to do that