PDA

View Full Version : suspension + geometry set up.

novaxe235
11-10-10, 07:10 PM
Right is there anywhere local to Weston, Bristol, Bridgewater, that does a full suspension set up, as in camber, castor, tracking etc, i want somewhere that will go right through the car as it wonders like ****, and drives horrible, all the suspension is new, everything is poly bushed, new rack etc, Ive done everything i can think of, so its now time for someone else to have a look.

nova_saloon
11-10-10, 07:37 PM
well whenever you fit new suspension and sometimes bushes you need to get the tracking done, as you go lower the toe goes in, and the camber adjusts to. camber you dont need to worry about just need to get the tracking done. then should be fine. check your tyres too before you get it done due to the fact if it has had bad adjustment can cause it to bugger up the tyres. and when you stuck the new rack on did you count how many times it took to wind off the old track rod ends and then wind them on the new rack with the same amount of spins keeps the tracknig in roughly the same setting

novaxe235
11-10-10, 07:43 PM
well whenever you fit new suspension and sometimes bushes you need to get the tracking done, as you go lower the toe goes in, and the camber adjusts to. camber you dont need to worry about just need to get the tracking done. then should be fine. check your tyres too before you get it done due to the fact if it has had bad adjustment can cause it to bugger up the tyres. and when you stuck the new rack on did you count how many times it took to wind off the old track rod ends and then wind them on the new rack with the same amount of spins keeps the tracking in roughly the same settingTracking has been done by 4 wheel alignment, tyres are 4 brand new Michelin's i thought as its a track/road car with new adjustable top mounts it may be best to get the camber/caster done.

nova_saloon
11-10-10, 08:16 PM
why didnt you say, you just want a laser allignment done at a good garage, just use yell.com and find yourself one with that. the adjustable top mounts shouldnt be hard for them.

novaxe235
11-10-10, 08:35 PM
OK thanks.