PDA

View Full Version : DIY SINGLE WIPER KNOCKING - PLEASE HELP, ITS DRIVING ME MAD!

heyiwanafly
24-05-03, 12:56 PM
:evil: Hey, Ive recently had the t peice shortened 7mm, Looks great, covers whole windscreen, but its fouling the top of fire wall and the grill bit where water drains thru, in the corner where the two meet.
Ive filed down the ball joint area to the maximum, and the rubber bit on the ball joint is still hitting. Ive also battered thwe firewall and bent some of those grill bits upward,
Can anyone help me??? Its still knocking and sounds bad..... Please help.. any tipsor advice?

Freak
24-05-03, 01:21 PM
They all knock
even the proper kits

live with it

?Marty?
24-05-03, 03:40 PM
Mine doesn't.

It's an adjustable one, so i can adjust the sweep while it's 'on car'. Thugh once or twice it's come a little loose from use, and started kocking.

Shit, so it erm, does knock then.

Fergie_sfc
24-05-03, 05:03 PM
alright mate,single wiper kits look smooth.finish car off nicely!
come down southampton 2moro for a meet were holding. at west quay shopping centre bout 5pm in halfords car park. next to main road on way to leisure world. bring ya mates.
fergie.

Nova-Boy
24-05-03, 06:18 PM
set it to stop at the side. May look good in the midle but will only p*ss you off when its there all the time and will fail an MOT.

locky
25-05-03, 11:47 AM
Bend the arm slightly it wont knock!!!!! just needs a bit here n there!

GTE-RACER
25-05-03, 04:17 PM
set it to stop at the side. May look good in the midle but will only p*ss you off when its there all the time and will fail an MOT.

My wipers set in the middle and has passed 3 MOT's (all at different MOT test stations). I was told aslong as it wipes a certain amount of the screen it's ok.

Jim
25-05-03, 06:10 PM
I bought a Storm single wiper and haven't heard it knock.

Have the wiper resting to one side as well. Mine rests about a 1/4 of the way up the screen on the passenger side, looks smart IMO.

Jim

heyiwanafly
25-05-03, 07:55 PM
Bend the arm slightly it wont knock!!!!! just needs a bit here n there!
Erm, do u mean the arm in the wiper mechanism under bonnet or u talking about wiper blade? Iv considered bending arm inside car, which connects to 't' bit, will that help?

heyiwanafly
25-05-03, 07:57 PM
alright mate,single wiper kits look smooth.finish car off nicely!
come down southampton 2moro for a meet were holding. at west quay shopping centre bout 5pm in halfords car park. next to main road on way to leisure world. bring ya mates.
fergie.
hey its like 8pm now and i was planin on being down at 5, but got bit side tracked with car, and ya no how it is. anyway, il be around in a bit, so will drive past, if i c an nova il go n say hi. no doubt u gone by now tho!

locky
25-05-03, 10:51 PM
Yeah the galvanised bar, the 1 that links the motor 2 the blade, it has the ball joints on either end!
HTH!

mikeoxford
26-05-03, 10:12 PM
it knocks because the arm underneath the bonnet is too long, its the piece with the ball joint on hitting your bulk head.

hence why the monotstyle one is adjuatable, just have a fiddle with it.

my monostyle one has never knocked

cudnt set it up at first and it was right *w@nk*

but then i read the instructions again :oops: