PDA

View Full Version : Royal Fail Rant....

Sloth
08-10-10, 09:52 AM
Mods, feel free to move to Muppet if it’s in the wrong place. Ta!

Right, this bunch of inept monkey bummers are doing my head in. basically im doing my mates mot repairs on his legacy. It failed on a few odd bits, and the front drop links. Having priced em up from the local factors, who asked for £27 each for 2 bits of plastic 4 inches long, i got on eBay and found a seller doing them for £21 Inc post for a pair. I ordered and was told they would be here for Thursday. Now my eBay stuff goes to my mums gaff, which is retired and at home all day. I made her aware there may be parcels coming, and seen as my old man went fishing at 6am she was up at the same time. What happened next is, mum was upstairs and heard a knock at the front door, so came down the stairs, to find a “whilst you was out” slip at the bottom of them under the letterbox. It stated the mail operative (read: bell end postie) had knocked 3 times and had got no answer?? Now my mother knows this wasn’t the case, and the half-wit had knocked and legged it. So I popped over and collected said slip, and went to the post office. Having handed the slip to the thick bint behind the counter, who obviously wasn’t the least bit interested, she told me the mail wasn’t back yet and it would be 72 hours until it could be collected. WHAT THE FUKK? 72 hours? Where is it going via, inver-fukking-ness? Silly cow behind the counter explained its normal for it to take this long. Why? Do they open it, stick it up their ass and wear it for a day? How safe is it whilst it’s out of the depot? It really makes my piss boil, as due to one lazy mo-fo postie I now have to wait till Monday to get my parts. Then to add insult to it, today another parcel arrived at mums, the postie knocked, and waited till mum came, when she asked if he did the delivery yesterday, he told her “nah love, some polish lad did, he’s known for pulling that trick” wait till I get hold of him. ****.

/rant over/

Please add you experiences of these inept moronic Mongoloid’s.

gazz
08-10-10, 09:58 AM
what a pi$$ take rob. our parcels are available for collection on same day if not delivered.can you not put in for a delivery retry next day?

General Baxter
08-10-10, 09:59 AM
takes 2 hours max lol

Iain
08-10-10, 10:06 AM
Had this at our place too, "missed parcel" notes when people were in all the time.

The other day the postman left my parcel (flat A4 sized package about 1cm thick) under the front door mat. Completely under it! It was only found as my mum noticed it felt a bit wonky to stand on it!

Sloth
08-10-10, 10:16 AM
gazz, nope delivery retry is from when it hits the depot, so in 72 hrs it can be redelivered.... like i trust em to get that right...

it truly stinks. i have something more sinister to post about these bartewards tonight, which will make you think....

Sloth
08-10-10, 10:17 AM
Had this at our place too, "missed parcel" notes when people were in all the time.

The other day the postman left my parcel (flat A4 sized package about 1cm thick) under the front door mat. Completely under it! It was only found as my mum noticed it felt a bit wonky to stand on it!

thats ****ing negligent, what if it was your wedding pics or a mirror glass? utterly useless.

Pistol Pete
08-10-10, 11:16 AM
You can collect from the depot after 24 hours.

L14MNP
08-10-10, 11:17 AM
They do it all the time mate. To be fair to them though, it's impossible for them to carry everyone's parcels around, and obviously there aren't enough vans available, so they hit you with the 'Sorry we missed you' slip. lol Royal Fail indeed.

It makes for an awkward exchange when you catch them about to knock/just leaving and they fess up as not having the parcel on them. lol

Sloth
08-10-10, 11:32 AM
You can collect from the depot after 24 hours.

cool i shall be down there tonight expecting my parcel or an apology from a manager or a noshing. ta muchly. :)

brainsnova
08-10-10, 11:34 AM
i missed a parcel and its the same postie everyday and the boy up the roads mates with him so after a quick call my parcel was back in 10mins :d

Stuart
08-10-10, 11:35 AM
Sometimes they get "contractors" in to deliver, and they arent obliged to return to the depot, so your stuff can be in their van overnight...

Jack
08-10-10, 12:14 PM
They do it all the time mate. To be fair to them though, it's impossible for them to carry everyone's parcels around, and obviously there aren't enough vans available, so they hit you with the 'Sorry we missed you' slip. lol Royal Fail indeed.
^ this. There was a big media hoo-haa about it a while back, although they've been doing it for donkeys years.

My local depot is pretty good, usually they deliver around 10am, then missed deliveries are available from the depot (5 mins down the road from me) around 4 hours afterwards, so ideal for me to pickup after work.

Couriers are useless though, I had one (possibly Citilink iirc, it was a while ago now) who left a note. Rang the number to arrange redelivery, they said they cannot do redelivery, I had to pick the parcel up from them. Fine. But the depot was in Bristol - 40 miles Norf. Now consider the parcel originally came from Taunton, 20 miles west of me.... I asked the bint on the phone to explain why I had basically paid them £20 to take the parcel 20 miles further away from me?! LMFAO (thankfully I called back the next day and spoke to someone else who re-arranged delivery!)

Sloth
08-10-10, 12:45 PM
lolz/\

ben doodar
08-10-10, 01:30 PM
Ha ha I work in an autofactors and people are constantly saying "there miles cheaper on eBay" my boss allways calmly says buy it from eBay then. After a few regular customers had tried to buy parts from eBay And had hastle with the postie, or returning wrong items. Most have seemed to come bk to us.

P.s the royal mail have been ****e in our area recently. Xx

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
08-10-10, 01:45 PM
hmm i have good exsperience with postie normally they leave it in a said place unless its a volcano faced newbie then they just panic and run off like,

"Oh no's what shall i do no one answered"(1 sec thought)"ill leave an attempted"

Sloth
08-10-10, 01:50 PM
Ha ha I work in an autofactors and people are constantly saying "there miles cheaper on eBay" my boss allways calmly says buy it from eBay then. After a few regular customers had tried to buy parts from eBay And had hastle with the postie, or returning wrong items. Most have seemed to come bk to us.

P.s the royal mail have been ****e in our area recently. Xx

i can see the point there ben, but i aint a business. im only fixing the damn thing for him as he's skint and i owe him big time. :thumb: no profit here.

draper
08-10-10, 02:05 PM
royal fail FTL

sent a letter recorded/signed for 20/8 and it still hasnt got there (actually youve just reminded me i need to put a claim in)

my postie is quite good, deliveries are about 1pm so when im on nights im up, since i have a few bits delivered they always have mine on the van but if i do miss the delivery the collection depot is 3mins away and next door to my work

Pistol Pete
08-10-10, 03:08 PM
*touching everything wooden*

I havent really had any bother with Royal Mail TBH. Even the couriers are pretty good. Guess i'm just lucky??!!

ben doodar
08-10-10, 03:40 PM
Explains it all. This ones from my area.

http://m.youtube.com:80/?client=mv-vf-uk#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=yimvOk9VIfI