PDA

View Full Version : What fuel pressure...

L14MNP
11-10-10, 11:59 AM
should an injected motor run at? I guess this is mostly for Rob lol.

I have a pressure gauge T'd into the fuel feed on the Volvo now mate. It says around 2.5 bar with igntion off and sits at 7.5 when running! :/

I haven't drove it yet to see if it increases/decreases under load, but I am hoping that when it cuts out the PSi will drop right off.

Surely that's far too high though? The FPR opens at 3 bar.

Sloth
11-10-10, 02:08 PM
the pump can deliver anything upto 10 bar in pressure, its the flow rate thats important. i.e litres per min.
btw its the reg that sets the rail pressure. :)
daft q but how have you got the pipes on it? i.e feed and return?
what pump? the 240 one?

L14MNP
11-10-10, 02:17 PM
it has my head mashed lol.

IIRC it goes tank feed - pump

pump outlet to rail feed (inline filter), rail return to tank (FPR is on return on rail)

It's a 740/940 OEM spec inline pump mate, 240LPH IIRC.

Sloth
11-10-10, 02:22 PM
should be fine, you sure you havent got a fubar injector? is it still driving like a 3 legged badger on glue?

L14MNP
11-10-10, 02:31 PM
Injectors seem to atomize as healthy ones should and there's one that's flowing maybe 5% less than the other 3. My fly test rig consisting of 4 salt cellars gaffer taped to the injectors gave me the highly accurate results lol.

I will whip the injectors off and have them pro cleaned though, as it can only do good.

I took the car for a blast last night and it went like a scalded cat , and that aint just cos I have been driving the Seicento! lol It definitley had a little soemthign extra, but it's so random. I could use it today and it will just bog down on me and die.

I'm hoping the gauge will shed some light on the pressure situation. I'm replacing the tank for an injection one over the winter too, i think that has a lot to do with it (possible sediment).

L14MNP
12-10-10, 09:52 AM
Took it out for a run last night and when it begins to stutter the pressure does drop off.

Is there any way of testing the pump?

Sloth
12-10-10, 12:10 PM
not really, just change the pump for another, also have you got a full taNK WHEN TESTING? IT MAY BE FUEL STARVATION DUE TO NO SWIRL POT. **** CAPS....

L14MNP
12-10-10, 12:29 PM
Shouting at me. :( (lol)

Had about 1/3rd of a tank mate. Keeping it low so when I have to pull it all apart again I won't get (as) owned.

The swirl pot thing is interesting, as the bricks have a pre-pump and main pump as standard. I still go back to the fact it used to work though, even on the too small 2.0i job. :/ lol

Sloth
12-10-10, 01:30 PM
hmm, it does need a swirly pot, you could try a mann filter, part no wk69/1. its an audi part, and has 3 pipes and works as a filter AND a swirl pot. £20 iirc.